How does Sup Forums feel knowing Linux will never look this good

Windows just looks better...
Linux is just a downgrade why not install Windows 10 its free just like Linux but has better support also you need it if you play AAA titles

Dont distro hop like a whore join the Microsoft family

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/269331/how-to-disable-all-of-windows-10s-built-in-advertising/
engadget.com/2017/09/06/windows-10-s-free-upgrade-window-extended/
wallpaperhdzone.com/scary-clown-wallpaper-hd/
kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php/72327-Intel-s-ME-backdoor-is-evil
downtoearthlinux.com/posts/11-reasons-to-avoid-linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't tell if op is making a joke or being retarded

why do these threads keep popping up? does someone think they're funny or something?

It can look much bettter.

ok beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you know as well as I if you want best gaming experience you go to Windows 10

also its true Linux users distro hop like whores

plebs with their consumer grade OS

it works and you know it ;)

Shh, nobody gives a shit

You are probably using windows ;)

That pure fucking CRINGE jesus fuck
wincuck never ever

I use windows, mint and debian. You use Windows to post asinine bullshit to make yourself feel better about your low self-esteem. Fuck of brainlet.

best games: nintendo switch os (based on bsd)
best work: bsd, plan 9

oh thanks user, your bait was so insightful, I know have to go install windows

you should always have it dual boot is a must sure go play with Linux for the real games there is always Windows

Linux should be given to kids to play around let adults use real OS

I just bought a laptop with this shit installed, I'm a week in. This experience is horrifying.
Why are there ads built in?
Who in their right mind uses this?
The blocky design is giving me stage 3 cancer.

I just want my old windows 7 computer back from the grave.

You meant
>Linux will never look this basic
But it can, cinnamon looks basic enough for your taste.

even baby's first post on desktop thread is better than that garbage

>Why are there ads built in?
just go to settings and turn off "show suggestions", they turn it on by default on OEM installs and trick people into not turning it off by calling it a "suggestion" instead of an ad

there are no ads my win10 is doing just fine

dont fall for Linux stories

if you havew ads try this
howtogeek.com/269331/how-to-disable-all-of-windows-10s-built-in-advertising/

That shit ain't free, yo.

yes it is and it actually works unlike linux

it's gratis, not libre

I know I'm feeding the troll, but I'm also a moron: how do you get it for free, legally?

>there are no ads guise
>anyway here is how you disable ads in the operating system brainlet.wincuck.com/topic=kys

If you need another OS just to play AAA games how is it a good OS ?

May be he's an adult

engadget.com/2017/09/06/windows-10-s-free-upgrade-window-extended/

Do it greatness awaits

Nice bait but I'll bite it anyway.
>Dont distro hop like a whore join the Microsoft family
I've been using Slackware for about 4 years now. What were you saying?
Anyway, you don't need a faggoty ricer desktop. A basic one that functions well is all you need.

Fuck off back to your daycare board you fucking underage lump of shit

Wallpaper plz

>well
your steam games would run better

also I was generalising about distro hopping but its true most of Linux users do that some make a full circle and come back to what is good Windows

>your steam games would run better
The only reason i even keep Steam around is for Meme Fortress 2. Most AAA games are shit and I'm a hardened /vr/fag. I mostly play arena FPS and shit on DOSbox. You;d be surprised at how many games GNU/Linux has now but I'm not interested in most of that shit. I'm an adult now and I don't have as much time for video games as I used to, so I send my free time on hobbies I value more.

it was a screenshot from the movie poltergeist but the wallpaper is simillar

wallpaperhdzone.com/scary-clown-wallpaper-hd/

Linux gains are small, Mac is shit as always

Windows 10 will rise soon

>shit as always
>has the highest gain in the chart
hmmm

How come that OwO degenerate hasn't posted his mac yet? I wonder if he's ok.

I hope not

You all have windows and probably use it at work

face it Windows 10 is just aesthetically pleasing

To be fair the other user meant free as in liberty, but Windows does actually freely provide the .iso on their website and even media creation tool - activation is what costs money.

I don't, and it's ugly as hell.

>normies are more and more aware about the literal shit microsoft is trying to push
>like 3/4 of my normie friends are either moving to 7 or trying to get into linux
>if a nomie-tier tech youtuber posts a video touching on operating systems most of the comments shit on 10, say they're comfy with 7 or wish linux had games
>this is backed up by steam hardware survey
>windows 10 will apparently rise soon
sure it will, user

you can get it for free still

- you are a minority

Windows 10 is by far the ugliest Windows ever made.

Hourly reminder to purge your wangblows isntall before you became a brainwashed retard like OP.

