/hpg/ Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B0016MF7W2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_R1xRzbGDWKPJN
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888545-REG/Auray_eps_mdr7506_Genuine_Sheepskin_Leather_Earpads.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY
innerfidelity.com/content/very-important-sennheiser-hd-580-hd-600-and-hd-650
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bayerdynaHISSSSSS shill
fuck off with that sibilant hissing garbage!
anyway, this is a troll thread.
DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD!

ps: seek mental help before you murder your whole family.

Daily reminder that all you need for perfect audio experience is $3 earbuds and EqualizerAPO + PeaceGUI.
Anything more is for retarded audiophools who love falling for snake's oil scams.

>sibilant hissing
>the bassy as fuck beyer model
at least get your shitposting right.

thats not even a real beyer

>tfw listening to my headphones with earplugs in

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

its like this
I'm on episode 7 of love live now
i feel like a fag watching it it's too girly

Go hang yourself, pedos.

Ahh, the shame stage.
It only gets better from there.

I'm like... the absolute last person you would ever expect to be watching some shit like this if you just saw me in passing.
I think the show is pretty enjoyable though, it has a nice plot and makes you feel the feels.
Still can't see myself listening to your kind of music though

>earbuds
Nope. That distortion. Pleas change to $3 IEM.

>i feel like a fag watching it it's too girly
Don't, it's "seinen" so it's literally made for you.

what are the best replacement earpads for a 7506?
mine are in tatters now and bits a pieces are starting to get stuck in my ears

HD600, HD579, mdr-cd900st.

>no anime girl
Beyerfags: not one of us.

There are some velour earpads for another set of cans that fit perfectly on the v6/7506 and I really like them, I'm using them as i write this post ama

Beyerdynamic EDT250V Headphone Ear Pads Black amazon.com/dp/B0016MF7W2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_R1xRzbGDWKPJN

Another option is you could get some stock 7506 pads, I mean the pleather on mine lasted years before needing replacement

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888545-REG/Auray_eps_mdr7506_Genuine_Sheepskin_Leather_Earpads.html
Velours will change the sound too much. Get these.

Hey /hpg/ anons I've been shopping for headphones for a while now as I think I'm going to go balls deep audio-phool and spend GPU/monitor tier money on headphones.
Is this graph accurate? Can you help me understand what it says about each headphone in comparison to each other?
It seems like the he560 is the "best"? The lack of subbass on the shure and senn's are kind of off putting. The mids on all of them seem comparable and I don't know to interpert the highs, they're always so spikey on every headphone.
I'm also open to EQ, I will EQ no matter what headphone I buy so I guess that's a consideration.

Forgot pic

ok thanks pals

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Stax are better, zmf shit is better, hd800/s is better, high end hifimans are better, most lcd's are better.

InnerFidelity's compensated graphs are garbage because their target curve is garbage. They don't represent what a headphone sounds like. HD600 is better than any of those. Most music doesn't have fundamental tones below 40 Hz, so response below 40 Hz is fairly inconsequential. HD600 doesn't have spiky highs; that's why it's great.

Nah, you're wrong.

>zmf
>faggot retard hipster boutique headphones

I'd rather have beats

Thanks for sharing but you forgot about the other like 20 headphones that take a big fat wet shit all over the hd600.

pic+timestamp

Alright, here's the deal: it's almost the end of 2017 and I've been using strictly only wireless Bluetooth headphones for the couple last years, simply out of principle and to gather all the needed first-hand experience on this entire "wired VS wireless" debacle. So, after using strictly only wireless headphones on a daily basis for almost two-and-a-half years, I can definitely without any doubt openly state that the "always wired only" and "only highly expensive portable players/no smartphone pleb-tier" pseudo-audiophilic FAGGOTS are completely and absolutely FULL OF SHIT. I won't argue with anyone here that wireless headphones in general and wireless sound technologies in overall were utter garbage just 5-or-so years ago, but nowadays it's NOWHERE even remotely close to being as bad as it was in 2012 and further down the line. Everything (literally EVERY THING) these so-called self-proclaimed pseudo-audiophilic kiddie shithead trolls are openly and absolutely brainlessly proclaiming loudly everywhere about MODERN wireless sound technologies being any "bad" or "not on par with wired" is 100% COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Abso-effing-lute LIE. These retarded deaf kiddies clearly never used any modern wireless headphones that cost more than 50$ (and actually good/worthwhile wireless headphones start from the 120$ mark AT THE VERY LEAST) and/or they never tried Apt-X LL or ESPECIALLY the GODLIKE LDAC. These FAGS basically don't know jack about any of this, but they act like they're the hottest and most knowledgeable shits around the block while in reality they're not hot, but just shit. MODERN wireless sound IS actually VERY good and does NOT lose to wired at all by the sheer quality of sound and latency (if it's apt-X LL or LDAC), WHILE being WAAAY more convenient and comfortable to use due to headphones being completely (WELL, DUH!) wireless. Fuck all those pseudo-audiophilic pseudo-elitistic sudo-entitled "pro-wired" scrubshits, I say. They know fucking NOTHING.

