Ask an american correctional officer anything

Ask me anything, foreign questions especially. I am a Correctional Officer/Prison Officer/Prison Guard

Other urls found in this thread:

ageofconsent.net/states/wisconsin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Could you share a cool story?

no

Whats it like being surrounded by niggers all day?

is your facility private?

Ever been splashed with shit water? What do you think of the prison food and nutriloaf? Did you fail the exams to be a real cop?

Maybe a less cool story? A sad one?

How fucked would you be if you were imprisoned?

One time I saw a guy shit down his pant leg?
Not pleasant, but I'm Chicano so its all relative
Public, I dont believe in private prisons
Yes. I think its disgusting but not any worse than what I ate in the Army. No, I don't want to be a police officer

I had a guy who got released who ended up getting married and being productive and is now literally my neighbor. Nice guy, no hard feelings which is cool. And I would be a fucking dead man.

What do you think of the prison system? Do you think people deserve to be locked up in metal cages? Do you feel that you are being rewarded fairly for the level of danger and stress that you are put through? Do you think that correctional officers are given too much liberty when violently dealing with inmates?

Your taxes keep food on my table. Niggers aren't people. See the first answer. Not enough tbdesu

>What do you think of the prison system?
I am generally indifferent towards it, cold I guess though.
>Do you think people deserve to be locked up in metal cages?
Some people yes, I am a firm believer in humane bay type situations for nonviolent inmates
>Do you feel that you are being rewarded fairly for the level of danger and stress that you are put through?
I make about $40,000 a year so I feel well enough compensated, and I enjoy my life with family, and even my time with some of the inmates
>Do you think that correctional officers are given too much liberty when violently dealing with inmates?
I believe we have enough liberty, I do believe our oversight and accountability are severely lacking though

Thanks, was worried this retard was you.

>Some people yes, I am a firm believer in humane bay type situations for nonviolent inmates

Interesting, would you say that the majority of people currently in prison deserve to be there?

Please tell me your salary.

No. I'd say half. I don't believe people who smoke pot or bang a 17 year old girl when they are 18 have any business in prison. Its not cost effective, and I don't have the fucking time to deal with them. Plus being locked up exposes them to far worse. Why I have a pot smoker and an armed robber live together is beyond me.

$40,000 a year, approximately 50 hours a week

Isn't american prison like 90% niggers and pedos?

Alot of first nations people where I am too, but yes

do you treat (you not the whole facility) harshly?
if so what do you do to them?

do you treat the prisoners*

No, unnecessarily harsh treatment opens me up to people attacking me in retaliation. If possible I am always as polite as possibly and try to get inmates to laugh when I can. As a result, no one has ever attacked me for a specific reason(breaking up fights is a different story), but no personal attacks )

Do you run into a lot of those 18 year olds in jail for sex with a 17 year old cases?

I thought that was just a meme.

I can think of five off the top of my head, my state is zero tolerance for statutory rape, sad in my opinion.

I see
do others in the facility treat them badly? and if so can you give me an example of how they do that?
also what is the worst thing the prison guards have ever done to a prisoner?

Holy shit

What shitty state is this?

I mean you get like 6 months in jail for murder in Canada so we're a bit extreme in the other direction, but what the fuck.

Some are sadistic yes, they'll single out individuals for shakedowns for no reason or pretend the inmate was resisting so they can fuck them up. The worst thing you can do to someone is make up an infraction and send them to seg(solitary confinement). It makes me sick to think of that.

yeah...
Wisconsin, actually visiting Winnipeg with my wife next week!

can't the inmates do anything about it? better yet can't you report that or something?
also what is a shakedown

R A R E
A
R
E

As a Chicano how do you feel the system treats Latins?

Crossing wisconson off the list of states to raise a family in.

They can file a complaint. I have anonymously reported one instance of abuse, and spoken to my colleagues in private about stopping that behavior(at least in my presence.) Openly condemning them would be career suicide as well as result in them potentially not watching my back. I have never and will never abuse another person.

Estoy triste por mis presos latinos. Tengo un primo que es un preso en el estado de California y yo se que los carcels alli son teribles... I just live with it, the Mexican inmates who dont speak english love when I come around and speak to them in spanish. It makes me sad to see other officers treat them poorly, though they know to not do it in my presence.
Make sure youre wife is 18+ and youre good

>Make sure youre wife
I guess he was thinking about his possible son.

