How popular is anime, manga and otaku culture in your country?

How popular is anime, manga and otaku culture in your country?

If not popular today, did your country ever have a big anime boom?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30nfka8J8Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

capitalism somehow managed to create an entire market extracting money from autistic people

bretty impresive

More popular than it should be.

its relatively popular in French,Italia,South America.
But Ive heard in German not so much,Why Germany people.

>How popular is anime, manga and otaku culture in your country?

We’re 2nd behind Japan.

Its poplar

Because they have another waifu.

Big anime boom in the 90s, then died down and got relegated to the school weirdos. But now it's starting to be more okay to watch, as long as you are t weird about it.

Not part of mainstream culture and you'll definitely not see alot of weeabos here.
However there are some anime watchers here but they're borderline normies who are a little edgy

I guess French have had the oriental hobby for 200years ago,Your people have good sence of smell to exotic culture.This is the biggest reason why French people are so cool.

>autistic people
BBC literally said it.
youtube.com/watch?v=30nfka8J8Y0
Seems they don't have to care about political correctness for otakus.

animu hasn't been a thing since the mid 00s

>anime
>exotic
It's just stupid americanized cartoons for children.

Mhm, lately we smelled a bit too much of exotic cultures, but yours is always a pleasure to welcome.

I think it started with Pokemon, now they're even dubbing moe-shit and broadcasting it in regular TV

Very, thanks to jap community.

Even politicans who are running for Mayor are going in those events.

Whats wrong with her feet?

You're considered weird as fuck if you watch it here

So fucking this lol. Anime shit is so fucking expensive that makes my hobbies look cheap, and they really arent.

Btw is very popular in my country, usually I go drunk to those conventions and I laugh at them or try having fun. Kinda sad but I cant stand on that sober.

>implying it's worse than fawlty towers or mr. bean

You’re as weird and awkward as they are.

It isn't though, you say to a person you watch fawlty towers/black adder/red dwarf etc. you get a conversation about it, you say you watch anime or read manga you get called a weeb and told to fuck off

>Doing a panel at an anime convention in the early 00s.
>Staff members see me have a "Staff" badge on
>Grab me and puts me on door to check if people have stamps to see if they've paid.
>The rest of the door staff just leave
>"Wtf this isn't my job, they better be back soon"
>get completely overwhelmed, people just ignore me and start walking in since I'm one person watching a double door with hundreds of people going through
>About an hour later one staff member comes back, punches me in the face and says "Why in fuck have you let people through without stamps!?"
>"Wtf sorry I can't do this by myself"
>"Are you retarded?"
>Rest off the staff come back and gang up on me.
>End up just leaving
>Get email later from the organizers "Why didn't you end up doing the panel? We had a full hall! where were you!?"

Last time I ever went to a fucking anime convention. Seriously couldn't even watch anime for about 6 months after that and then have been largely jaded about anime since.

Seriously "normie" anime fans are complete fucktards. The guys are all pretentious autistic fuckwits with massive superiority complexes and the girls are all ADHD nutcases.

Yeah, dont really care. I dont feel superior as them but my social skills are.

>You're considered weird as fuck if you watch it here
As an adult? Possibly, there is still a social stigma against cartoons here. On the other hand, many British people grew up with Dragon Ball and Pokémon, so you obviously wouldn't get laughed at by them unless you're an obnoxious weeaboo.

It's typical for normies to watch anime here.

fuck you nerds

Post you're waifu ITT