What would it take to convince you to purchase a smart watch?

What would it take to convince you to purchase a smart watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFo1S8tsaw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

absolutely nothing

why would i buy an overpriced gimmicky wrist phone when i already have one that does the job?

Timekeeping features
Ironically everybody ignores this part when developing one

If I could walk in my city without risking some ese stealing my shoes I would think of getting anything worth >100usd

where the hell do you live, East St. Louis?

When they're thinner and battery lasts 1 month.

if it didn't need to be recharged, have its batteries replaced, and I had a wirelessly controllable insulin pump. I'm not diabetic.

for it to be the size of a f91w and eink and good battery

Guadalajara, Mex

i do have one. fire sale got me to buy one.
rip in piss pebble

3.5mm audio jack, a battery that lasts for a week minimum and being able of removing googlel botnet services.

a gyro camera
directional mic
accurate heart monitor

i want a spy watch basically

Battery life of 1 month

I'd probably get one for shits and gigs if they were about $30 tops.

A smart person. In other words nothing.

I'd have to be able to install gentoo on it

Give me battery life that lasts for at least one month. And maybe a holographic laser-projected screen.
Underrated.

wristbands are superior

a standalone one that doesn't need a phone

I already bought one a few years ago. I like it.

>pass user
>buying useless things
checks out

Hey have this free watch!

>What would it take to convince you to purchase a smart watch?
A purpose for them.

Honestly I just ditched my Asus zenwatch 2 for a pebble 2 and it was an amazing decision. Week long battery life and no jewgle bloatware all in a small package is great. Just get a different watchband and you won't feel like a child. Especially since now everyone looks like an autist with all the fitbits around.

More than 24 hours on battery and GPS navigation without needing the phone present.

Make one that doesn't blow up when I'm welding with HF Start on.

>1 week battery life

>USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
(((they))) are watching user

root access out of the box.

>Looks like a watch and not a techno gimmick
>battery life that lasts a week like my kindle
>functional software and UI
>replaceable wristband
>water resistance so I don't fuck the watch by forgetting I'm wearing it - way more important than water resistance on a phone since a phone isn't wrapped around your body and comes off with your clothing while a watch doesn't and is easy to completely forget about
>sensors for altitude, air pressure, humidity, air temperature, body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, magnetic fields, etc.
>I cannot understate needing a week-long battery life; current smartwatches are 100% useless for anything that involves being in the outdoors

Completely customizable watch faces
Better battery life
Better low end devices
Better looking devices
Better performing devices

if it was useful enough to make me feel it was worth the money. but i can't imagine a usecase that makes it pay for itself

Durability and battery life

Pebble

Price drop and better batery life

Less than 100 USD and more than a week of battery.

a oratucal usw that a normal watch could not do

>wrist fedora

>I'm not diabetic
Why then

Enjoy your wrist cancer, it's the hip new thing to go with your hip cancer.

unlocked bootloader
adb or ssh via usb

shipped with android GO (oreo minimal)

>what would it take ?
predator mode desu

i didnt like the apple watch but i gave a roomates samsung gear fit2 a go and ended up buying one second hand very very cheap... it doesnt seem to be too well known on Sup Forums but they finally got it right

- slim design
- ip68 waterproof.. i shower with it
- gorgeous oled
- last for days
- works great with my iphone
- sleep tracking is very useful
- cycle computer is great (i cycle alot)
- stand alone music bt music player 4gb
-make your own watch faces
-cheap cheap cheap second hand... its perfect

Some seriously tight teenage pussy

Wanted to get the huawei watch in Canada, it's double the US price, fuck that

It being under 50$ and having a SIM slot being able to keep an active hotspot for at least 7 days before having to recharge. I don't use watches so that would be the only feature I need.

When they can do something that isn't a redundant gimmick tethered to a smartphone

Absolutely zero reason to own one besides being a snowflake

Pebble doesn't exist anymore

open source hardware, no os, and a language interpreter.
programmable via mounting the watch as a fat32 fs and editing files.
language could be something like forth, i'd like that, but in reality i'd happily settle for oop-less lua.
would also like battery life and a good screen, but honestly if i can't have both i'd settle for a good screen and an analog watch off to the side.

A 30$ successor to the Pebble

If someone offered a backpack with it.

Less than $100, week long battery, good sized circular screen, and a minimalistic design.

A free smartphone

Nothing, I don't wear a watch.

I just want the current Apple Watch series 2 with a battery that lasts a week.

I already have a Garmin watch. It keeps track of my heart rate, speed, cadence and route when I go jogging. It tells me when I'm improving. If my phone is in range of it, I can also check my calender and read messages on it, and control the music player. The battery lasts for weeks. I find it convenient.

Is this real?
Please let it be

Sigh. Yes. The company doesn't exist and pebbles everywhere just vanished in to thin air.

What can I do with it that a smartphone can't provide?

I already own one

I have a pebble 2. I bought one for my girlfriend to guinea pig (when they were still around), and she ended up getting me one. and I really like it. Biggest thing I like is quick access to text messages and voice reply as I tend to get overly focused with my work, and then easily distracted once my phone comes out. keep it on the wrist, phone in the pocket, and back to work, also that I can see whos calling from my wrist if my phone happens to be in the other room on the charger and I can decline the call, or decline with text reply. So pissed pebble bought them out and then liquidated...

I use a calendar app i downloaded on it, I use the music app to play music if i'm at work or at a party and my phone is connected via bluetooth, its an awesome little piece of tech that makes my life easier.

Pebbles were also very reasonably priced, water resistant, thin, not very gaudy looking, and their e-ink displays mean I get around a week of battery life before I have to plug it into the magnetic charger vs a lot of the 2-3 day recharges at best.

If I ever get the 'betus, then I'll consider it

It is, The tuner is actually the seperate unit in the background so the watch is just the monitor. because it's LCD it could only actually display black and white
youtube.com/watch?v=NFo1S8tsaw0

This except all watches are irrelevant. I've got the fucking phone that tells time already, why would I want redundancy strapped to my wrist all day?

It's real. Why did you think everyone was cold hard soulless Wall Street types in the 80's ? So they could afford shit like that !

I used to think the same until I got the Samsung gear fit 2.

Not digging my phone out of pocket Notifications, fitness tracking is definately a thing I didn't get, also having a stand alone 4gb Music player with my KZ ZS5 with Bluetooth cable ls game changing audio.

T. Depends how fit you are bro

month long battery life displaying notifications on memory-LCD, or a weeks worth of GPS (aeonatical instructions included) step by step instructions.
thsi means always on LCD.

local storage of limited scope applications, liek two facotr authenticators,

water resistance to 150 meters

solar charging by repalceable bands. look up HELI-on and infinityPV's flexible printed solar cell technology.

and charging via waterproof connector that is studed though the case.

it does not need to beep, it would be nice to do voice recognition but i wear a bluetooth headset for that.

buttons, dont need capacative touch screen its a watch.

just give me my pebble 2 +HR with solar charging and a glass face that doesn't peel off after a year because the adhesive dried out.

>It's real.
Was it good?

It needs to be more powerful, have a screen of at least 5 inches and lose the straps.

The ability to scroll and change the music I'm listening to is already good enough for me.

5 year battery life time.