>everyone insults OP for being a technologically and aesthetically retarded idiot
>he keeps replying and acting superior even when he knows deep down that his OS is ugly and useless as if continuing to respond changes anything and as if he's the majority here
keep making microsoft money with your personal data and your adware OS

Windows will always have games for younger people,gamers and it will always have the fact they are widespread and more intuitive to use for the rest of people who dont like terminals

dont you think a company like Microsoft wont keep the game makers to stay with them ?

who will win multiple distors vs a big company with a lot of money ?

Also there is the familiarity< that goes with windows people are used to it they dont like change

Sure some minor part of people will go to Linux but how many will stick to it ?

>- you are a minority
I have a bad news for you.

oh and you trust RedHat, Canonical, Zorin ?

sure you are safe keep telling that to yourself

what do you have to hide ?

>what do you have to hide ?
Holy shit, get out

> muh privacy

Block svhost port 80 and 443
Block svhost incoming connections
Block svhost all other out ports except destination 123 53 67 68 localzone multicast and ::1

Wow so hard

>dont you think a company like Microsoft wont keep the game makers to stay with them ?
pic related
>Sure some minor part of people will go to Linux but how many will stick to it ?
hopefully not that many
also nice reddit spacing

I am waiting just like the rest of people to see Linux actually becoming good or rival Windows

>implying that shit isn't kernel level to spy on you

Yes, because RedHat and Canonical are open about what they collect (does RH even collect anything? It's not meant to be a user distribution), they don't serve you hidden ads, they don't profit off your data, and you can turn off data collection without having to follow complex instructions meant to deter you from turning off data collection. Dolt.

That's actually a sick pape, post it?

If someone wanted to take your data they would do it on a hardware level no need for OS

I bet you have intel in your PC

Also why give up comfort and stability for Linux ?

This is a thread about operating systems, not hardware. Please try to stay on topic, your desperation is becoming apparent.

windows owns over 90% of the market ... Linux is nowhere near ... saying Linux will win is like saying fusion is just 10 years away

He has a point though

Don't get upset because holes in your logic appear.

seriously what ? are you a criminal

No (you) don't. It was an obvious misdirection to escape the fact that you are a defensive idiot whose only argument is that the majority of people use Windows, so it's somehow better. The majority of people in the world also make under $1000 dollars a day, does that mean that's better than making $60k?

What holes? Please explain, implying that Intel collects user data does not in any way hurt my argument.

No, and that's absolutely besides the point. The easier it is for an alphabet soup agency to get your information, the easier it is for anyone else to get your information as well. It's not a hard concept to understand.

>I want privacy and don't want my data used so I went Linux
>your data is still being collected through the hardware layer
How isn't that a problem?

I'll bite the plutonium and say you are butt-fuck retarded.

I have a thinkpad X220. It boots in 20 seconds, has 8GB RAM and runs like greased lightning. Why would I need Win10 on it?

>Looks better
Did you notice that the screenshot you posted has all that bullshit on the desktop? i3-gaps for a purely aesthetic desktop.
>Better support
I have yet to come across a question that wouldn't be documented somewhere. Never have I contacted Windows support and gotten anything but a "tough shit, cunt".
>AAA titles
It's a thinkpad. I use it for work. I don't play games on this machine. That's what my gaming rig with Win10 is for.
>Distro hop like a whore
Been on Debian-based distros for 9 years now. Ubuntu, Kali, now pure Debian 9. Tell me again how I'm distro-hopping.

lol thats a weak argument

you claim its misdirection but you feel needed to defend your (false) views ...nice

you could just admit OS change isnt that important when you talk about privacy... also legacy blobs

You see, you say "Windows is for the real games" and then you say "Let kids play with linux".

Do you see where you went wrong here?

MY data isn't being collected, but I'd like a source on the Intel data collection, it sounds interesting.

I don't really understand what you're saying, but if you're trying to imply that operating systems are irrelevant in terms of user privacy, you are hilariously wrong, as you were before.

>Did you notice that the screenshot you posted has all that bullshit on the desktop? i3-gaps for a purely aesthetic desktop.

you just called the desktops function being use bullshit ? and I am retarded ? grandpa go back to terminal only please

>I have yet to come across a question that wouldn't be documented somewhere. Never have I contacted Windows support and gotten anything but a "tough shit, cunt".

I have yet to have a problem in Windows which I couldnt solve.. cant say the same for linux

>It's a thinkpad. I use it for work. I don't play games on this machine. That's what my gaming rig with Win10 is for.

At least a part of you aknowledges Windows supremacy... all this Linux stuff is only virtue signalig for Sup Forums ;) nice

>Distro hop like a whore

I already said I was generalising but its true most Linux user do that

I have my bank account number to hide.

Nigger, once you go for the "nothing to hide" card, just post your address, e-mail and all social media accounts and passwords here. SSN too, if you have it. Do you have some illegal purchases to hide? Are you chatting up ISIS on Facebook? If not, why not let ME look through your shit?

