Hi Sup Forums

hi Sup Forums
please can you guys tell me how to steal source code of any theme on tumblr?

Other urls found in this thread:

theme-hunter.tumblr.com/post/13827235916/theme-makers-masterlist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Right click
View source?
Done

>copying source code
If you do your theme will the same and all the posts, pictures and everything from the person’s blog

I don't think you're about to use raw HTML on tumblr. You'd copy the style, but content of your blog will be just the same.

Hey, you should atleast know the basic of web programming:
CSS, HTML.
So you can copty the style(CSS) accordingly.

it's easy as: "look for the thing you want to copy, individuate the style, copy it" but as i said, you atleast need to know what are you doing.

i'm from /p/ user, just wanted to rip a really nice photography theme.
i don't know anything you mentioned above..

>/p/
Then, probably that is not what you should do.
You see, some people consider "tumblr" for art, and people have different kind of abilities.
Now, in your case photography, why just don't focus on that? Get free themes. In my case i'm a Computer Scientist, so, to impress the ladies i would ofcourse use my "programming skills".

Another big thing is, ALMOST NEVER copy/paste a css, it's not going to reflect you, or your work.

Now, or you ask someone to do it for you, but you gotta tell them what you want.

Copy everything and follow the Tumblr theme guidelines, replacing all parts as needed. You don't have to make everything work if you only want to show image posts.

Tumblr theme framework is really just one static HTML page.

Sadly you will have to learn them. HTML and CSS is like learning how to describe images with words. It's that simple.

By the way, I post on /p/ as well but not frequently.

thank you for your response.
>Now, in your case photography, why just don't focus on that?
everyday i take tones of photos
>You see, some people consider "tumblr" for art, and people have different kind of abilities
there is a group of those cool hipster girls in my college who have large followings on tumblr, their photography is good and i capture the same stuff too. as a poor student i don't want to pay 60$ for a theme. what a fag i am lol.

What the fuck is going on in here? The guy said he's from Tumblr and got nothing but nice and informative responses..am I still on Sup Forums or did I fall into some kind of bizzaro world?

is this /wsr/ now

OP is baiting newfags

Have you even tried looking up the theme maker's website or asking the person? 99% of this shit is coded by a few people who share their code and other people just use their code. 99% of the time people leave the credits for the theme in the corner. The base themes are just /gd/'d into niceness as long as you have the basics of inspect element rgb/hex colour codes under your belt.

And before you cry, I don't want to pay $$$ for a theme do you not realise that basically every theme is free because they're all someone's hobby project? Look for masterposts like this one: theme-hunter.tumblr.com/post/13827235916/theme-makers-masterlist

Hey, i found tumblr to be actually really/fun.
I was looking to make a project, like name.me(and to get womyn), so i made a tumblr, modified the page accordingly, now i have womyn, and code.

Y-you don't really have to do that, like i said, there are a LOT OF FREE and MINIMALISTIC themes, and you can change the colors and such to your style.
And when you see those "cool" pages, with music/flashing images etc, they are not actually that good, probably unoptimized and eat all your ram.

recommend me some good tech themed tumblrs.

Uh, i don't know i made it myself.
I think there is no point in "focusin on a style" if it's not coming from you.

What do you mean by "tech"?
Tech is: IT, ELECTRONIC, even Paper is Technology. Hey, even WCs are technology!

Fuck (You)

install scrapbook

hi /p/ro
Thank you, user

ty for all of your responses, you guys are tight as fuck

You don't need to find a paid one. Just get a free one that you like and be happy with it. I have in fact made 3 themes for Tumblr. All of them are for my own personal use but one of them is out in the Theme Marketplace or whatever it is called. It's crap so I don't want to post it here. Don't worry, there are lots of good ones out there and free too.