Apparently only 11% of internet users use Adblock. Who are the 89% of idiots that don't block ads?

Apparently only 11% of internet users use Adblock. Who are the 89% of idiots that don't block ads?

pagefair.com/blog/2017/adblockreport/

>Who are the 89% of idiots that don't block ads?
they are the ones subsidizing the Internet for the rest.

But who are they? Who in this day and age is so clueless they don't know what adblock is? I'm guessing third world trash and women.

Waht about grampas and chads?

Are grandpas and chads the only people retarded enough to actually click on ads?

Normies that are satisfied with stuff that just works

I have no clue. Even my tech-literate friends had no idea about ublock or anything like it.

why is so hard to realize that most out there are fucking mouthbreaters and they don't give a shit?
why do you think google and facebook are raking in the ad cash?
also don't you have older relatives? think they would have it installed if you didn't do it for them?
from what i've heard, a surprising amount of millennials fall for a lot of the shit you'd think only old fuckers would.

Go to Walmart, Target, or Costco, or the beach, or the mall, or the driver licensing office. Look around at the people around you. That's who.

Probably has something to do with the surge of phonefags from the third world. A lot of people in developing countries don't have PCs. They reach the web with mobile and it's harder to block shit that way.

By far this is the stupidest shit ever

how so?

The same Idiots that make the sites we use every day free to use
Reminder that if EVERYONE in the world used adblock then every website you visit (even "linux approved" ones) would have a paywall to enter.

And then we'd have paywall blocker instead of ad blocker.

Maybe the other 89% use other less shitty adblocks?

Ex: U-block Origin

>implying people won't figure out ways how to either share paywalls, break past paywalls, or bypass them completely.

The only threat would be if ISPs forced paywalls, but everyone knows ISPs don't give a shit about content creators/owners.

they won't bother installing even if they know about adblocks. I've even heard arguments where they go far as to say they like the ads.

At least they got this one right

I do this whenever I wanna watch JAV.

I don't know and I don't complain about them. The fewer people that use ad blockers the better, to keep anti ad blockers at bay.

Adblock sold out to the corporations.
Use Ublock: Origin.

Women or at least like 90% of them.

>implying he's wrong
You must be a youngfag who can't read the room.

There's no patreon blocker, like, if you don't pay you don't see whatever is behind. The same could be applied to any website and there won't be any plugin to save your ass.

I want paywalls. It is an infinitely better relationship than dealing with ads. Not to mention enthusiasts can just do donation drives to keep the servers up.

why is it that adblock and ublock origin still suck dick at blocking certain ads?

>go to a certain website(s) late at night
>want to blow some steam
>still get pop-ups on certain sites that take me to 'WARNING, YOUR WINDOWS NEEDS AN EMERGENCY UPDATE"
>I'm not even on fucking windows

some onclick events sneak through. Though I find this to be more of a problem on Chrome than Firefox.

Phone users, normies don't use desktop or even laptop anymore. They don't create content they only consume it.

>Who are the 89% of

The users who are using Ublock Origin,

the fuck

i thought almost everyone had adblock kek

> I don't use Ad block cus like to support the people I watch.
They are really low IQ people who think that by not using it they have done their good deed for the day. Think of those people who are "nerds" and everything they do is so "nerdy lol". If you haven't met them count your blessings.

I'm using this ublock meme since adblock isn't working for shit. Also installed it on my dad's laptop last weekend.

I usually block every element by hand, bit more time consuming but eeh, beating the system amirightguys

Mobile users. It's slightly more difficult to install adblock on a phone, so normalfags don't bother.

That laptop and phone and tablet you haven't installed it on yet

Funny thing is that bypassing those is incredibly easy with a script or extension.

people who use social media and are exposed to shills

and in turn believe said shills

Actually they're just people who don't often venture outside of their typical gauntlet of social media

Yeah, too bad it's true. Btw, you have to be 18 to post here.

Better alternatives like uBlock Origin.

This, download a normie app like spotify and listen to your ads.

I don't need adblock to browse the web.

Just vanilla firefox because I don't browse weird shit.

people like you are allowed to vote

why????

I just installed Ublock and still got ads on YouTube

my 79 yo aunt on her facebook machine

What do you browse that require adblock?

That's because you didn't install Ublock origin.

People who do not need internet to live.

I don't use adblock until i find some scummy as riddle site and turn it on.

Also that 89% is normies who don't care enough about ads one way or the other to anything about it.

the internet

>It is an infinitely better relationship than dealing with ads.

>paywall
>pay to access content

>ads
>access content for free without getting bothered by ads since they are all blocked

How is it in any way better, let alone infinitely?

>they think blocking ads will destroy the internet

YouTube is trying to evade ad blockers.

Cell phone users afraid to install ad block because you can brick your device if you root it, of which you'd have to to even install any ad block.

Reminder that apps are replacing actual websites for these people being so rampant.

t. android user

Normies.