I'm just wondering how that statutory rape law even makes sense. So you're saying that if two 17 year olds are dating, then one turns 18 before the other, now it's statutory rape? Are all High School seniors in your state completely on edge at all times?

Oh yeah, here is you are a 16 year old boy and you fuck a 16 year old girl you can still go to prison for rape

Wisconsin

YES

Some states have "Romeo and Juliet laws", in which otherwise-Statutory Rape is forgiven if the "offender" and the "victim" are not of too different ages, to prevent stuff like this. Illinois, where I live, does not have such laws, and I take it neither does Wisconsin.

that is what I am saying yes. It doesnt really matter in inner cities where the police dont care about anything, in smaller towns just dont get caught or have a shitty district attorney. i was actually almost prosecuted when i was younger(oh irony)
Teach me how to Bucky

The thing is, I don't even know if you are memeing, I could totally believe this unreasonable situation.

>50 hours a week

That's a lot for a prison guard. In Spain they work like 3 days in a row and rest 5.

how long are their siestas?

It's one of those laws everybody knows is completely retarded, but either lawmakers aren't aware of them, don't care, are completely incompetant, or don't want to be the guy know for changing it.

No up-and-coming state senator wants to be known as "The defender of kid diddlers everywhere".

He's not about age. The Age of Consent in Illinois is 17, with no Romeo and Juliet law, and I assume Wisconsin's is 16. IDK about the gender part, though.

4 hours, like what the spanish Constitucion rules.

They have 8 days in a week in Spain?

No. I am not memeing. ageofconsent.net/states/wisconsin
Yeah, I know what your guys' work schedules are like. I backpacked through Andalusia last year for vacation with my wife and everyone seemed to on break more than they were working lol

Jesus you spics are lazy

I'm not OP, and don't have any CO or Prison experience, but I've heard COs are hard to come by, especially problematic given the US's large prison population.

>Constitutionally mandated 4-hour breaks

And you wonder why you have a shit economy

No, and I don't think it's that difficult to understand that they don't work according to the seven days system.

>The joke
>
>
>
>
>Your head

You are american, m8, it's hard to tell when you are joking or just being yourself.

1: Do you like lolis
2: Who is your favourite lolicon artist?
Pic related, White Datura.

Do you believe that death penalty is acceptable?

>All that statutory rape discussion
>18 with 17 is rape
>16 with 16 is still rape
Holy fucking shit. Y'all know that in my country AoC is 14 and what you call "Romeo and Juliet" laws here prevent punishment for the 13~16 age range, so it's extremely weird for me that a State would ever consider "statutory rape" something like this 18-17/16-16
And while generally speaking no one over 25 actually consider acceptable to date a minor, no one would consider it acceptable to punish it with criminal law. The penal code is literally the extrema ratio.
I remember in high school one of my female colleagues, 15 (well developed already), dating a 19 yo guy, there wasn't anything so scandalous about it.

I believe in the death penalty for certain things like serial killers and people are completely unfit to be in society(Carl Pranzram).

isnt that just "el paro"?

No, el paro is being 50 hours a week in the bar playing cards with your friends while having delicious tapas funded by german taxpayers.

how much for a tapa?
in euzkadi is 2 euros for a pintxo

>how much for a tapa?

Basques are jews. Tapas and pinchos are for free. Raciones aren't.

Do you consider yourself British, or of British culture?

lol
have you ever gotten any inmates from Kenosha/Racine/Pleasant Prairie area?

yes! And they all act like they are from Milwaukee lol.

>there are 8 days in a Spanish week
This explains so much

ay
what are my Keno lads like? We're pretty nice folk

and why Milwaukee? It's just as shitty as any of those

what was your favourite ever moment on the job?

Suburban blacks pretending to be thugs lol, but not as bad as the kids from milwaukee/chicago. And yeah fuck milwaukee, La Crosse is home for me

when the clock strikes 5 and his shift is over

Watching a guy go through education and being super proud to be able to read my instructors that day, never seen a guy that happy. Too bad he wont see the light of day for years...

Ah so you get illinois folk too

so what about the Winthrop Harbor/Zion/Waukegan area?

I have like no one from the Oshkosh area lol, probably proportionate to the population though, I love deer hunting up by there though

oh no lmao I mean NE corner of Illinois
I'm just curious, I was born in keno and live in the corner of Illinois now, are you ex-mil or did you just get into this?

Former military, got my Bachelors in Sociology, am wait listed to go to Law School at Marquette