Be me

>be me
>Brit in America (Texas) travelling with mates
>everytime we speak people look at us like we're gods
>hear girls say I 'omg his accent' when ordering dinner
>focus of attention and discussions at the local bar, have a great time with locals
>girls trying to persuade us to go out with them later

Anyone else had any experiences like this? I'm loving it here right now.

Where in Texas friend?

I keep telling british people to just come to america but they all think it's a trap

Nah, I went to Europe and no one cared or liked me. Good thing I was with my buddy, we got drunk all the time and had a blast.

Brits did this to me when I went. I thought Euros hated Texas

how bout me and you go to england and see if the accent thing works both ways. you down?

Gotta be Austin.

Austin doesnt have much besides 6th Street. Bars, hipsters and homeless everywhere.

>have neutral australian accent
>not bogan or steve irwin
>people mildly disappointed when i speak and don't sound like a caricature

I'm staying in Dallas at the moment.

Why are you in Dallas

The accent thing only works if you actually have one that's distinct and doesn't sound like shit.

Which narrows it down to the Southeast (expect to be asked if you're from Texas, even if you're not) or New England (excluding New Jersey).

Yeah - I had to persuade my mates to come. They didn't want to come initially, but they agreed after a while. It's been great though.

Ill see you in a few

Why would you come to Texas of all places

Sure sounds good man, doubt it'll work unless you have a southern accent or something.

Just travelling. Some guy we met in Florida recommended it so we decided to check it out. We've got like 2 months in the states so we can see a lot,

Got the celeb treatment in Guangdong. People taking pictures, selfies, girls adding my wechat, etc

Where all have you been? How are you liking Texas so far?

One of the few things I like about the US is our general xenophilia and receptiveness. It's heartwarming to hear these positive stories.

2 months damn, yall must be rich

We stayed in New York and New Jersey for a week, then went down to Florida for two weeks. Now we're in Texas. No one really cared about the accents in NY, but since coming down south it feels like everyone treats you amazingly. People down here are really decent and there a lot of things to do. Unfortunately I can't see all of Texas but it's still my favourite state.

>but since coming down south it feels like everyone treats you amazingly. People down here are really decent and there a lot of things to do.
I'm glad that Euro tourists never have to meet our scum.

>Unfortunately I can't see all of Texas but it's still my favourite state.
Wtf I love Britain now

Nice. I've heard generally that Chinese get excited when westerners go there. They especially go crazy when black people go there. I'm thinking about going to the Philippians for a week, and I'm assuming I'll have a similar experience to you.

Strongly considering moving here later on in life. Pretty much everyone I've met is incredibly kind and welcoming to me.

>Strongly considering moving here later on in life.
You would definitely be welcome here. Americans of all stripes love the Brits

I'm in colorado now but no one seems to take much notice of me.

Family is pretty well off. I'm on a gap year so I just worked normally for half the year, saved up as much money as possible and now I'm travelling for the other half. Parents then give some give some money.

Cheers bro :). I mean the hospitality here is amazing - One of the guys I met even offered me a weekend at his ranch. People here are ridiculously kind and it's certainly a place I'd love to live in.

What part of Colorado you in lad, and where In the U.K. Are you from?

Glad you're enjoying it here m8

Any idea where you're going to visit next?

Probably going to stay another few weeks in Texas, checking out the different areas. Then we'll spend a week in Vegas before going to California. Not sure after that.

SoCal has a disproportionate amount of cunts

Same with girls

This decently attractive girl caught my eye, passed by me and then started speaking in a British accent

Had a hard time hiding my boner if you know what I'm saying lads

Haha, I know. People here keep telling me to not go to Cali because the people are twats. I only really want to see it for the tourist spots and the beaches.

Your existence is meaningless.

Oi oi, watch it mate. I'm thinking about a little visit Toronto soon - anywhere else in Canada you would recommend lad?

yes when i tell people i 'm from Brazil everyone tries to be my friend.

