/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Motorola Moto XT1799-2 appears on TENAA with 4GB RAM and Android Nougat
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_xt17992_appears_on_tenaa_with_4gb_ram_and_android_nougat-news-27155.php

Nokia 8 goes on sale in Germany and Australia
gsmarena.com/nokia_8_flagship_smartphone_now_available_to_purchase_germany_australia-news-27153.php

Lenovo announces K8 and K8 Plus
gsmarena.com/lenovo_announces_k8_and_k8_plus-news-27140.php

Pixel 2 tidbits: Slate gray/black model, 64GB and 128GB storage, likely IP68 water & dust resistance, always on display
9to5google.com/2017/09/06/pixel-2-tidbits-slate-gray-black-model-64gb-128gb-storage-ip-68-google-lens/

Galaxy Note 8 vs LG V30 Full Camera Comparison!
youtube.com/watch?v=eMoxiqjHqio

Deal: Sony Xperia XZ (US variant) now costs $399
phonearena.com/news/Deal-Sony-Xperia-XZ-Best-Buy-Amazon_id97793

[Deal] Honor 8 for $249.99 ($150-off) at B&H
androidauthority.com/deal-honor-8-for-249-99-150-off-at-bh-798202/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/deal_lg_g6_lg_v30-news-27127.php
xiaomitool.com/
hardmob.com.br/promocoes/670115-americamob-smartphone-motorola-moto-z2-play-azul-topazio-r-1322-98-cc-americanas-1x.html
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-901239637-smartphone-huawei-p10-lite-32gb-3gb-tela-52-pronta-entrega-_JM
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-903893668-celular-samsung-a5-2017-dourado-32gb-android-60-tela-52-_JM
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-897909968-lenovo-zuk-z2-s-imposto-pronta-entrega-envio-imediato-_JM
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-903221667-huawei-honor-6x-dual-camera-unlocked-smartphone-32gb-de-our-_JM
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this good? Does it still have Samsung bloat?

How is the Redmi Note 4? Is it usable for a tech illiterate?

first for xiaomi mi a1 the new nexus

>Snapdragon 617
>2600mAh
>Chinese market only
it's crap

How long will we still be plagued by camera bumps. Like damn just make the phone 2mm thicker

Get a Moto G5 and avoid Xiaomi, too many bugs in MiUi.

No get a g5 plus miui is aids

it's fucking great don't listen to the shills

kill yourselves

>$0.01 has been deposited into your Xiaomi ShitShill® account, rajeesh!

enjoy your ridiculously inaccurate display on that gay5 plus

>62298270
>The only difference seems to be more ram (1G) and longer battery life
and water resistance, microsd slot, better camera, better performance
>Water resistance
Im not that autistic to drop my phone in a lake
>Microsd slot
Seriously? The S6 doesn't have one?
>Better camera
The s7 seems to have a better camera, gsm arena shows it
>Better perfomance
Yeah it's going to run better, I arleady said it has more ram

Anybody else with experience with these phones? Im talking about the galaxy s6/s7, is it worth the upgrade?

QUICK MY PHONE(iPhone SE) DIED AND I ABSOLUTELY ONE FOR WHATSAPP (because everyone in my global team uses it and it's free).
>must have an ok battery, will last 1 day of heavy use and 2 days of moderate use
>music all throughout the day
>pictures also, I go to different beaches almost every week
>no vidya gaems
>don't care if newest flagship or not
I want to stick with iOS because my experience with Android was horrible, my old Zenfone 2 was a bitch.

Next week will be the actual launch of the next iPhone right?
Should I just get a 6s now? I doubt there will be a price drop for the 7, and if there is, it wouldn't be huge.
Actually, I have no clue about their pricing because this is my first time looking at phone prices after I got my SE.

>The s7 seems to have a better camera
shit, I meant the s6, the s6 has a better camera despite being older.

Average consumer don't care about shit like this.

yes they do, maybe not consciously but show them an iPhone 7 and the display obviously looks better than on a shitdroid

The regular 6S has shit battery life, get another SE or a 6S+

Well fuck me then, being always outdoor I think the IP67 certification makes the deal for me.

All sites seem to point out that on the spot at launch day, previous flagship drops price by 100usd, should I count on that?
It's actually my birthday on the 12th as well.

Im talking about samsung phones not apple kek
Sorry for being unclear

I have the Galaxy S6 active. I'm not a power user by any means, but it's done everything I've used it for without any issues.

My biggest complaint is that there's only 32GB internal storage, and yes, no SD card slot. I don't think the battery is removable either. The only slot it has is a single SIM slot, and otherwise, you're stuck with it as it is.

I'm looking to get a new phone, but really just for more storage.

Huawei p8 Lite 2017 edition or Huawei Nova Smart? Which one is the best choice? Especially for the photos (the processor looks better in the P8 Lite, but the camera looks better in the Nova Smart). I've seen that there is 1 MP of difference in the main camera, but there is also anything that changes in the lens or any other shit? I don't give a fuck about the front camera.

yeah as a person thats looking to shoot 4k videos and load up a shitload of emulators this phone doesn't appeal to me, shame because its cheap in my country.

