American """""""""traffic lights""""""""""

>american """""""""traffic lights""""""""""

How do these things survive a tornado

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8eK31oXK3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

chile

It just works

I don't understand autistic German priorities. Why would traffic lights be a top priority for tornado survival?

they dont. you just replace them for nothing.

argentina

I don't think ftw gets a whole lot of tornados. My particular dallas suburb has only had 2 tocuh down in like 50 years

chile

Why would you just hang a traffic light on a wire

they all down and then u put them back on. lmao.

also that's not what most intersection lights look like. very few hang on a rope like that.

To avoid traffic accidents during tornadoes.

LOL more like two Touchdowns a season

r8 my NFL knowledge

why not? bitch!

>How do these things survive a tornado
They probably don't
This is the style they install in Florida where they expect hurricanes all the time

argentina

At least they're mounted on an actual pole and not just on a flimsy wire

good post

bad post

anime

Dude, nothing survives a fucking tornado

I helped with the clean up in Joplin Missouri, and I promise you that nothing fucking survives
And anything that does "Survive" is unusable
This is what Euros don't understand, that nothing survives. We could make our houses out of fucking anything but the "cardboard" they make fun of us for and the tornado would still fucking rip through it.
The only thing that saves you from a tornado isn't thicker walls, or a stronger building material, it's a fucking basement/cellar/crawl space

chocolate

Because it's cheap and traffic poles cost a fuckload
So if you don't live in a major city or a place that's rich as fuck, chances are there's not enough tax money being pooled together for the city to buy fancy, unnecessary poles

Literally every traffic light I've ever seen looks like this.

>nothing survives
>we keep building in these regions though

return to the circlejerk.

I've been thinking about that myself actually. Who the hell hangs traffic lights on a fucking wire?

America looks really exotic though - I must visit someday

>This is what Euros don't understand, that nothing survives

Even when you tell them them this and you show pictures and videos they refuse to listen. They put their heads in the sand and refuse to accept other view points.

ovocyte

The chance of being hit by a tornado is so fucking slim that this post is just retarded and so are you

t. Never left Suburbia

>no turn on red
WHAT THE FUCK DELET THIS

I've lived in the South for a while and pretty much all lights looked like the ones in the OP, wire-mounted

Makes sense. I thought it had something to do with how wide y'all's streets are, it's much more practical hanging a light right above everyone's head rather than placing a pole in the middle of interstate. And it gets tiresome to always look to the far right if you wanna check for green

shit-tier

When you have a continent sized country it's just easier to get some wire and a pole.

america is basically the shittest place on earth in terms of having constant natural disasters. there's basically no place in this country that is free from danger, so might as well stay where you are.

>west coast
>constant earthquakes and endless raging wildfires

>pacific northwest
>same as above but with added benefit of volcanos

>midwest
>endless tornadoes
>huge blizzards

>the south
>endless tornadoes
>endless downpours and flooding
>endless hurricanes
>negroids

>east coast
>hurricans
>huge blizzards

be american
get natural disaster'd

t. lives in the most generic city in the most generic county in the most flyover state in the union
>inb4 your reply is "but no niggerz amirite

Natural disasters build character. No coincidence that Americans, Chileans, and Japanese have the most character.

t. Cowboys fan

just a bit of wind mate

if you had xtra flags you would know I'm a saints fan

>They put their heads in the sand
That would actually increase your chances of survival in a tornado.

better to be retarded than raped by a gust of wind LOL

Funny how my country is the very opposite in this aspect and yet it doesn't fail at all to reach disaster by other means.

I guess that, as kinda said, natural disaster endures people.

Okay
I like it here
Come back when you can say the same about your city

Get extra flags

well depending on the strength of storms in the area maybe you'd need insanely strong poles to withstand it. So having a few lights wall on the ground while the cabling is somewhat salvageable is probably a cheaper solution. In the short term at least and so when you dont want to raise taxes (because it makes you unpopular) to finance better traffic lights you stick with the current choice that isn't even that bad

Better to be raped by a gust of wind than by Muslims

This is what happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=e8eK31oXK3M

america
>raped by brits
>raped by canadians
>raped by viets
>raped by terror
>raped by drugs
>raped by kenyan presidents
>raped by kinder eggs
>raped by mexicans
>raped by foreskins
>raped by light breezes

OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEE

So like what do you do for fun there? It would be so boring if you spent every day there

O O G A B O O G A

desu

Hang out with friends?

>The brit desperately attempts claim superiority
cute

so you just go to their house and play xbox or something?

out of life

tornadoes are dangerous and scary bruh your memes don't really bother anyone they're kind of dumb 2 b h

much of the danger doesn't necessary come from the wind speed but the suction effect of its spins and from the giant debris that it's throwing around at high speeds

pic related. something as flimsy as straw can be thrown around to be as penetrative as bullets. very dangerous stuff BRUH.

They are crazy. Your house could be fine, but just a yard away, your neighbor's house is flattened.

#BanAssaultStraw #LastStraw #CamelsBack