youtube.com/watch?v=vaXNdVTGT0k
youtube.com/watch?v=_vDOrUU4CBo
youtube.com/watch?v=9GQB6DJVBfY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_tango
twitter.com/todonoticias/status/752196654598541312
youtube.com/watch?v=vyk92EHo40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer_Tango

>The Queer tango movement which revives the origins of tango as a same-sex couple dance is very recent. It was founded in Germany, in Hamburg, where in 2001 the first gay-lesbian milonga was organized.

abandon ship, germans took over tango

>tfw hot south american guy will never dance with me

I don't dislike it 2bh, but this isn't tango...

Argentina mentionings :DDD

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JCkCpgvpvB8

WTF Tango it's over!

That's because it'sa variation of tango called Finnish tango. Piazzolla would love it

>finnish tango
sounds more like spanish pop, you barely can heard anything of tango, at least in that song

youtube.com/watch?v=UDdVkhZtkDI

would you call this tango?

yeah, a modern tango

>Tango
>No one EVER mentions Uruguay

The thing is, we argentine were the ones who called everything 'tango'

This is known as tango, but it's barely tango if you think about it
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FYMsFvDT0

at least compared to this

youtube.com/watch?v=52CulNevUxc

>>>/youtube comments/

you can hate us there

>>No one EVER mentions Uruguay

Don't worry, your compatriots keep on spewing shit on every single youtube video about how us devilish argentines stole tango from you

They are doing God's work, we should set up some paid shills to do it 24/7.

Reminder that Gardel and La Cumparsita are uruguayan.

youtube.com/watch?v=W8Ud0PS0H_k

They're greasy and short eww

HEY FUCK YOU SUDACAS!

This was supposed to be a thread for bonding.

I'm not a Tango enthuasist myself but how does this typical Finnish is different from typical Argentinian Tango?

>tanGo
>nO oNe EVEr meNTioNs URUgUAy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

link youtube.com/watch?v=DLF8ro3ROPI

i tough i was the only argie who likes this show

So what's the difference between Finnish and Argentinian Tango?

0:11-0:44;1:36-1:50 etc sound a bit off, it reminds me of a genre whose name I can't remember right now

It's not bad though, diversity is good in tango. Old vanguardia tango is dead and even tango monsters like Piazzolla said so, repeating Por Una Cabeza over and over again was the thing that killed tango; the lack of innovation

youtube.com/watch?v=vaXNdVTGT0k

You sound like my music teacher.

youtube.com/watch?v=_vDOrUU4CBo

What's your opinion on Bajofondo?

Tango is literally African Argentine. Not even kidding

Sounds like something you'd hear in a Barcelona club in 2003.

It's a regular funky song with a subtle bandonneon added in the background, had they managed to blend tango in it a little more it would have been a great mix.

A nice song to listen to, but not a great mix of genres.

It's pretty popular in Finland though. And I can assure you won't a single black or young person from the annual Finnish Tango festival.

I don't understand how tango got so popular there. I mean, not only you like the genre, but you added so much and put so much into it compared to your surrounding countries.

Yes, but only in its very initial parts apparently.

Besides that it was clearly done by european immigrants considering the violins and the bandoneón.

youtube.com/watch?v=9GQB6DJVBfY

Sometimes they do a better job blending the electro stuff with the tango.

>There are numbers of theories about the origin of the word "tango". One of the more popular in recent years has been that it came from the Niger–Congo languages of Africa.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_tango

twitter.com/todonoticias/status/752196654598541312

Chilean army playing Piazzolla's Adios Nonino :3

What do mean, Jorge?

Only neighbour who seems to be interested is Uruguay.

Hello Finland. What are some of your national dances and other traditions? I am quite eager to know more about them, thanks.

are you buttmad cause we are appropriating your culture, Mbembe Muapetumba?

Finno-Argentine commonwealth when?

Yeah I'm often a borefest of a person to talk to

Wow, don't worry mate. It was actually very interesting, probably the most I've learned from Sup Forums-message since ever.

I unironically like this, saved

It has always amazed me how Finland, a country that is characterized as socially cold, seems to be so fond of tango, which is full of seduction and sexual innuendo.

It's like 5 am in Finland

post rare 'tangos' while they aren't here

youtube.com/watch?v=vyk92EHo40s

Thanks for this thread, needed some good music for this night