Pay $80 for Windows 10

>Pay $80 for Windows 10
>Get adverts for Candy Crush saga in my start menu
WHHHHHYYYYY?????

>Windows 10
Tell me why would you need windows, 10 at that

Because it's Windows 10. What, were you expecting a good OS?

Because you are running an OS which is not free/adware/bloatware/spyware.

>run Windows in a virtual machine
>not bothered by nigger tier advertisements baked into my main OS

>See ad for candy crush
>Right click, Disable occasional fuckery

Wew

can you actually debotnet windows 10? i use it at work and find its actually pretty good

Blackbird

It's because they misleadingly call advertisements "suggestions" to trick people into leaving it on, turn it off and you don't get ads.

>paying for wangblows

>can you actually debotnet windows [...]
The answer is no.

shouldn't have to. Junk OS

You get the option to select whether or not you want the "suggestions" during setup, stop blindly clicking yes to everything and actually read what you're agreeing to.

It's still the default, fuck face.

>implying there's any software or OS that doesn't come with retarded defaults

Arch, Gentoo, Void, Slackware, FreeBSD, etc.

He meant good software

Anime posters deserve to suffer.

Well, I mean, Mint doesn't encrypt the boot by default, even though it IS an option, but I'm of the opinion that pretty much everything should be opt-in, not opt-out.

>paying for adware

Because you "bought" the cheapest OEM version? I haven't seen ads on anything other than some shitty notebooks with the cheapest licence available.

Ow mean i love having this fat GPU and then installing a OS with literally nothing on it great fucking option

I'll have to install a GUI myself as well don't i?

No but your hardware, CPU microcode, and most drivers/games are proprietary software so whatever.

>pay

Arch is already retarded in itself, though

>but I'm of the opinion that pretty much everything should be opt-in, not opt-out.
Thank god that you aren't in the power to make that decision. I wouldn't want to go back to 2002 when 99% of people didn't have security updates and fallen victim to exploits that were patched in 1995, then destroyed the whole network and ended up banning the whole IP range around the world.

Ah, I didn't realise I was arguing with a gamer kiddy.

I run Arch and get 60fps out of Gamecube games like 'Super Mario Sunshine', 'Paper Mario 2' and 'Animal Crossing', even on dated hardware like that of my T400. I'm sorry you fell for the "video games have to try (but fail horribly) to look like films in order to be enjoyable" meme, btw.

Paying for Windows is like paying for WinRAR

I bet you think that extension ladders should have those warning stickers telling you not to put them on frozen surfaces, too.

Maybe then only competent people would use computers. This is the future that people like you chose.

If 99% of the population is pants on head retarded, I would rather have stickers on ladders than have to pay for their treatment.

>Games are for kids hahahaha
>btw i play animal crossing and mario

Yea i can already guess who the child is

Why would you need to pay for their treatment?

I'm surprised no one mentioned Classic Shell yet.

They're for my son, you dumb cuck. You know, an actual child, the sort of person who should be playing games? Let me guess what you play:
>The Witcher 3
>Dark Souls III
>GTA V
Wow, so edgy and gritty and cinematic. You're a big boy. :^)

Because if you are network admin, YOU are the one who is going to fix the network, not them.

You are also the one that should be setting up the computers.

BYOD you dingus, you are not setting up shit.

ok

>hardware, CPU microcode, and most drivers/games are proprietary software so whatever
yeah no

It's actually TES: Oblivion, Euro Truck 2 and Sven Coop :^)

>paying $80 for Windows 10
>not buying Windows 10 key on ebay for $3

why do you do this to yourself

I think there's a balance to be had, having everything opt-in is overwhelming to the majority of users and they end up making poor choices, or complaining that they dont have x feature because they're dumb and didn't read the options. I think things like ""app suggestions"" that don't actually add anything useful for most people should be opt-in, but it does ask you during installation if you want it. If you actually read the installation prompts it's not like you have to see ads and then hunt down the setting to disable it, it's like complaining that you got a toolbar after installing a program because you just clicked yes to everything. Should it be checked by default? No, but it's not like it installs it without asking and then you have to manually uninstall it afterwards. Just read the shit that's on the screen.

>implying the lack of defaults isn't a shitty default in itself for the vast majority of people

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>implying the lack of defaults isn't a shitty default in itself for the vast majority of people
The lion does not concern itself with the opinions of the sheep.

advertising is cancer. always.

agreed, but irrelevant to the discussion

This.
/thread

>install ubuntu because it just werks
>amazon is hard wired into it

How is this a thread on Sup Forums?

Because, believe it or not, freetards like you are a VERY small minority in Sup Forums. How does that feel? Did you think you were surrounded by 1337 hacker freedom fighters?

Literally half the threads on this board are about modern CPUs and GPUs. Do you think people are running your shitty broken OS on them? Fuck me, I'm laughing IRL. How can anyone be this deluded?

>yeah no
Your hardware is closed source and has backdoors. Get over it. If you cared about privacy and security you wouldn't be using Windows anyway.

>yeah no
What did retard-kun mean by this?

>actually, unironically, buying spyware and installing it on your computer
wow you sure are gullible

Click start menu windows upload and downloading few mb of file. Even start menu is botnet

Are you slow?

id rather just pirate then paying for sketchy keys

you stupid fuck! paying for botnet! hahaha

I bet you have proprietary hardware.