Nova smart is just a rebranded Honor 6c.
Get the P8 lite 2017, it has more RAM, better SoC, 1080p, and a better camera.

If you can get the P10 lite even better.

Want to get zte zmax pro or xiaomi mi max 6.44 w. snapdragon 652

So it's better even if it has a lower resolution? Why, it's the lens or the software maybe?

Megapixels don't mean shit. it has a newer, better sensor.

Nice, thank you.

new meta for android apps when?

Just got my G6 from chinkland. What should I get to rice it up? Should I buy Nova Prime for £4?

Just download the apk.

Sorry. I mean if you're going to get Nova Prime, just download the apk. As for the recommendation, depends on what you want really.

I'm looking to upgrade from my Galaxy S5. I'm on verizon and I'm trying to stay around or under $500. The LG G6 is what I've been leaning towards but I'm wondering what my other options are.

What is the cheapest smartphone you can possibly buy?

Deal: LG G6 is $430 in the US, V20 drops to $393
gsmarena.com/deal_lg_g6_lg_v30-news-27127.php

Probably the best you can do.

can't beat getting a great deal on a used phone. but be careful because the used phone market is rife with scams, rigged auctions, and normies who are paying too much for old shit. and the screen will probably be scratched.

if you're looking for a brand new phone, redmi 4a or redmi note 4 are good if you have the budget for them.

>Sony announced they won't produce compact phones anymore
Why phone manufacturers hate

?? they just released the XZ1 compact.

Because the android's final form is a computer replacement, Pc's and androids alike will die out, they will be replaced by a combination of these two, all sings point in this direction.

After more than two years of good use, my 2nd gen Moto X is finally doing that stupid shit where the battery just dies off at 50%, sometimes it also overheats like hell and starts draining like mad, so I'm looking for something new

Are the 4th and 5th gen of Motos any good? I loved my Moto X. It was super basic but incredibly snappy and fast compared to what I had before (the famously bloated Galaxy S3). I'm looking for something similar to what I currently have, preferably with a big battery size. I don't any intensive apps or anything, just twitter and spotify/poweramp and would like for it to last a whole day. I don't care about the camera or the speakers. Headphone jack is a must.

I'm from Brazil and my budget is around R$800 to 1000. I'm willing to give a chinkphone a try but I'm not sure of how long they last, I need the phone to survive for at least two years.

Get the Moto G5+. the vanilla G5 ain't worth it.

Feels good that I'm not a handlet

how is the vanilla g5 not worth it?

>SD430
>2GB RAM

Anyone using wired headset with newer android phone?

On my HTC M8 the delay when I use the press the headsets play/pause button until the device responds is significant. It's around 2.5 seconds.

Googling the problem gives nothing for newer devices, so I'm wondering if the problem have bin eliminated?

There's also a 3gb ram version

>paid R$1500 for a Moto X2 after the 3rd gen was already a thing
>Moto G5+ is around R$1000
That's... way cheaper than what I was expecting. I'm not sure of what deal with the devil Motorola struck with this, but I'm pleased

Watched and read a few reviews and it seems to be what I'm looking for, just an upgraded version of what I had before. Apparently the camera still sucks but I'm used to that already (took both of these in the same day, one under natural sunlight and another with my bedroom's shitty lamp later at night)

Some reviews mentioned the battery not lasting an entire day but I guess no phones can actually do that so I'll grab a chink $20 powerbank for emergencies and deal with that

Thanks a lot for the recommendation

>Have xiaomi redmi note 3 (snapdragon of fucking course)
>Installed a year ago CyanogenMode 13, android 6.1 on it.
>too fucking lazy to update
>a year later, now, it starts showing me 'system process isn't responding, close it [Wait/Ok]?
>it starts freezing and bootlooping every now and then
>every time it does I go into TWRP recovery and recover a backup I made a long time ago
>now suddenly it hasn't done the freeze anymore in a while, but I was in the process of finally downloading a new ROM. It won't go into recovery
>the TWRP logo shows up but it just stays there for 30 seconds then the phone vibrates and I see the mi logo again, it boots into regular mode.
I have full root, and obviously bootloader is unlocked.
I tried to re-flash twrp using the 'official twrp app' but no dice, problem persists. Even when flashing to previous twrp version using that app.
Also how do I flash ROMs onto my phone without using recovery but using root priv?

Is it the 4/64 version? if it's the 2/32 version it's not worth it.

xiaomitool.com/

And flash the global ROM.

Nope, 2/32. Apparently the 4/64 version isn't even available down here, damn. This really threw a wrench in my plans

thanks bruh.
I assume I'll be losing root and recovery, right?

I think there's a 3/32 version as well, see if you got it. I personally wouldn't buy a 2GB RAM phone in but see if there's something else around that same price point.

