When will this board understand that Speakers are superior to Headphone?

Headphones are superior in every aspect.

They're not though. Besides, I bet you aren't even using open back studio monitors.

Check those trips tho

Headphones make me look like i'm telling the truth when i say i can tell the difference between flac and 320s

If i say i used speakers, people instantly know i'm lying

Portability is not every aspect

Stop using shitty monitors

My current room acoustics are not suitable for speakers and I don't plan to change my room layout completely just so I can enjoy music that doesn't sound like shit.
I have relatively cheap Edifier speakers but don't use those for music.

When air stops distorting sound. Also your room. Speakers even hypothetically can't come close to headphones.

Of course a good setup is better than headphones could possibly be, but not everyone can listen to music at high volume whenever he wants.

At equal price, IEMs > headphones > speakers.

Also using speakers AND IEMs at the same time is the true redpilled setup.

>Speakers even hypothetically can't come close to headphones.
You are retarded. Speakers are hypothetically the closest thing you can get to actual live music. It's the natural way to listen to music.
Speakers require a lot of work on room acoustics and are relatively expensive but on the other hand will produce sound more neutral and natural than headphones ever will, with soundstage no headphone will ever have.
Actually assuming you have room space for it, there is no better setup than pair of JBL lsr305 in it's price range and way above. Headphones that cost several thousands of dollars will not come close to lsr305 in audio treated room.
Any music that you listen to was 90% of time mixed on audio monitors and 10% mixed on headphones.

Headphones:
>Cheaper
>Portable
>Better audio quality
>More privacy
>Takes up less space

Speakers:
>???

Trips confirm poor bait

I'd like to agree with you except we're talking about listening in public

>When will this board understand
when it stops being poor

trips!
But seriously, as always, go outdoors or in a cubicle, or a house at night, or roommates, or jogging/gym, or the other thousand reasons headphones exist...

Speakers in a properly treated room will have a better sound but headphones are easier and can resolve more detail at a lower price.

100% of my music was mixed on headphones because I'm not listening to live music.

Music is always mixed on headphones and speakers, both. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't live music.
So you are not wrong but I don't get the point of your post.

Half decent speakers are better than headphones. Enjoy not having any soundstage.

Frequency response is not the endgame for the kind of music I listen. Speakers are shitty audio source simply because they're massive - anything complex turns into muddy garbage because of their inertia. Not a problem for live music because it's already crippled by the recording equipment.

Pretty much this. Headphones are incredibly necessary for many situations, not to mention often cheaper than a decent speaker setup.

This. I have a set of 82 watt studio monitors and there is a definite difference. Then again, I hear shit that most people can't.

Headphones are more detailed. I enjoy detail. That's all.

i live in an apartment and with a roommate. i dont want my roommate/neighbors to hear the shit i listen to

Not true.

Nice crack physics

>not true
Explain to me how room acoustics don't affect detail and resolution.

a single tiny speaker can accurately reproduce every detail?

Explain to me how tiny woofers accurately reproduce lower frequencies.

How would the lsr305 or lsr308 compare to thx Logitech z506? I'm quite happy with my Logitech and they are all similarly priced.

they arent, but i have both because im not a faggot.

you can usually find better deals on speakers used though, as they are mostly bought by old men who believe in bi wiring.

when i got my B&W DM601 S2s, i thought the guy was going to cry.

logitech speakers are SHIT and barely shielded at all

i had a set of logitech speakers that picked up a radio station if they were powered up.

>Logitech z506
Top lel. Get a real pair of speakers.

Anything better than the LSR305s?

Z506 is generally well regarded. They compare well to my living room setup with £1000 speakers . Have you ever heard z506?

When it becomes more affordable.
>t. poor slav

Not when you live with family

But the sound waves are altered by reflections produced by the room leading to FR inconsistency.

i dont trust like that man

Still better than headphones and their shit FR.

Open headphones combine the best aspects of both.

Ok thanks for the feedback. I will ask on hifi wigwam

>being this fucking delusional

logitech uses good drivers, but tune it like shit

Can be corrected with EQ. Next.