>People here keep telling me to not go to Cali because the people are twats.
Go there, just be forewarned

A lot of the tourist destinations are great though. NorCal is pretty great too if you're into that sort of thing

I usually get compliments for my deep voice or sounding like the nazi god of death but not so much for the accent.

Wanna be friends?

what part of britain are you from

why not?

Most Americans don't have enough money (or paid vacation days for that matter) to be able to visit another country. That's why they are so excited when they meet foreigners. It's their version of travelling to another country.

Cambridge

Nice, what part of BR are you in?

>or paid vacation days for that matter
This meme needs to end. The people that don't have paid vacation are the people that are too cucked to ask for it

Cheers for the advice bro :)

On the capital. Middle of the country.

Montreal and Toronto are a must.
Ottawa and Quebec are pretty nice too.
Doubt you wanna go all the way to the west but after Toronto and Mtl Vancouver is our biggest city, never been though.

You sound like you'd make a good friend.

pls visit northern lido key beach in sarasota florida
we need your tourism shekels

You're canadian your stereotype is literally about being friendly

>and yet they act like autistic cunts online

Yeah kinda
>go to south america for vacation
>chicks dig my light coloured skin
>constantly stare and smile get ez dates and phone numbers

Might add im quarter black

only the Sup Forums one lad.
remember, when on Sup Forums, you're living a distortion of the reality

>Might add im quarter black
This board is for whites only

>be canadian
>expect everyone to drool over me like op
>move to minnesota
>no one notices i'm canadian

are you falseflagging

What country did you go to?

Has anyone asked you whether you're English or Australian yet?

>Some guy we met in Florida recommended it
You got memed

thanks to brits actors.

How much money do you have/ is it costing you?

i get the same but with British slags.

Then i came home and faced the same indifference as before.

I'm going on a long trip to America soon, I hope this is true

it is
t. lived in texas as a kid

There is no difference between Minnesota and Canada

Yeah pretty much the same thing happened when i went there last year.

The problem with CA is all the interesting stuff to see (apart from yosemite) is in the south, and all the decent people are in the north.

So unless you are wanting to see the worlds biggest trees, you are just going to run into a bunch of undesirables

>tfw I went to San Francisco and saw those trees

shut up nerd

>It's their version of traveling to another country.

This is true ;_;

Chicago and New York are worth a visit.

Everyone is so friendly ITT :3 *w*

Visited NY, haven't seen Chicago yet though. Cheers for the heads up.

I've got about £20k for half a year travelling

>Anyone else had any experiences like this? I'm loving it here right now.

Yeah it is weird.
>Go to foriegn country
>Everyone gives me dirty looks
>Approach someone to ask question or buy something
>They look at me like sewage
>Speak
>Their face changes from disgust to delight in a miloseond
>AH IRISH, I LOVE IRISH I GIVE YOU GOOD DEAL
>You like this country? You are very welcome!

I got this reaction a lot in France.
I must look American or something but as soon as they hear I am from Ireland it is like I am the second coming of Christ.

Kek. They probably thought you were British or American. I've actually met some nice lads from Cork over in the US on holiday while in Florida - Had a great time. Everyone was confused because they thought Brits and Irish people hated each other too much to have a beer together.

Brits and Irish people weirdly get on together, as soon as Ireland got the republic we were like ok lets be friends and put the past behind us.
It is the North that is still problematic, my brother was working up there but he had to come home because of the 12th.

Yeah - Northern Ireland is problematic. I rented a car in the republic a few years ago and drove around NI and the republic. When I was in NI people started giving me dirty looks and even got shouted at because it was a Republic licence plate. But yeah, for the most part Brits and Irish get on well. I was in Australia for the lions tour in 2013 and had a great time with the Irish lads over there.

You're lucky you only got shouted at, I have heard stories of republican cars getting burnt out and their drivers getting stabbed.
Orange crew are a bunch of scumbags.

>go to poland with class
>polacks make barking sounds at us

Fucking nazis didn't finish the job

Kek, I actually met a German girl on a bike tour in NYC - it got awkward when she told me she was from Dresden though.