Yeah but at least you'll have a working phone. you can try installing LineageOS too.

oh shit I just looked and I thought you linked me miflash. this xiaomitool looks interesting. ty again

Saudades Moto G1 + headphone bluetooth por 500 reais.
Moto G line ain't budget anymore.

Nope, not available officially either, but it's easy to find on our bootleg ebay

The 4/64 has one single listing cause someone bought it in the US but didn't use it. I'm tempted to grab it, but I don't want to make a sudden decision

Well, it's as budget as it gets. You either spend R$2000+ for the big guns or get a shitty LG under R$700 and deal with all its problems for two years

Apparently it does TWRP too, give it a try.

I know, i have the regular G5. I honestly don't mind 2GB RAM because i don't play games or bloat my phone with "antivirus" shit and it's almost stock.
Anyways the Z2 Play was 1300 like a couple days ago so I'd put 300 reais more and grab that instead of the G5+

>Anyways the Z2 Play was 1300 like a couple days ago
Where? All listings I see are 1700+ with the exception of Kabum for 1500

Why are you buying phones and not lurking hardmob's promoções room?
Fool.

You didn't answer my question
Also, I've been "buying a phone" for the past hour or so (because my old one did that overheat thing so I had to turn it off while I was texting someone)

Best US budget phone for $200?

I don't care to buy used.
I don't care about battery life.
I don't care about waterproofing.
I don't care about camera or screen size,

All I care is that it browses the internet.
And can play mid level games with no hiccup.

here, let me spoonfeed you hardmob.com.br/promocoes/670115-americamob-smartphone-motorola-moto-z2-play-azul-topazio-r-1322-98-cc-americanas-1x.html

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-901239637-smartphone-huawei-p10-lite-32gb-3gb-tela-52-pronta-entrega-_JM

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-903893668-celular-samsung-a5-2017-dourado-32gb-android-60-tela-52-_JM

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-897909968-lenovo-zuk-z2-s-imposto-pronta-entrega-envio-imediato-_JM

>Samshit and Chinkshit

Moto g5s Plus or Mi A1? Which has the better camera?

The golden Samsung isn't my style but I'll check out the other two, thanks

sugue meu pau

Theres a black model too but you're too poor.

>mfw moto g5 plus and g5s plus has same dimesion while g5s has 5.5 vs 5.2
wtf is lonovo doing

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-903221667-huawei-honor-6x-dual-camera-unlocked-smartphone-32gb-de-our-_JM

That's a good price if the listing is legit.

>796 reais de frete

Talk me out of selling a fraction of my cryptos and buying a Note8 right now

>but you're too poor
Well, yeah, that's why I'm buying a budget phone and not a Galaxy S8 Plus Advance Championship Edition

Where does one go to learn about different roms for their model of phone and about basic ricing?
Not asking to be spoonfed, but a link or two would be nice.

This thread made me desire a Huawei phone:
What do you guys recommend that's at least mid-range?

S8 is on sale for 548 Pounds in Britbongland. Think it's a good deal? Really need a new phone. Price isn't an issue; i just want one that will last

Good band 4 or 2 es (4g) chink phone? That's not zuk or xiaomi note

P9
P10 Lite
Honor 6x
Nova/Nova Plus
P8 lite 2017

Thanks for the quick answer. However you didn't check the bands

Just for verification, there is no good tempered glass screen protector for Curved/Edge phones right? I have a Note 8 and want to get one, but pretty much every single source says that they're fucking trash in some way or another, either because they have air pockets in the middle or they pop out when used with certain cases.

I thought the "wet application" ones would solve it, but I'm seeing nothing but shitty reviews about how the sensitivity takes a shit and you really have to tap the phones. That's on top of applying some weird ass liquid on your phone.

How are xperias? I have an HTC one m7

raw dogging >

if you can't afford to risk using an expensive phone without protection get a mi 6 for half the price

Anyone else here waiting for livermorium to deliver?

>tfw 4-core fix doesn't work on my bootlooped 6p

Don't get chinked, retard! Buy either the A5 2017, Z Play or Z2 Play.
t. bought the A5 about 2 weeks ago for 1170 on Americanas.

Search your phone on pajeet-developers.

>willingly getting chinked

Guys, what are the best that i can buy with 400$?

samsung A5 2017
Xiaomi a1

Hey /spg/

What ROMs would you recommend to try ?
I've only used Android stock (HTC Dream, Nexus 4, Nexus 5X) and I prefer something simple.

What about Honor 9, Zenfone 4...?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-6

No headphone jack.

Either Lineage or stock, then.

Are you willing to get a chinkphone who will soon fall apart?

OP3T
LG G6

What's a good Google Maps replacement?

Waze

Samshit is too expensive and bloated. Not my fault Chinese brands go after the best-bang-for-your-buck market.

What kind of features on the others ROMs make them worth ?

Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play

It's a expensive and fragile toy that does nothing for you a cheap phone doesn't. It doesn't improve your life in any way. It will only fill you with guilt and regret afterwards.

Put that money towards a nice vacation instead.