IPod thread

>iPod thread
Zune users also welcome if you aren't extinct

What you using, how's it holding up?

My nano 5g still persists, was sad to learn of the death of the shuffle and nano recently, but wasn't a fan of the new editions anyways.

If only they made the old USB pen drive shuffle but in massive storage options it would be perfect for work.

what are some good iPods under $30? not in a good place right now as you can see.

A lot of people got gifted shuffles and barely used them, I would try to find one of those for cheap.

Thanks user. Didnt want to go the chinkshit route... $5 seemed way too low for an MP3 player.

and shalingers allowed

its not gifted ipod shuffles... they paid full price, lost the tiny dongle which is the only way to sync/charge it and sold it...and use there phone now

>over 9000 people i know....
>sign of the donglepocalypse no one heeded

3rd generation iPod, still works fine having replaced the battery and switched to Rockbox. I think I've eventually gotten my money's worth out of it.

Another great case for the USB pendrive style shuffle. Couldn't lose the shitty little cable because it was a fucking flash drive with the USB built in.

Also the thing I love about having an old nano. These fucking cables are EVERYWHERE, everyone knew about and had a generic "iPod cable" and they're all still lying around.

Is 3rd gen with the four touch sensitive buttons? I remember staring at that thing on Apple website and thinking how crazy expensive it was.

I've got a 4th gen iPod Classic

Is it worth getting a pata HDD and a battery for these? Kinda wanna spiff it up and Rockbox it.

Yeah, along the middle not around the ring. I bought it a couple months after release.

Always worth it. Batteries are cheap and you or someone on your behalf paid a lot for it already.

It was gonna be scrapped. Tbh don't even know if the thing works. Just thought it'd be cool to have a media player with like, stupid capacity.

I wouldn't say it's cool, at least not in my experience, but if you listen to music then it does its job just as well as day one.

wish I had a new 5th/5.5 gen ipod classic, those were the best

Kanye West Graduation bitches¡!!!!!!!!

If I had a classic I'd go for it.

>friends using shitty low quality streaming services full of normie music, struggle when they can't get signal
>you roll up with a lifetimes worth of high quality locally stored music

I know there are advantages to streaming services but local storage just feels comfy.

I was going to upgrade to one from my nano but then they stopped making them and the price skyrocketed.

My friend still has one he brings everywhere and I'm jealous.

yeah, takes a miracle to find one being sold. People know to keep a gem when they hear one

>have iPod classic
>haven't used it in years
>wish I'd gotten a Zune instead

Wondering whether to start putting all my music on my phone.
That iPod is the only Apple product I've ever owned and it will stay that way.

Just waiting for a cable then I'm upgrading an iPod Mini to 64GB

My iPod mini died years ago, battery meter would rapidly deplete to 0 even after a full charge. I tried changing the battery and all kinds of resets but nothing worked.

>7

anyone want my ipod 5g video ? the sound quality doesnt do it for me any more and i just use it a 2007 time capsule novelty that wears out quick...

Using a refurbished Zune HD since they weren't released in Germany together with the AV Dock it's hockey up to an amp

What is this

I have this chink ipod copy, and I like it. Can delete music in 3 button pushes, with reflexes by now. The sound is good, and the battery life is excellent

I had an ipod shuffle but I threw it out because you need itunes to put music on it

I got tinnitus a year later so I ain't missing it

Seconding
The right one looks like some kind of audiophile autismo shit with a slightly crappier build quality...
Also
>touchscreen on an audio player
Reee

I just bought this one use like 3 days ago off CL. Fucking love it. Put Rockbox on it and it's like a dream player. Why they don't make them like this is beyond me

>what is iPod plug-in for any popular media player

Are you dumb?

shanling m1 + xduoo x2

Linux and mint has pretty good old iPod support my man.

Shit I just use another music player app app (canopener) on my 6s and just drag and drop flac directly into it from Nemo and it works great... Been doing it that way for years since my iPhone 4 jail broken with Ifile.

Accidentally ran over my iPod Nano 5G with a car. It's a bit bend. Display only shows a white screen. But it still works. A bit of a hassle to use now, though. But I know how to navigate to and between playlists.

HAHAHAAHA whaat ?

move on user move on

i have a zishan Z@ that can do freaking dsd and i got it for 40 dollarydoos

How is iPod nao 6th gen for use in 2017, friendos? I think its cute and will look good on my EDC.

got a nano 5g recently (a few scratches on the back, but otherwise fine)
was looking into replacing the OS, only to find no one bothered to devel one (because of encryption?)

now I resorted to making a script that transcodes, copies and renames the files so that the iPod can read it.
but seriously, why does Apple have to make everything so complicated

What's a good PMP that has tactile controls and a non chink UI? The Fiio X1/X3 looked good with the click wheel, but the interface looks unintuitive as fuck.
Ideally, something on par with Zune and iPod would be nice.