Dusted off my old ThinkPad T60

This shit is slow as fuck. I had it since middle school.
I am 22 now, honestly have not touched it in years. Why the fuck you guys worship it?
Only thing it's got going is the retro aesthetic and the sounds of the keys.
Fucking thing only has 1GB of RAM

People worship newer models but that being said 4gb and an ssd combined with a lighter weight distro go a long way.

Because frankenpads

Mine is the T60 1952A36

Install libreboot faggot

will i lose my shit?

why can't you fags stay in your shitty generals? no one uses this archaic piece of crap nowadays

Up the ram and cpu and it's fine

no fucking shit read the OP.
that being said my main use laptop is bigger and this is actually comfy to use in bed.

no fucking faggot stay in your containment thread

will i have to wait til friday for that since i am a poorfag. can i c++ on this dinosaur?

>Generals are cancer
>Please go back to your generals

What now, faggot?

You could do that now

Yes. Of course compiling gigantic c++ projects will take a while but I guess you want to learn, practice and work on personal projects, not compile qtwebkit 24/7.

Can I use an IDE or will have to use wordpad?
if wordpad I have no idea how to run it via compiler. I always use IDEs

yeah, thanks

Yeah text editor plus compiler
You could try installing an ide?

I'll just use text editor and learn to compile.

thanks Sup Forumsuys

T60
>Core2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz $20
>4GB 2x2GB DDR2-667MHz 200pin PC2 5300 $10

super cheap to upgrade, performance is great (my core2 duo t5750 4gb ddr2 toshiba has been running windows 7 pro for the last 9 years and it handles 40+ chrome tabs, 1080p video and all the classic games i would want to play).

>1GB RAM
>I'm too retarded to stick more in
>what is T70?

buy t70 kit
i tried lots of things with mine but at the end of the day it's still got 2006 era internals and it will never be fast

use vim

you make a lot of your stupidity apparent in posts like this, op. a sweeping condemnation of [thing] and claiming ignorance why anyone else would like [thing]. maybe other people know something you're too dumb to figure out?

Put 4gb ram, Put in better 64bit processor for that socket.
install 64 bit linux of choice.
Now you have a great machine

used my x60 as a daily driver for about a week last year. i still use it for drawing in krita but its running gentoo now. was running arch last year. i had to replace the ram but other than that no issues