Can anyone run me through the differences in mobile i5s that come in the x220...

Can anyone run me through the differences in mobile i5s that come in the x220? Should I spring for the most expensive one or am I memeing myself for little real world performance difference?

bump

Bought few HP box off the guy, good seller.
I was looking at the same bid wanting get into the thinkpad meme but I have idea about thinkpads thought.

come on boys, give me an answer and then I'll go away, does the i5 model matter in these laptops?

>but I have idea about thinkpads thought.
u fuckin wot m8? Yeah I want to fall for the meme too, trying to work out which model is worth it. Thinkpads are the patrician choice in Aus because they don't look like they're worth much to abos so you're less likely to get mugged for it if you bring it around with you.

>give me an answer and then I'll go away
Fuck off.
There's also a /tpg/ thread you could have asked this.
This is not Google, we don't care you're a spoiled dumbass wanting everything on a silver platter.

Get the i7 solely for the USB 3.0

Thanks bud, I didn't realise the x220 had an i7 model.

Suck me off cunt, thoughts?

Only selling low end i5

much better than the i7 toasters.
i5 2520m ftw

Do the i7 models have those garbage chiclet keyboards?

Np man
They are extremely easy to work on. You could get a parts one with a i7, and a x220i. Mine is a Frankenstein. Also get the IPS it's worth it.
Is toaster desu. With turboboost will get to 90c. I replaced the thermal paste twice, does not help. If you are autistic about the temperatures you can just mess with the max clockrate.

Get the IPS for the love of God though. Otherwise you have a 1366x768 the panel.

The i5 mobile can handle a lot of shit, I have one in my laptop that's not a thinkpad and the integrated graphics is like. What, 300mhz? 500mhz? And it can fucking run a decent game and play high def videos. Just don't try 4k on it. As for raw processing power, it's great. Naturally an i7 would be better because of the architecture but if you want bang for your buck an i5 will do great for most tasks. Compare them like you would with a computer, except imagine the heat output to be double and nothing you can do about it.

I just need a laptop to do terminal shit, handle an IDE and watch movies. X220 looks pretty good, otherwise maybe a T420.

definitely will try to find IPS.

T420 will do you fine m80

thanks lad, I'll check them out on ebay.

>Get the IPS for the love of God though.
Seconded, the TN panel really is fucking terrible.
t. owner of one

IPS are so much more expensive, is it really worth if I'm just watchin movies and doing terminal shit?

>is it worth it to get a better screen because all I do is just look at the screen
Idiot

Yeah but I mean the IPS models I've seen are like $300 more expensive, surely a TN isn't THAT bad?

Just buy a TN model and a used IPS panel and replace it.

>Just don't try 4k
I can play 4k 60fps on my HD 3000 thinkpad x220. Where u god now? want proof?

Post proof.

>the transvestite tripfag is enabling cancer on Sup Forums
I'm not even surprised

u made white boi?

Get Nitrocaster's FHD IPS mod.

>can't even type out bait properly
poor little cancer