I'm not defending the HD600. I just hate shit eating hipster faggots.

>What ~50$ range wireless headphones would Sup Forums recommend?
Unfortunately, there are almost no actually decent/good models in that price range. The closest one you can get to be of a "somewhat decent sound quality" is Rombica's "MySound BH-10 2C" model, but they have extremely crappy Bluetooth range and they usually tend to bug out and turn off even if slightest electromagnetic interference is nearby (like, for example, when you're in a convenience store and standing near a commercial fridge). Also note that they are literally "Chinkshit Wireless"-tier of headphones. If you never ever had a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones before and you wish to get ACTUALLY worthwhile device from the first attempt - you'd have to spend AT LEAST 120$ and these will be MEElectronics' "Air-Fi Matrix 3" model and NO OTHER. This is the EXACT very point where actual wireless GOOD quality starts.

>Have they also opened it up for non-Sony headphones or do I need a Sony wireless?
That we don't know yet, as there are simply no massive amount of Android 8-based smartphones on the market so far, but I personally highly doubt that this will be Sony-only when it becomes mainstream, simply due to default LDAC implementation in all Android 8 devices making no logical sense in the case if Sony decides to not license this to other wireless headphone manufacturers. They've already licensed this to Android 8, so why the hell will they restrict it only to their wireless headphones now? That will be an asshole move and will undoubtedly garner a lot of critique on Sony's ass. I don't think that Sony's THAT stupid as to not provide other wireless headphone manufacturers with a LDAC license. And even if (and that's a very big IF) they actually in all seriousness restrict LDAC usage only to their wireless devices, this still at least leaves us an option to not use a Sony smartphone for it if we wouldn't want to, so there's at least that.

Anyone got experience with Brainwavz free shipping in Canada or Mexico?
How long did it take for non-USA NA territories for you?

>i hate people who buy things i don't like!!
>mom why do they keep doing things i dont like!!
>MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOP
RWEQREIHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOQFWEDQWEFEQWF

>Name one worthwhile wireless headphone that isn't shit-tier or overpriced for what it sounds
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 SE (monitor, closed, neutral, medium price)
MEElectronics AirFi Matrix 3 (monitor, half-open, neutral-to-bright, price-wise this very start of the actual good quality in wireless headphones so this is as low as you should go if you're planning on using LDAC/Apt-X LL)
Marshall Monitor Bluetooth (monitor, closed, V-shape, medium price)
Master & Dynamic MW60 (monitor, closed, V-shape, high price yet not ineptly overpriced)
Bang & Olufsen H9 (monitor, closed, neutral, mid-to-high price)
Sony MDR-1000X (monitor, closed, warm-to-neutral, mid-to-high price, best ANC)
Onkyo W800BT (IEM, closed, neutral, mid price)
JVC HA-S90BN (monitor, closed, V-shape, mid price)

All of these currently available headphones are absolutely worthwhile wireless solutions. The most expensive one in that list is Master & Dynamic MW60 and even it is not really overpriced (usually sells for 600$, but can be found for as cheap as ~420$ at some places during sale-off days).

P.S.
Answering the question that was made in the previous thread: "open" structure is not actually common in the wireless segment, at least when it comes down to monitor headphones, but if anything - you could always try MEElectronics' AirFi Matrix 3, they're partially open. Also please don't ever lump "closed" design and "bad" together all the time, because this is simply not true. All of the closed monitor headphones mentioned above are absolutely top-notch pieces of hardware and sound very good for their respective pricing segments (Master & Dynamic MW60 having the best materials and sounding phenomenally even in artificially created bad conditions, but it's sound curve, which is very clearly V-shaped, is definitely not necessarily for everyone. I personally prefer absolutely neutral sound, so my personal wireless headphones of choice for everyday usage are Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 SE and Onkyo W800BT).

t. beta cuck nu-male faggot

Are the HD600s still the go-to open mid-fi set?

the sennshit shills are simply unparalleled

Here user give these a listen
Maybe you'll cheer up!

Obviously. It's not even close.

what headphones are these

what a punchable face

May as well buy IEMs. They'll sound better and have a bigger sound stage. HD600 is depreciated trash at this point.

>Budget
$400
>Location
US
>Source
Luxman L-430 Integrated Amplifier
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
dont care
>Comfort level
Will be wearing them every day for 8+ hours at a time
>Sound signature
Reference
>Past headphones
DT-770 Pro 250 ohm, Koss R-80, Koss KO-727b, Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 (favorite so far)

This is bait.

It says right on the image.
HD600, obviously.

HD600
Definitely. There's an obvious, scripted answer for that kind of template.

bakers penha

>itt: shitposters and people who haven't tsted more than two good headphones in their entire lives.

