twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no but good luck getting a high paying job

t. 40k/year autodidact dev

>read job application
>"sir please hire me i am no education but i am self taught"

> a degree is necessary in the IT field
Will be harder to immigrate without it.

French people eat frogs?

most places really don't care. even the very tippy-top paying jobs where i live ask for cs degree or equivalent experience

it hasn't been an issue for me at all

Are you the guy being mentored at an indie game shop?

Frogs' legs, yes.

To appropriate their secret powers

In France, Spain and parts of Latin America yes.

>He believes a degree is necessary in the IT field

Fucking retard.

Its not (me), its every other dipshit company. They want certificates because they think thats the only way to certify if someone is competent.

Also, there are certain laws in my copuntry which require certificates for certain jobs. Like being certified for electrical data cables. What (I) believe is irrelevant.

>Chinese people eat dogs
Woah

CUISSES DE GRENOUILLE :DDDDDDD

>They want certificates because they think thats the only way to certify if someone is competent.
No, they want certificate to prove that you aren't lazy enough to not get easy as fuck CS degree.

if he has an app he made or some indie game I dont think they would want him to have a degree

Frog legs are delicious, nigga.

yeah I guess I'm talking out of my ass. only been working for 3 years and I make about as much as my college-educated friends made starting out. maybe "equivalent experience" actually means something.

nope. .NET code monkey for a distribution company. it's a comfy job as evidenced by the fact that I'm on Sup Forums at 10 am.

>going tens of thousands of dollars in debt so you can prove you're not lazy
america, everyone

I have access to free education.
Well, it's not really free, I have to pay 30€ every year.

then I guess that's fair

I personally wouldn't want to spend 3 years making zero money and end up in the exact same place as if I'd just worked but I understand not everybody has the same luck I do

Oui bravo

>only been working for 3 years and I make about as much as my college-educated friends made starting out.
so what did you do in the 4 year interim

I guess it depends on the field. You can see a lot of non graduated people in IT services companies, but I never saw one in high level shit like video coding, deep IA...

i'm about to interview for a entry level Network Admin/IT job with no education - any tips? i'm a little nervous although i know a decent amount

You don't need them, they need you

thanks user! if this thread is still around ill post results, its at 10 am pst

>IT

NEET life

spent a great deal of that learning though

Should I drop out of school and spend my browsing Sup Forums instead?

All you really need is a github page with several Hello world programs in different languages.

frog legs taste like chicken when cooked right believe it or not

Do Haskell jobs exist? How do I get one?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zl3JNvpYSzw

the fuck I read that as "children"

This, unless your job is programming, which I'd hardly call IT in the first place, employers are going to care far more about previous work experience in the field.

>Mother took her PC to some "computer repair technicians" garage
>It returned with non-activated Windows 10, guy charged her $450 to basically reinstall windows after ransomware encrypted it all
>I decide to go to the place and investigate
>It's some pajeet
>" I am of the full certifications sir, I am fully certified for PC Windows Repair Jobs"
>What are your qualifications?
>"I am fully PC Windows Repair Certified, I study long in university for this! I have worked with the Microsofts for 13 years!"

you're right OP, you don't need anything. in my experience 90% of the people proclaiming to have any qualifications are lying their ass off

(you're replying to me) yeah but even more than that; i'm a programmer. it really hasn't been an issue

in all seriousness, if you had had a programming job for 4 years while your friends were in uni, you'd be pulling in a lot more than them in graduate jobs unless they went straight into the big jobs for google etc., and if you couldn't get into one of those companies with 4y experience in the field then that's more on your ability than your experiene

Good luck!!

The only person I know who makes as much as my degree wielding dad is my uncle, who only makes that much because he owns his own company.

If you want to make money working for someone, you need a degree

You need one to get a job

How do you get that job with no experience or degree? You start in a shit job and end up in the same position as them at the same time.

Honestly, it's worth it to say I have a degree, and I'm only paying 12k instead of the 27k English students pay for 3 years tuition because I'm from Wales, so fuck it if the government's paying

Your uncle sounds based, what is his company doing?

>Spain
Maybe 40 years ago, yes.

I need an answer.

so, you're saying worst case scenario you come out 30k ahead?

As someone without any sort of degrees or certs or anything I'm happy to be working for 16 bucks an hour full time in IT. I'm a simple man and it's all I need

It is nowadays bub. It's not the 80s anymore

So do people in USA. Shit, Florida eats gator.

>Edward Snowden dropped out of high school.

is this goose ok?

>Bill Gates dropped out of school
>Steve Jobs dropped out of school
>John Carmack dropped out of school
>Zuckerberg dropped out of school
>Michael Dell dropped out of school
>Keanu Reeves dropped out of school

Only 40k?

OP here

I'm actually over 100k a year

Never finished college
Was kicked out of high school and came back years later to get my diploma
Also, did I mention I dropped out of college to pursue this field and learned everything on my own before getting a job in this field...

>Stay butt hurt, hard work trumps all else and your paper degree just means you spent a long time studying in some college

>things that really happened, I swear on me mum

Post what you do and your COL

>be me having worked at call center for 9 months
>get interviewed for IT position literally 1 hour ago
>minutes before interview a coworker tells me the company has been fraudulently changing clock in clock out times and she is suing AND ALSO I get written up for a quality assurance issue lmao (are they fucking with my head??)
>Started off interview strong saying I know how to fix PC's, set up networks
>he asks something specific I say Im not quite sure but I can find the answer within 5 minutes online
>gets a little spaghetti when he asks me about certain routers and I say oh I haven't worked with those but I have worked with other routers
>asks about disaster planning and what would need to be done, greatanswers.pdf
>give an example of a flow chart I made a while back to clarify the script
>he seemed to be impressed with that although my explanations were a little spaghetti
>6 other well educated applicants, but I have experience working here and cited specific software we use
>They will "Let me know"
> I really have no idea lads

I fell for the Comp Sci degree meme. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I regret it every single day.

regionally that's actually not too bad

if only I could go back in time and live out this fantasy of yours

i have experience in java program
give job Sir
also show bob and bajena

Most places want a degree or equivalent experience. One costs you tens of thousands, the other pays you tens of thousands. University for IT is a fucking terrible value proposition

This.

Code monkies just gonna chimp out about their mediocre and marginal lower middle class existence.

I'm not going to discuss what I do or where I live

The thing is, I'm living an incredible life and I am completing projects left and right and have recently been told I'm going to be picking up a total of 4 clients this year. That means more work, that means, more advancement in this field and much more recognition in this company. I feel like I am walking on water right now

Also, yes I do not have a degree and I do quite well for myself

The best part of all of this is I am actually planning to study for more certifications and this will bring ANOTHER competitive edge in this field

Thanks for listening Sup Forums

Drinks are on me senpai, have a good one and enjoy your work...

Based french and chinks BTFO animal rights faggots like PETA

Done, and making only 3k a year less than you. Also just got a raise last week.

*she

3K dollars a month?

Consider yourself lucky, I make a third of that minus discounts, and I have a technicians degree.