Comfy Intel HD / AMD APU laptops

Heya Sup Forums

If I was to get a laptop that wasn't exactly blow-your-socks-off but was capable of at least running say, Source games and Overwatch what Intel HD or AMD APU lappies can do it comfortably?

Or more specifically, what Intel HD series (I'm thinking 4000 and up?) or AMD A-x chips can do it. The sort of shit you'd find in old Sony Vaios or $500~ laptops.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkKvLkwxUrU
youtube.com/watch?v=KpmTtAtEvnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(cont.) Reason why i'm asking is I've got this heavy as _fuck_ Acer Aspire 5920g with an ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4670 whacked in the MXM slot. it's fast-ish but the CPU is getting a little old and the battery is utterly shot. Bitch is only Wireless G too, and I'm sick of using a USB WLAN adaptor. Too heavy to lug around comfortably.

minimum intel hd 6000

That is literally the exact same laptop model I'm using now

Yes

Holy shit, that runs on a Thinkpad?! What model is that.

My older brother literally had the same fucking sony Vaio pro.. got destroyed asf after taking it to UNI, brb let me take a picture

T430

I think that's a T430 with an eGPU.

That would explain why the video is shot so close up. Dangit.

Some A10 or A8 should do fine, as long as its a 4 core
Some laptops also have a dedicated GPU which can be used in crossfire with the integrated one

Discrete GPUs will push the price up too far even from used for what I want to do with it, which is why I'm asking about iGPU solutions that aren't too weak that it couldn't dick around in Half Life 2 or something. Saves battery as well, I think?

So far, Intel HD 6000 or A10/A8 quad cores are the answers.

Yes, intel HD 600 or whatever they are called (the ones in the 6200u and 7200u) are fine
But AMD A10 would be preferable, as it is usually quite a bit cheaper and also has a stronger iGPU

>tfw new Lenovo AMD laptops will have Bristol Ridge, and not Raven Ridge
hold me bros

Raven Ridge isn't ready yet.
I HOPE that AMD/Lenovo doesn't play Jew Tricks and let these laptops be upgraded with awesome kike killer Ryzen APUs.

Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM for $350 on Amazon. It even has a 1080P screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=IkKvLkwxUrU

No its not you faggot

Just add more ram

I literally took these yesterday on tpg

(((Acer)))

Didn't those cheap Acer laptops have a tiny battery

3 cell but it says to have 12 hour battery life so something closer to 8 hours which is not bad for a full hd screen.

Problem is that they actually last 2 or 3 hours under normal workload (browsing, watching videos,...) and acceptable display brightness
But they are fine laptops if you don't need a big battery

gaming on a non-gaming or non-"desktop replacement" laptop is just simply a no-go. it'll get too hot and throttle the CPU and you'll just get annoyed with it.

There was one Intel iGPU that could run the phantom pain at 720p60 on lowest settings. Try looking for it on DF.

The Sony Vaio Pro is awesome

Happens with gaming notebooks too, they just last slightly longer before dying from heat exposure.

youtube.com/watch?v=KpmTtAtEvnU here you go asshole