If you're buying good speakers, you're buying English. End of story.

Listen I have never used active monitors and my views are subjective. I'm prepared to buy 308s for the bedroom but I would have to shift the logitechs and no longer have the box. So I wanna know if anyone has heard both or similar.

>not as good for binaural ASMR

>headphones can be corrected with EQ but not speakers
Way to be a retard. EQ works better with speakers anyway since the FR is less variable.

Good luck vibrating the room with your headphones, idiot

Yes, logitech speakers are in general garbage, all of them. Very unnatural sound reproduction with bloated bass. They focus on being effective sounding, which is pleasing for average normalfag but not correct. However, keep in mind that studio monitors really require good positioning and room properties to sound good. You can't just randomly put them wherever and expect them to sound good.
Read up on room acoustic treatment for studio monitors, figure out if in your current setup it's possible to place JBLs decently. If not then don't buy, you will waste money on setup that will have again overblown bass and lots of acoustic echo in room.

THANK YOU for the reasoned g response

Less amplitude - less distortions. Size only determines efficiency, not qualify. Single speaker doesn't need crossover. Lighter membrane has better impulse response. ZERO interference between the channels - each goes directly to your ears.

>FR is less variable
Incorrect. Headphone FR is less variable than speakers because you don't have to worry about room acoustics.

>""""""binural"""""" asmr
>recorded with a shit blue microphone

My mom won't let me play music loud, so that's that.

And with open headphones you also eliminate all sound reflections.

>ZERO interference between the channels - each goes directly to your ears
you're trying to make the greatest problem of headphones sound beneficial, but that's exactly why headphone imaging is non-existent

>distortions are good
Go listen to your vinyls and lamp amps.

you only have to worry about room acoustics if you listen to music too loud :^)

Correct. Just move your speakers closer to your ears. And shrink them down a bit. And add a headband. You've just invented headphones!

With headphones you can just crossfeed. With speakers you can't do anything.

>mistaking valuable spatial information for distortion
go read some blauert or so, this is 50 years old science. acoustics and physiology of hearing are a thing, no matter what head-fi thinks

>muh bass

electronic crossfeed is plain retardation and not solving anything

>I hear shit that most people can't.
of course you do

>ah, now I can listen to music coming from exactly 2 points in the most unnatural way ever!
>this lack of imaging
>this 0 soundstage
>so this is the power....of headphones!

See
You're moving the goalposts.

Would I be able to enjoy decent speakers with this setup?

WRONG, mixing is done on speakers as well as mastering to some degree with headphones being used for further, more delicate mastering. Instrument placement and general sound are targeting speakers in 99.9% all songs. It does not matter if you are listening to life performance or to a bunch of synthesised instruments with vocals being recorded separately in a damped room to be mixed into the song later on, the song is mixed and mastered for SPEAKERS. Unless you stick to the Touhou midi OST ofc.
Also Hans Zimmer said himself that he sticks to the life recorded instruments when making music as opposed to purely synthesised ones even working in his mixing and mastering program with his SPEAKERS, in a good near field set up with properly treated room and front speaker that will cost ya tho.
You should try near field speakers, it's the big standing ones that are placed far away from you that sound overly warm, and you need to use bass traps for good performance. By nature of high frequencies dissipating faster in the air and larger membrane making more distortion it is harder to pick up things like small pops and cracks than on headphones but a good nearfields will give you all the details up to the level of feeling the space that music was recorded in, something most headphones struggles with and I am not just talking about soundstage.

Both have their merits, I prefer vocals on headphones mostly because I can hear all the detail very easily but a pair of good monitors blows headphones in some areas.

I have a piece of shit square room and my measurements were pretty solid and better than headphones. Enjoy your inferior experience.

Maybe he does. Many grown up people don't hear past 17-18khz. Most people don't actually listen to music but treat it as a background noise.
Perceiving of sound changes quite a bit when you actually focus on it - which is something hardly anyone does.

All crossfeed is a harmful distortion. This information is already present in the recording. You're just adding it again. I understand that some people prefer distorted sound. Not me though.