Er, put captcha in message.

>sticking shit in your ears
I would hope by now that there would be something on the market that sounds real good that isn't made primarily out of plastic.

alternatives to 770?

Satania a cute. A cute!!

Custom Studios are bass boosted; like DT770 without the ear rape. DT250 are fairly neutral with a much smaller treble spike.

ath msr7

say that to

>HD600

Are these actually any good or am i being meme'd?

I don't see any Beyers here.

You're in a Sup Forums general.

That's because DT880 aren't neutral. They're bright. Bright. Not neutral.

No, only veiled garbage and one strong v-shape.

Yes, they are good.
youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY

Oiled snake salesman!

dat cute fang.

Both. They're the best full-sized open headphones at any price and you're still being memed.
innerfidelity.com/content/very-important-sennheiser-hd-580-hd-600-and-hd-650

Yes to both questions.
They are good, but people here don't suggest them because of it.

> tfw AKG quality
Bought them in september 2015. Saw daily usage for about a year, then spent the majority of the following year inside a box in my closet.

>shitposters who haven't tested more than two good headphones in their entire lives
Yeah, I completely agree. All of these wirecucks truly make me laugh out loud with all of this "buy Sennheiser and Audio-Technica, GOYM!" carp of theirs. Hipster kiddies seriously stuck in an underground cave, lol. Meanwhile, the TRUE and ONLY gods of headphone sound in these modern times are those who use quality wireless headphones in a combination with LDAC or Apt-X LL.

next time go with real leather or velour.

Nah, you're wrong. Wireless is shit.

This poll needs to be completely redone for this modern day and age where wireless reigns. This shit of yours is too old an stuck-up, literal stone age.

Wireless is fine for lossless audio but unacceptable for lossy audio. Stacking lossy codecs = audible artifacts, period.

prove it kike

>listening to lossy audio in the first place

You're not trying hard enough, wirecucked sucky boy faggot. First actually personally at least TRY all of the models listed here and only AFTER that dare to say anything to me. Just FYI - I own BOTH an Orpheus and SR-009, but I still prefer wireless nowadays simply because MODERN (not from 5-or-more years ago) wireless is actually just THAT GOOD now. It doesn't lose to wired AT-FUCKING-ALL in the case IF you do it ALL right.

I will only accept a wireless listening experience if the benefits outweigh the sound artifacting -- such as listening to music at work where I just want some background noise and I'm not trying to hear detail.

Bluetooth compression artifacting is still a problem, even with 4.1, and my music sounds tinnier when played through anything but a cable.

What's the wireless equivalent of HD600?

Your music collection is pitifully small if it is not larger than the storage capacity of your phone.

proof of audible artifacting?

3DPD.

By that logic a handfull of Wav rips is less pitifull of a collection than many more Flac albums.

>he transcodes lossy to lossy
kek

>no proof

This.
Your FLAC collection is pitifully small if it is not larger than the storage capacity of your phone.

Prove your FLAC collection is bigger than 1.5TB.

Naturally, but who's stupid enough (aside from Chinks and Niggers, of course) as to buy a pair of high quality wireless headphones, then a smartphone or player with LDAC/Apt-X LL, and then listen to friggin' mp3 instead of FLAC or Redbook? If anything, just a daily reminder to all here that LDAC goes all way up to 24 bit and 990kHz - this shit can pwn even some of the more expensive "audiophilic" and downright "ANALytic" offerings on the market IF you do everything right (read - "right" is quality wireless headphones with a quality smartphone/codec and FLAC/Redbook tracks only). Apt-X LL "might" be considered somewhat lossy, but it's latency is so goddamn low and it's still so much better than even the Apt-X HD, that it's almost never an issue. LDAC, on the other hand, is pretty much as close to the "raw wired with best cans" as you could've ever just dreamed it to be, "lossy" is essentially a nonexistent word for LDAC.

Which phone has 1.5 TB of local storage ?
I know UHS-1 mSD slots can take up to 2TB, but the cards themselves only go up to 256GB as of yet.

1TB OTG hard drive
Now where's the proof dumb goy

Bang & Olufsen H9. But that's sound-wise. Sennheiser is nowhere even remotely near to have such outstanding build quality as the one that B&O H9 has. So it's comparable by sound, but quality is way better.

Alright, but what about the remaining .5TB ?
Two 256GB mSD cards ? If so, which phone ?
I'm not even that guy, I'm just actually curious how you manage 1.5TB of local storage on a phone.

>I will only accept a wireless listening experience if the benefits outweigh the sound artifacting -- such as listening to music at work where I just want some background noise and I'm not trying to hear detail.
There is no "artifacting" with LDAC at the very least. Can't say 100% sure for Apt-X LL, but that's a different kind of beast altogether. LDAC is for fidelity AND top-notch quality, Apt-X LL is for INSANELY low latency and very good (but not necessarily for "ANALytically"-good) quality.