What DNS do you use?

I live in a country with a pretty heavy censorship, and it translates itself through the government asking the ISP to block some domains.

So by simply using a different DNS on your computer, you can avoid the censorship and access those domains.
Up to now, I always used one of Google's DNS, which is 8.8.8.8 . It's pretty easy to remember, and I can even ask customers to type it over the phone.

But now that I have lost all trust and respect in Alphabet, I am searching for a new DNS. What is the one that you use? I need one that I can trust, and I need to be sure that the DNS won't disappear all of the sudden in a year or two, I don't want to have to change the DNS on 1 000 computers.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.ipfire.org/en/dns/public-servers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OpenDNS

Opendns

opendns is truly good.

So you use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 ?

OpenDNS

OpenDNS is fucking garbage.

Ran by cisco and they censor things.

Fucking dumb shits up in here gawd daamn.

Use OpenNIC it's god teir and they support domains that ICANN is gay about or something

It's great. Seriously. Use it.

Also something something Israel has their hands in everything.

My own.
unbound + dnscrypt mustard race.

>they censor things.
Source?
Like what?

I like this guy.

Okay yeah OpenNIC is alpha tier.

This guy is god tier.

So you keep a copy of all dns records ever in the world locally? Because I'm pretty sure your local unbound still has to as other DNS servers about information to resolve stuff.
Using unbound with 8.8.8.8 as a forward address is no different than setting 8.8.8.8 as dns in your client...

Use yandex security dns

>yandex security dns
So Russian govt spying instead of Alphabet spying?

Chaos Computer Club's.

wiki.ipfire.org/en/dns/public-servers

Use Level3's dns,they have been no hands on and have never censored anything.

If you really want more secure dns
Setup unbound + dnscrypt + dnssec

OpenNIC

Unbound keep a local cache, OpenNIC + DNScrypt in case of cache miss.

perfect-privacy.com

Via my VPN

The local cache must be built up somehow and it will only last the TTL really. You still need forward addresses to resolve shit

After you initialize your cache from InterNIC and get the root name servers, unbound becomes it's own resolver...

That has nothing to do with caching.
Caching will only keep the resolution requests in memory for a certain amount of time before performing them again.

This, OpenNIC is the most serious alternative

>Caching will only keep the resolution requests in memory for a certain amount of time before performing them again.
No.
They will be cached locally on in the unbound database,thats the point of a dns cache

He is right, if a DNS request TTL is expired unbound query a third party server and refresh the cache entry in the local database.
In my case that third party is an OpenNIC DNSCrypt enabled server.

Look up a paid VPN and use their dns