About to take a year out from uni and move in with my parents for financial reasons

About to take a year out from uni and move in with my parents for financial reasons.

I'm hoping to develop a couple apps and make a little money while at the same time practicing for my degree. Should I also consider a full time job (don't wanna be a wageslave)? What kind of income could 5/6 free android apps provide through ad revenue? What if I made some shovelware games and dumped them on steam?

I DON'T WANT TO BECOME A NEET! HELP ME!

I have a part time job also but I want to make some actual money this year (£20k) because I'm hoping to get a mortgage.

>About to take a year
>What kind of income could 5/6 free android apps provide through ad revenue?
That is 2 months per app. They will be crappy apps. Or maybe you can do just one or two good ones. And you will be alone, doing all the work, and will not have time to do proper marketing.

Either way (6 apps or 2 apps), you can expect to make $0. But it will look excellent on your resume.

shit. well the app i'm making at the moment is literally gonna take me a week (I work morning to night when I have a goal to meet). It's a shitty puzzle game with a minimalist aesthetic (think of the app flow free). I have an algorithm which will make the levels for me and store them in a txt file so i don't even need to individually waste time making levels.

POWER THROUGH UNI
SHIT SUCKS
THE LONGER IT TAKES YOU TO GET THROUGH IT THE MORE YOU'LL HATE IT
JUST CLINCH YOUR TEETH AND POWER THROUGH

money senpai.
I'd be heading back if i could afford rent but I can't. And fuck me if I'm getting another loan when I already have a dragon dildo of debt up my arse

Get it done, friend. Having it on iOS will cost (IIRC) $100 per year, and on Android will cost $25.

A quick googling says that the average user will play your app for 2 days, and that you will get $0.06 per day per user from ads. That is for very high quality apps, which yours is not. Let us assume $0.01 per day per user for you. If you can get 1250 downloads, you will break even for Android, and you need 5000 downloads per year to break even for iOS.

If you can get 1250 downloads per day (!!!)... then you are making... $25/day. I believe that is about 2-3 hours worth of burger-flipping in Burgeristan.

So again: You can expect to make $0.

If you really don't wanna be a neet, you wont be.

deliver pizza

>What kind of income could 5/6 free android apps provide through ad revenue? What if I made some shovelware games and dumped them on steam?

Have you ever tried to put some garbage on app store?

You just dont make shovelware and hope it somehow makes money. You get hired by a shovelware publisher you write shit for (they give you the generic assets you can legally use, as well as push your vomit through ad networks and ingame cross-advertising). Also, they take 50% of your profit if you're on comission.

But most of the time you won't be even doing OC which goes on commision, you'll be writing "promo-apps" - because promoapps are now what web pages were in the 90s. Every company wants to have one, even if they have pretty much zero content to go with it.

The pay is shit unless you get exceptionally lucky, but the odds of that are a bit like national lottery.

t. mobile pajeet

What are you studying? Ivy school?

comp sci. not ivy/russel but top 10 in the uk.

Just become a wagie.
Making money off apps / addons is fun but unless you get incredibly lucky you'll earn way more by working a job.

What are the requirements for an Android dev job?

> develop a couple apps and make a little money
i'd like to hear how people accomplish this, cause i've been a neet for 10 years now and self taught myself programming the entire time.

I can tell you from experience its not easy. There are other things involved like marketing. So far I've made 0$ in profits. Actually I've lost thousands to buy stuff for my projects. The only advice i can give you is to stick to your one favorite language no matter what others tell you and don't switch to javascript or some meme language because some hipster told you to.

I'm pretty adept at JAVA, C++ and C#. For android development I'll probably be using JAVA and for windows games I'm probably gonna opt for Unity engine + C#

Have you experimented at all with in app purchases or premium versions without ads for $0.99? Do these affect your income?

Also how many apps have you made?

I've made 3 apps before i gave up, no profits really kill your motivation. I also have tons of other unfinished projects underneath.

Really it needs to be AAA quality and released by a decent company to ever get even a single sale. I highly doubt a neet can make professional content if he can't even get a simple job

The thing about apps is its not really about the language you use. the avg smartphone fag never sees or cares about the source code. People will give a 1 star because he had a mood swing while playing the even if it was AAA+ content and made by a professional company or might give 5 stars for a game based on a template made in unity in 3 mins. So its really futile to put effort into it and the best strategy ends up being making a game using the easiest solution avaliable. This is why so many companies have gone to pay2play cookie cutter games since they've realized how unprofitable it is to make something creative.

Just look at actual job listings

>6 years of experience
>must know firebase, restful, sqlite, google maps, volley, horse whispering, klingon...
>junior position

Seriously, if I'm looking to start out, what's is actually enough to get you started?

And this is why you should ignore Sup Forums when they rage at fag-apple. It may be shit overpriced hardware, but you can actually make money developing apps for iOS.

My theory is there are people who outsource their work to pajeet but take credit for it so it looks like he can do all these insane things to the employer so they make all these demands.

>work
Eww.

I've heard that it basically goes like this
>We want to hire pajeet
>Oh shit, we're going to get in trouble if we just hire pajeet straight away
>Put up a job offer with insane requirements
>"Oh no, looks like nobody in this country meets our needs, guess we'll have to outsource"

Make app
Put in some offensive content
Anonymously report your own app to you know who
Accuse accusers of not having bough app
Use trolling skills to keep the hysteria going

And that's how you make money

a couple of cents if you are lucky

>take loan
>go to /biz/
>listen to what they told you to invest
>invest half and hold
>invest other half for daytrading