Pretty sure there's an app for android that acts as a proxy for your connection to the internet and blocks ads this way, without needing root.

Also the problem with rooting is not bricking but loss of warranty, along with some apps refusing to work after detecting root.

No, we need a purely decentralized p2p internet. That means no server costs for hosting a website and no reason for ads or paywalls to exist.

Of course you'd have to offer some disk space to browse it.

You do realize websites are more than just web servers serving static content, right?

Firefox with uBlock Origin.
Brave.

Call me stupid all you want but I'm just too lazy to get it.

>Adblock users more likely to have bachelor’s degree than average American

is this a metric?

>Adblock usage grew 30% globally in 2016
>Mobile adblock usage grew by 108 million to reach 380 million devices
>Desktop adblock usage grew by 34 million to reach 236 million devices

these numbers do not add up btw

If they do they are mostly frontends to some real world agency like banks and shouldn't be a part of it.

I'm just talking about regular websites. No need to buy a server if everyone already has disk space available.

Sup Forums also shouldn't be a part of it then?

>these numbers do not add up btw
(380+236) / (380+236-108-34) = 1.29957805907

You, user, are a brainlet. Congratulations.

The reason Google and facebook are not bankrupt.
THE PLEB, THE SHEEPLE, THE GOY.

NEXT YOU WILL TELL ME 380+236 = 615

Not him, but that's irrelevant to the question.

Isn't there a new wave of Chads who are computer literate?

On my phones and tablet I have Firefox as it's the only browser with extensions. People still use apps for Facebook and YouTube, which are full of ads.

I have Origin, but once in a while I'll see yellow squares at the beginning of the some videos. But ads are blocked.

>11% of the internet users block ads
>this apparently kills sites and drives (((content providers))) into bankruptcy
>11 fucking percent, all people who would never click on ads anyway

I don't have an appropriate reactionimage for this.

To imagine most newspaper sites now have limits on articles. I guess it also has to do with print dying.

There's no question. There's statement. By me. The Internet we use is more than just a bunch of static files served by web servers. Literally every site people care about with exception of personal blogs can't be served by the system that the user is proposed, the distributed storage where you provide some of your hard drive capacity in order to use the network.

Opera.
Haven't seen ads in ages

>I don't have an appropriate reactionimage for this.

snowball on a slippery slope, ads already lost, the more they push the acceptable ads agenda, the bigger the network effect will be.

See adblocking is coming to Chrome shilling. When people realize they are being lied to, they will switch to alternatives faster then they throw away their Juicero. Glorious days ahead.

Reddit should have a vape

>deviantart
>not a sonic oc
ONE JOB

if you don't see any adds how the things you like on the internet will survive?

Believe me, they're far more common than you think. My family members only use that stuff because I had around 2 decades to pound good tech sense into them.

This

Level of education is a basic component of most if not all customer profiles

Also known as piracy, retard.
Imagine finding a DRM'd article from the first result of a web search.

>loss of warranty
Under EU law, the manufacturer cannot deny a replacement/repair under warranty as long as you can prove the software modification did not cause the hardware damage

>apps refusing to work
Install Magisk

iPhone Users & Botnet Babies.

>the virgin adblocker vs the chad adclicker

I don't even need to disable or leave the website, I simply zap the element in ublock or use noscript.

>as long as you can prove the software modification did not cause the hardware damage
Good luck, have fun.

>Reminder that if EVERYONE in the world used adblock then every website you visit (even "linux approved" ones) would have a paywall to enter.
SOPA was about trying to put paywalls on sites so what you said just now is moot. If there is a way for corporations to jew you out of your money then they'll try to take it.

The other 89% use ublock

A large portion is corporate computers which don't have an ad-blocker on the individual computers. However, they do have an ad-blocker within the network.

did you just unironically post that picture

No it was supposed to be an example of the kind of person I was talking about. Try and keep up.

Not freeloaders, that's for sure.

Adhell doesn't require root. It just interfaces with Samsung Knox firewall and blocks ads that way via a hosts list.

>software can damage hardware

If you've got shit hardware that can overheat

Although having the user leave the site instead of disabling the adblocker is the less desirable of the two options, it's still preferable to letting people walk all over their website consuming bandwidth and server resources while not contributing anything.

Only 11% of internet uses adblock but the ads are on by default and majority of people don't know they can block ads have no option to not receive them or think it's too hard.

Only 30% of Microsoft users minimized telemetry data retrieval on microsoft end trough settings but the truth is all the settings are on from the install and often reset back after a feature update.

You see - citzens want to be surveyed :^) - even tho for most of them it's the option it started with and had no choice to begin with but the fact that they are ok with gives more room for companies and agencies to survey even more.

go hook up your thermostat to the internet user
trust me on this

hell hook up your alarm system too while your at it

maybe even the locks on your doors too

All of these centralized business controlled services like facebook and youtube can be replaced by peer 2 peer alternatives.

Any business model that survives on advertisements can't be trusted.