My dad didn't believe me when I told him that Spanish bullfighting involves killing the bull because in American...

My dad didn't believe me when I told him that Spanish bullfighting involves killing the bull because in American bullfighting or "rodeo", they just simply wrestle the bulls. Is killing animals for sport a thing in your country? Not very common here, most likely illegal unless sanctioned like UFC fights are.

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=10b_1454864819
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are not always killed

Do you really think a bull who's been pierced like that can just go back to his regular life afterwards ? The bull dies in corrida.

The bull never goes back.
If it's not killed in the arena, it's killed later in the same day and eaten.

I don't need to believe it
Some are healed up and returned

We have the "Course landaise" in France, but you don't kill the bull, you just jump over them

American rodeo is a much better sport than bullfighting.

>inb4 angry spaniards

Same here, the performers are called recortadores.

You're thinking of encierros, where people run around or infront of the bull. In a corrida the bull dies (afaik).
Funfact: if it kills the bullfighter the whole bulls family is killed.

You're both wrong. The bull can heal and be spared if he's brave enough, then he doesn't fight anymore and is used to breed the next generation of bulls.

Which sport uses the red cloth?

they also spear it from a horse, which is cruel, but also bretty fucking cool tbhwy
like in my video games killing monsters

I've heard of bull fights where the spear only goes in a certain depth so it doesn't puncture any internal organs and then the bull is treated afterward but never participates in a fight again. Not sure how true it is though.

Well, that's because many people don't actually know that bullfighting bulls are later eaten.
A very small percentage of them is actually spared.

This shit is super cool

>cool
>a coward spearing a bull from a horse
No, mang...

This makes no sense because I thought when animals were killed for food, they are led through a tunnel so that they don't see their imminent death? Because I thought an angry animal doesn't taste as good? I don't know the reason behind it, but that's what I heard. Also, when we go hunting here, most people use bullets that do the least damage to the meat. It seems like shoving spears through a bull would do a lot of damage to the meat.

According to wikipedia a XIX bull got stuck with 43 sticks (like those that hang from him in the OP)!
Another one killed 21 horses! don't underestimate bulls

I don't know how it tastes, but I've heard it's very good meat; I can at least confirm it's incredibly expensive.
It does make sense because regardless of you seeing this as a morally correct or incorrect thing to do, killing an animal to not eat it is an awful waste.
The meat doesn't get damaged, because the only part of the body getting stabbed is the "lomo", the rest is untouched.

it is tho
battle of the nations is 100% gay in comparison

You don't throw away good meat bro,plus being meat from a Toro bravo gives it certain mystic, the beef of bull is hard and gamey, but quite good, specially in stews. Even the testicles or the penis are eaten be a few, tough I don't know anyone than does it I seen recipes.

We have a slightly different tradition here. Besides the matador, we do these (I think some Spanish do as well), called Forcados.

A bunch (like 7 or 8) guys in a row, a pivot calls the bull to charge, and they capture it. The most interesting part is that they aren't professionals or anything, they just do it a couple of times and then it's time for the next guys.

Fun to watch.

>Being so buttblasted about an animal defeating its killer that they have to kill it + the family
Do you also try to humilliate them before they're killed?

I'm pretty sure the money they make from the event makes up for the lost bull. They could feed it to other animals at least. I hate bull and bison meat so I wouldn't eat it anyway.

This is a very old tradition, there was no reason to throw away meat in old times.
Also, they don't get that much money, bullfighting has been dying a slow and painful death.

They don't want bulls killing people, so they kill off the bulls capable of killing people.

What's wrong with that?

Fuck bulls anyway, they can't do anything useful so you might as well put on a show

I like them, the Spanish toro bravo is one of the most primitive bulls out there, they are like ancient Aurochs in a mini package.

>Spain

Sounds Swedish

we also have spanish corrida

mexico has bullfighting too , man , is not only fucking spain.

USA has the fucking Cowboys in Texas a other southern states

Dogfights and cockfights

Except the bull is from somalia and the cows are Swedish.

Ass pain*
FTFY

When the bull wins does he get any kind of reward?

See:

sometimes, if the bull proves to be extremely good, it can be spared

it rarely happens though, and killing the bullfighter is not a guarantee of being spared

>killing the bullfighter is not a guarantee of being spared

It really should be.

I agree, It would make the sport more metal. I would love to see armored toreros fighting one to one with a bull too.

Wasnt a torero pierced through the heart some days ago? Made me feel a little more respect for the sport.

>drag a bull to arena to fight a retard doing retarded "culture" thing trying to kill it
>even if the bull wins it and its family all die anyway
Spain is cartoonishly evil

Who? Victor Barrio?

Yeah, just read it up. Butthurt reaction of killing the bulls whole family.

the exactly moment

Bunch of savages.
To think a majority of people here want them gone but they weren't prohibited because muh moneys.

rednecks love that like spain or not?

Rednecks love anything that involves going out with friends to do something and get wasted.
At least according to law they can't use our tax money to do this shit, so it's up to private investors to finance everything.
This is supposed to eventually end the bullfighting in little towns because those were fully financed with public funds, and i think with time it will end in the cities too because a majority of people there are against it.

Who cares lad, Spaniards dont like rodeo, only rednecks love that

Wow bullfighting was invented when spanish empire, many countries in america have rodeos and corridas and even USA Lol,

Why does everyone here assume we give a fuck about bullfighting, we're not all Andalusians.

You can't fool me, I watched that King of the Hill episode.
Rodeos an embarrassment to everyone involved.

We don't harm the bulls in rodeos.

>USA has the fucking Cowboys in Texas a other southern states
Do you know what a cowboy is?

Is like a torero

a fat american redneck doing the idiot up a bull

It's from the middle ages m8

It's horrible.

Who can justify this kind of shit?

liveleak.com/view?i=10b_1454864819

That's neither Spain nor a corrida.

>Is killing animals for sport a thing in your country?

Yes. Hunting is very popular in Canada.

It's not a sport, more like a ritual.

People who defend this thing like to quote hemingway, but the bullfighters he wrote about took much more risks and died quite often.

Nowadays it's much safer for the bullfighter, which is pretty shitty in my opinion. Let the animal have more of a chance at least.

>Funfact: if it kills the bullfighter the whole bulls family is killed.

what did he mean by this?
I like bullfighting, I've seen it in Mexico a couple times and live in Arizona which has a pretty big rodeo culture

He gets to fuck all the cows

I don't really get the problem with bullfighting.
The bull gets a chance to fight for his life, rather than be slaughtered shortly after birth or castrated and eventually slaughtered.
That's what happens to most male bovines. They can't all be studs.
Bulls were made for this kind of shit too.

Well my grandpa for example he has sombreros and shoes like that when he visited mexico.

He loves bullfighting n shieet

This

>pretty fucking cool
The only parts I find cool is where the bull kills the guy. That's pretty fucking cool.

Mexican pointy boots are the pinnacle of mexican culture

>giving a thumbs up

What are they for?

dancing

>They're literally called "Matadors" Spanish for "Killer"
Guess Canada isn't as "multi-cultural" and "diverse" as I thought