Is Linux a virus that corrupts your hard drive? Because a computer repairman told me it was

Is Linux a virus that corrupts your hard drive? Because a computer repairman told me it was.

It corrupts your sanity and makes you a freetard. Just stick with Windows.

Computer repair man told me too that Windows 7 don't need updates because windows 7 have strongest security in history.

All these ransomware stories are made by Linux shill to convert people from Windows;

This shit wasn't funny even the first time

It actually happened though. The man really hates Linux and practically freaked out when I said I tried to install it.

yes, it fucks up NTFS partitions

This. Clearly whatever "repairman" this is, he forgot there is more than one file system.

>implying there is

is this new screenfetch thread

./+o+-
yyyyy- -yyyyyy+ OS: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
://+//////-yyyyyyo Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.4.0-43-Microsoft
.++ .:/++++++/-.+sss/` Uptime: 1h 20m
.:++o: /++++++++/:--:/- Packages: 444
o:+o+:++.`..```.-/oo+++++/ Shell: sudo screenfetch
.:+o:+o/. `+sssoo+/ CPU: Intel Xeon CPU X5470 @ 4GHz
.++/+:+oo+o:` /sssooo. RAM: 6572MiB / 12286MiB
/+++//+:`oo+o /::--:.
\+/+o+++`o++o ++////.
.++.o+++oo+:` /dddhhh.
.+.o+oo:. `oddhhhh+
\+.++o+o``-````.:ohdhhhhh+
`:o+++ `ohhhhhhhhyo++os:
.o:`.syhhhhhhh/.oo++o`
/osyyyyyyo++ooo+++/
````` +oo+++o\:
`oo++.

>when I said I tried to install it.
So are you saying you tried to install linux, then had to call a computer repairman

Not only did it fail, it broke the Windows Boot Manager so I couldn't boot into any operating system.

(You)

Was this repair man Indian, by any chance?

II know he's foreign, not exactly sure which country he's from though. I don't think it's India.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux virus, is in fact, GNU/Linux virus, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux virus. Linux is not a virus unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU virus system made useful by the GNU virus corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full virus as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU virus system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU virus which is widely used today is often called “Linux virus”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU virus system, developed by the GNU virus Project. There really is a Linux virus, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the virus system they use.

Couldn't you have just used recovery mode? Why would you have to call a repairman

sure m8 i believe ya

>be me
>work at repair shop
>overworked, tired, just want to go home
>lanktier virgin walks in 15 minutes before close
>sets laptop on the counter
>dumbass fucked his boot trying to install ubuntu
>4th time this week
>load up a copy of boot repair
>fix it in 5 minutes
>probably too much of a brainlet to actually install it properly
>tell him it's a virus that corrupts the hard drive
>don't really care at this point, just want him to leave and never come back
>he nods in agreement and mumbles something along the lines of "y-y-yeah, I knew t-that"
>couldn't really hear
>charge him 4x what I normally charge everyone else
>tell him it's a service fee due to limited amounts of "boot repair" in stock
>pays the fee and tips me 15%
>give him a cold stare
>"s-sorry, let me check my bag for some e-extra c-change..."
>tips me 20%
>smile and pretend to be friendly as he leaves the store
>call 911
>tell them there's been a robbery
>mfw I no longer have to deal with this retard ever again

Should I install Windows 10? What is the learning curve if I been using Linux for a decade?

I tried recovery media and they didn't work, it said there were 0 Windows installations. If what the repairman said about the hard drive being corrupted was true, then the Windows installation I had would have been wiped clean.

>insert install disk
>repair computer
>command prompt
>bootrec /fixboot
>bootrec /fixmbr

Wow so hard

No, NTFS is a Windows exclusive malware

Nah, if you would stick around with Linux you'd know that it can't do shit.