Is this the right way to configure a 6SA7 pentagrid (tridode hexode) tube to modulate two signals?

Is this the right way to configure a 6SA7 pentagrid (tridode hexode) tube to modulate two signals?

Also can I use an external local oscillator as shown connected to the oscillator grid in black or do I have the use the Hartly oscillator I see in schematics online as shown in red?

What're you making my man?
Depending on your answer, I will have to almost definitely recommend you to use a transistor instead

You probably want to ask this is /diy/. This is more a consumer tech board.

Fuck I'm retard. I connected the oscillator to the cathode heater in the schematic instead of the cathode itself. Fixed.

Nah you're just pleb

I need to frequency mix (heterodyne) two signals. I didn't like diode ring mixers because they involved winding trifilar toroids which is a pain and the Gilbert cell seemed like a good solution until I realized the NE602 was internally biased ridiculously close to the positive rail and I could only feed in very small input signals under 60mV or so which I found unacceptable. I found these tubes for cheap, $1.00/tube, and figured I'd play around with them and see how well they worked. If I like them I'll use them.

Fuck, meant for

install gentoo

That sounds fair. Personally I've never had any experience with any tubes myself, they're kind of hard to find in my country, but I've used one for an amp project back in college.
All I can say is, take care of the heating, if the temperature is not right, you will have very ugly distortion. I wasted hours debugging my amp circuit when the problem lied in the tube

god i hate tubes, why not make a discrete mixer with fets or transistors. you could even make your own gilbert cell, or another transconductance cell

fuck 100V

I need high voltage for a different part of the project anyway so I might as well though the boost converter I designed can't output enough current, it's limited to about 20mA or so, so I'm probably gonna need to design a flyback converter instead.

Ask /diy/.

This board is for Linux NEET shitposting

No this board is for posting about technology and technology accessories. Vacuum tubes are technology.

i'd just use a rectifier and microwave transformer, or wind your own or use a 110v->5v wallwart transformer backwards

I'd rather roll my own flyback converter. It's not too difficult to design the only difficulty is finding a suitable transformer. The benefit of a flyback converter is I can have several different voltage taps off the secondary of the transformer. I know I'll at least need a 200V or thereabouts and a +12V tap as well or better yet a +24V tap with the return point a +12V to get a +/- 12V supply and avoid running op-amps single supply. I may need more voltages. I'm not sure yet.

I'll probably do feedback for regulation from the +200V rail with either a feedback winding or an opto-isolator.

asking such thing on Sup Forums ,where most of the people neets are.

dragon dildos are also technology

Putting the g back in technology...

Whats the final application of this circuit? If your modulating freqs with a gilbert cell then would this be a radio component?

Swept tuned spectrum analyzer. Not for RF but for audio frequencies. I already did a real time spectrum analyzer with discrete MFB bandpass filters per frequency range and wanted to try something a bit more interesting. I would like to get into RF and microwave stuff in the future.

>6SA7 pentagrid (tridode hexode) tube

How many FPS in PUBG can you get out of one of those with a 7700K?

I honestly dont have much experience with curcuitry, but I am in the process of becoming a amateur radio operator, our 3rd tier licenses require extensive topological knowledge and the ability to apply that knowledge as well.

RF is a great field but I'm speaking with a heavy bias, very interesting when you start to consider cosmological and meterological effects on propogations of signals.

I'd love to get into circuitry but I keep putting off watching videos pertaining to it.

Well I mean in theory, assuming you feed in the clock frequency of the i7-7700K to the oscillator grid and a signal of some frequency f to the mixer grid you should get sum a difference products according to:

sin(2πf1t)sin(2πf2t) = (1/2)cos[2π(f1-f2)t] - (1/2)cos[2π(f1+f2)t]

so if you feed in a high frequency signal and filter out the local oscillator and lower sideband with a high pass filter you'll only be left with a sum frequency higher than the clock frequency. Feed this in as your new clock and watch your FPS skyrocket... maybe. ;)

if you wind your transformer you can put the taps anywhere you like

Eh, I hate winding transformers and coils though and I never seem to do it quite right. It's always comes out a bit sloppy and the transformation ratio is never quite right, nor is the inductance when doing coils. I'd rather just try to find an off the shelf solution.

If I can't find anything that does what I need or I need some expensive custom shit then fine, I'll wind my own.

When you posted this you probably didn't expect an answer, as it is obvious that not many people on Sup Forums know little more than ricing and PC building.

This means that you must have posted it because you want to feel smarter than said people.

I'm not as cynical as you. I've seen radio hams post here before. I know there's someone who can help. Yeah I could post on /diy/ but I'll have to wait until next year for answer if I get one at all. /sci/ isn't any better either, it's just a bunch of freshmen math and physics majors circle jerking about their IQ. Sup Forums is smarter by a long shot, especially night Sup Forums.