Incorrect. Try measuring FR from two different locations in the room. You will invariably have peaks and dips caused by room acoustics.

I use both

>WRONG
My music is 100% digital, so no.

>two different locations
Who cares? I sit in 1 spot 99% of the time. I don't give a shit if the corner sounds like shit.

Post your measurements. I doubt they'll be better than this.

Recorded with 3Dio mostly honestly.

put some foam on the wall and get speaker stand or yoga blocks

>smoothed

I have these Tannoy Mercury v2, any speaker fag that can tell me how bad/good they are?

Not an argument. Post your measurements.

No. Place your desk the same distance from the left wall as the right wall.

Post real measurements and not conveniently "smoothed" bullshit.

Technology not music. You must be the kind of guy who recommends M50 to everyone.

heard those I recon they sounded like flat trash don't belive the reviews

You are way to close to wall, sound will be reflected right back at you. I would move desk forward, until you have 1m from back of speakers to wall, so speakers would be 1m to wall from back and 2.5m from front to other wall (actually a bit less when you consider depth of speakers itself but you get the drill).
Add some acoustic pads and it could be decent at somewhat low volumes. At higher volumes it will reflect for sure.
Correct way you should turn desk right and put speakers like 2 meters from back to wall and 5 from front to other wall, but that would probably fuck up your whole living space.

You first. You talked up your speaker measurements, so let's see them. Unless they're too embarrassingly bad to post that is.

>complete audio illiterate
>posts FR of HD600
Color me surprised, you sennshills never stop to amuse me with your complete lack of any knowledge in area that seems to be your main point of interest in life.
Oh wait, you are not really interested in audio, just in sennshit audio.

Loud speakers bother me for some reason while headphones on loud don't phase me. Maybe it's just a privacy thing, I'm not sure. But headphones are just more comfortable to me

Notice the lack of measurements in this post.

Why not have both? I got HS8s+Sub with stands and all the XLR cables needed for $750 a year ago, they get a good amount of use, especially in the summer months when it's a bit warm to have headphones on since I don't like cranking my electric bill up to $800/month.

For headphones I'm currently using Beyer DT 880s for my main desktop, Senn HD650s for my PS4 and AKG K7XX for my laptop.

Pretty happy with all of my setups currently, though I demo'd some stax L700 a friend loaned me for a week and... Pretty sure that's my next purchase.

You are so wrong I'm not even going to try to argue a point but just know you're wrong.

>You are so wrong
No, I'm right which is backed by the fact that every single mixing room will have pair of studio monitors, and none will have HD600 memephones. Have you ever wondered why?

Notice complete audio illiteracy of this post. First try listening to something else than your shitphones, then comment. That's number 1 rule of audio world, for anyone except retarded sennshills who apparently don't even need to listen to stuff to know how it sounds.

>subjective > objective
Ok, bud.

It's your opinion that is subjective and completely against entire sound engineering industry, child. There is a very good reason why HD600 are not used professionally for anything, other than for being a professional NEET and /hpg/ shillposter.

I've had HD600s and HD650s along with everything else listed in as well as the monolith 1060s. Are Senn the "best" in their price range? Not to me, mostly based on comfort, but audio quality is enjoyable as are most of the other $200-300 options.

Why are you so ass blasted about Senn?

Don't get me wrong, I like HD600 for what it's worth myself, but sennshills I hate.
Because I'm tired of constant shilling done by people who have never owned or listened to more than 2 pairs of headphones (both being snapheiser).
And this thread takes it to whole new level, with people who I can guarantee you, have never once in their life listened to good speakers, who know instantly that their crappy shitphones are better than proper studio setups.
It doesn't matter that basically every song they listen to was mostly mixed on studio monitors, it will obviously and clearly sound better on Sennshit HD600™ because of reasons.
I don't dislike Sennheiser. I dislike retarded tech illiterates who believe they know their shit because they bought pair of $300 headphones and $100 DAC/Amp after being told to do so by anonymous people on Taiwanese cartoon website.