ESP8266

Sup Forums, how much trouble would I get if had this run a lewd site on my keychain?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/WebServer
friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=197
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

|-----------------------| this much

how the fuck do you want to run a site on a wifi module?

>how
>want
pick one

The fuck are you even saying?

>how the fuck do you run a site on a wifi module
or
>why the fuck do you want to run a site on a wifi module

pick one

how do you not understand that? lol

Okay, you're either retarded or trolling as that's pick one meme only applies if someone has taken a contradicting position. So I'm just gonna walk away from your thread since you're acting like a little nark for trying to answer your question.

Enjoy your dead thread.

bumping the thread

bump

Don't speak about memes like you know them. I bet you don't know of the gray goblin

(not to scale)

>I bet you don't know of the gray goblin
Nah. I avoid anything gay or retarded.

>ESPshit

get the fuck out with that wanabee tardino crap

>how the fuck do you want to run a site on a wifi module?

god damnit cnlohr

max number of connections is 4

Theoretically, if you could run a website off of a zip disquette, how would you? Let's assume all network configuration is instaneously set up when you plug it in. What hardware and software do you need?

I don't think you would get in trouble since no one would know where the network came from exactly unless they try to use triangulation to get your position and then they would know the webpage came from you. Though you move around and you would notice if people tried that. Your biggest giveaway would be that when you goes the network you supply goes with you and anyone that is the least attentive would pick up on it. But it would be most likely that your friends and family wold notice or people that you meet over and over again.

I made some assumptions regarding your setup. You would have the module in your pocket or bag with a battery running the module as an open network that anyone can connect to. It wouldn't supply internet but only the webpage running on it. How to get lewd stuff on there is another issue since it can probably only hold one or a few images at most. So you would also need some sort of storage for it if you wanted more on there.

Depends on the kind of lewd. Aside from that, the biggest issue is probably power.

Well if you just want a single page with text and a few images, probably just a very low-end dev board that support interfacing with the wifi module, then makes a program that connects to the nearest network and starts a small server in c (takes a few dozens of lines of code) and you're ready to go, I guess.

Finding you ain't going to be hard with something like WiFi Analyzer. Anybody gets pissed off, will take about a minute to zone in on you with their phone.

Normies don't know wtf that is. I was using it the other day to determine the best place to point router antennas and got "OMG UR HAXX0R??" responses from literally everyone.

great little thing - I killed mine failing dismally to wire up deep sleep, got a handful of other ones tho.

Btw even if you do this I doubt anyone would see your page to begin with, They would see an open network and the maybe connect to it, even if they do they would have to type in 192.168.1.1:80 or whatever the IP of your module would be in their web browser in order to see it (:80 optional). They would probably just disconnect again when they see that your network doesn't provide internet. Being a little attention whore like you are you would probably hint to people or somehow make them visit your page in some other way and that would give it away instead. This is probably what actually would happen.

i didn't know it was possible to be this butthurt.

I didn't know it was possible to be this mentally retarded.

It's just the autism

>still butthurt that he had to resort to bringing up meme semantics

you're gonna be sleeping on your side

>reddit spacing
>thinks it's even possible to describe how colloquial memes work
>tries
>./walkawayfrominternet.exe
>unknown command: maybe you meant to type reddit.com?(Y/n)

For people wondering how, by soldering it on an arduino (nano preferably) arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/WebServer

The esp8266 isn't a "module", my dear adafruit toddler

>arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/WebServer
two fucking lines up

You can easily put up a redirect that redirects any traffic to the ip of the lewd website op is running

Sure, but that won't make them try to access internet when they see that they don't have access to the internet. But you got a point, normal plebians have a tendency to try access by an attempt at reaching some site with a web browser so your solution might work for a large group of people.

You're not going to be able to serve very much lewd content with only 1MB of flash to store it on

use a paid wifi style signin page deal that would auto direct your browser to your loods page

Yeah that would work.

And no https.
Try cheap chink raspberry ripoffs like nanopi or orangepi with armbian. They are pretty bad for multimedia and low-level stuff but as genetic server they work well enough.
friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=197

So is the actual reddit spacing putting a space after the reply link? Why would redditors do that? What kind of fucked up formatting do they have?

can these run arduino or a micro linux kernel?

Get out of my Sup Forums you cretin, adults are talking here

t. Someone who knows more than you

For the more storage part, I recommend OP to use a normal SD card taking to the ESP8266 over SPI. It's fast enough with enough memory

A lot, try with an ESP-32

Let me guess, you bought an ESP8266 as an "arduino module", right?

I don't know how one would connect an SD card to it, you might need another component for that. But there should be just some circuit that can provide some more storage, maybe just 100MB or so since there is no big point in having much larger stuff anyways since it won't be able to upload with a high speed anyways. Since you only have 4 pins I would recommend using I2C for communication with the storage device.

Actually the ESP8266 has dedicated circuitry for the SPI interface. The reason I am recommendations SPI is because SD cards have an SPI mode built into them without the need for any special hardware, you can just connect the pins with the contacts and you're all set.
SPI too, uses 4 pins normally, but that can be reduced to 3 pins (SS can be ignored, since there's just one slave)

Cool, I didn't know that. I'll keep that in mind if I end up using one of these for something.