Your argument is THIS retarded. Turn off HTTPS and kill yourself, nigger.

Nope if a kid can buy his games he isnt a child anymore and he needs windows to run them not kids linux..wannabe OS

I don't distro hop (I've used the same distro for 10+ years) and I rarely play games (those I do play are available on Steam for Linux). Why should I use Microsoft at all when I don't need it for work, I don't need it at home?

lol you do realize none of that is impacted by windows :DDDD

Look Linux isnt secure anymore then Windows, if you want security use Qubes dont try the o it safer card because its not

Windows rules and you know it

>I already said I was generalising but its true most Linux user do that
Only on Sup Forums, IRL nobody gives a fuck.

>I was talking about people that use pc for something other then browsing and writting code

>Windows supremacy
I didn't acknowledge Windows supremacy. I haven't actually booted that computer since I got my Ultrabase dock.

I work in i3-gaps because I like the way everything tiles. This is the feature I think if Windows had, I would value it a little more. Automatic tiling.

>Linux stuff is only virtue signaling for Sup Forums
Actually, I think I'm 80/20 Linux/Windows now and getting slimmer.

>tfw adb push "ALLDISBULLSHIT" /sdcard/ moves all my music without any explorer bullshit

I do use my computer for something other than browsing and writing code. You used gaming as an example, that's like the smallest niche ever.... How many people do you think play computer games compared to people who use a computer? Less than 1% ? Less than .5% ?

>mentions Canonical and Redhat
>LOL, it has nothing to do with Windaz LMAO!

You are getting delusional, kiddo.

Wouldn't go that far. Don't forget Dwarf fortress.

>MY data isn't being collected
So you don't use Intel or AMD?
kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php/72327-Intel-s-ME-backdoor-is-evil

Using AutoCad, Maya... the list goes on its not just games other software isnt on Linux

downtoearthlinux.com/posts/11-reasons-to-avoid-linux/

because it respects that it's your computer. With microsoft they treat it like it's theirs and can do whatever they please with your data

There's always the fact that you can libreboot certain machines

I don't know the actual ratio, but the last time I read some reports on it, I think like somewhere between ~60% of gamers use smartphones as their primary gaming platform, and around ~30% say that they primarily use a console. So if you remove mobile gaming and console gaming, you have a very small group of people who play computer games.

1) I don't use AutoCad or Maya
2) I use both Linux and macOS at home and Linux at work, OP said nothing about Linux exclusively

Defend the fact that windows registry Sucks dick and I have to reinstall windows every 9 months. Also windows gives me no control and no customization. And Linux doesn't spy on me.

>If a person really care about his privacy he woundt use a computer at leat not one that is connected to the net

Also it doesnt really matter if the hardware makers make backdoors what OS you are using

>There's always the fact that you can libreboot certain machines
>certain machines
And what's available? No thanks.

Fine Chrome OS IS FOR YOU OR BETTER YET
Puppy OS

mAC IS SHITIMO

>AutoCad and Maya
Those people use Macs. Personally, I use only WPS and Zathura for my workflow. Convince me why I should use Windows

Understood, it's a niche group (go over to /tpg/).

>downtoearthlinux.com/posts/11-reasons-to-avoid-linux/

I think this is satire, desu senpai. Seeing how some of the reasons include that it is maintained and gets frequent updates and that it is free of charge.

That logic actually doesn't work out.
Nothing to hide != everyone has your information.
I trust Apple and Banks for example with my information. I do not trust randos on Sup Forums with that same information because there are zero authorities and bodies watching over what randos do with that information. I have nothing to hide from Apple or Banks, and anything I do want to hide I turn to another service in which I trust. And these channels of trust are all relatively separate from each other, although obviously it isn't that hard to connect the dots if authorities REALLY wanted to - but I'm not in any shady businesses.
Like I get the point is to make people scared of anyone having their information, but realistically I'm going to trust a business which has been beat the fuck up by the EU way more than I do you.

It's shit, i'm happy i destroyed my win10 partition

Neither is for me

WINDOWS IS FREE AS WELL

AND IT RUNS ALL PROGRAMS BECAUSE THEY M

I can deal with the backdoors and shit. What gets me is that microsoft actively sends information to themselves about your computer with no way to disable such things officially. Seems pretty damn disrespectful to the user if you ask me

Of course, I highly recommend it to those who are seriously concerned with their privacy. Just seems like there's a lot of faux-outrage on Sup Forums these days, largely centered around brands and platforms rather than a legitimate concern of what their data is doing.

>lol you do realize none of that is impacted by windows :DDDD
Windows 10 has a keylogger that sends everything you type to Microsoft, all the 3 letter gencies and every other public company in existence. So yes,it's entirely impacted by Windows.