Sorry Linux fags, but there is no alternative for this productivity combo unless you are a jobless neet neckbeard

Sorry Linux fags, but there is no alternative for this productivity combo unless you are a jobless neet neckbeard

Other urls found in this thread:

peppercarrot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Libre/OpenOffice or Google webapps.

>Windows 10
>Office
Hahahah.No.
Yes, infact you do use windows and office, but not windows 10, because the last thing you need is several downtimes due forced upgrades.
What you actually want is a shitload of cheap windows XP machines, so you can keep compatibility with old gear including weird printers.

sorry but no proper company would use these
excel is unmatched in terms of functionality

>when you realize just how shitty these programs are, and how badly they have infected the workforce

>10
>productivity

Librecalc does everything Excel does natively besides shittier macros and other vb integrations
>Implying anyone under age 60 uses vb anymore.

If you have downtimes due to Windows 10 forced updates then that just means you are tech illiterate retard. Turns out, delaying updates by weeks or months is not a good idea. If you look how many tech illiterates, even on technology boards, claim that security updates are not necessary or even harmful it's actually hard to blame microshit for forcing this crap on users. Tech illiterates are responsible for this and microsoft knows well that majority of their user base are tech illiterate morons. And more tech literate users suffer for this.
Enterprise is another story, I would never want to have windows 10 on company computers, too many things to go wrong when you can just have 7 that will werk.

I would rather use 2013 or 2010

I'm a software developer. We don't use excel at all at my company.

Security updates are needed, yes.
But sometimes they're just fucked up, huge and bring things that are just not needed, which is why the optimal way is to install manually the packs, which is a terrible hassle on windows 10.
And on an office space, this generally is done off hours, not during the working hours.

>Librecalc does everything Excel does natively for my underage college child needs that have nothing in common with real world needs.

Yep, Linux is useless for anyone who is not a Linux dev.
Free software is a joke but still, thanks to Stallman and GNU for a good Unix ripoff, it had a very promising start.

I really doubt that. Unless you work for company that is composed 100% of programmers, which I really don't think is the case.

Real world needs like what exactly?

Use R.

Like being able to submit your work without having to worry about it not working on others people machines that will run excel, not open sores memeoffice.

Good joke, no one ever uses R for anything. All real world data science is done in Python.

>Arguing that the productivity of libre/OpenOffice is shit because it isn't natively supported on Microshit office.

>Also no knowledge of file converters.

Also 10 cents has been deposited into your account pajeet

Which is why I have a Windows VM for that (plus Skype, VS and other stuff). Don't need to install the whole OS for a couple of programs.

windows is best Linux is shit

>Download Office for Education for free with my university email.
>Can't uninstall shitty bloatware like Skype and OneDrive for business that I won't ever use without uninstalling the whole thing.

Utter garbage, I'd rather use LibreOffice

ed,sam,suckless sent,perl,r,openbsd

>shittier macros and other vb integrations
So what it does over google sheets then?
Why do desktop applications suck so much they're worse than web one?

Google sheets is botnet and done from a web browser.

These don't work well. Somebody emailed me a .doc word file with some tables in it. I opened it in libreoffice and the table formatting was all fucked up. I opened it in gdocs, same thing. So I dug my old windows laptop out of the closet and booted it up. 30 minutes later, it finally finished installing updates. I opened ms word and made my changes.

I like windows about as much as hillary clinton but you have to admit that linux has serious issues with wysiwyg doc editing.

>Arguing that the productivity of libre/OpenOffice is shit because it isn't natively supported on Microshit office.
Because that is the case, you retarded child. You can take those 10 cents, you probably need them more than I do.
You just fail to understand that sending out file that doesn't work has bigger consequences for some people than for you. Common misconception among sheltered college children.

I use linux too. Thanks for advertisement. :^)

>using office on the job
Hello Shaquanda, how are you liking your first day on this fine website devoted to Burmese hair braiding?

>micro

>soft

Sorry bud, but i have to work with wangblows crap and if libre office fail to open something, then ms office will fail too. Even compatibility crap will shit itself. 90%+ of excel users can be converted to libre without any issue and the files can go too.
t. salaryman

I have office 2016 on a dual boot w7 install.

>windows update
>30 minutes
impossibru

I kek'd

>He didn't use Vl and picked what to install or not.

but Python isn't Excel either

Does 30 minutes sound low or high to you? I haven't booted windows in ages so it had to restart twice.

>tech illiterate retard
Most people who use Windows are

m-my boss doesnt mind that it takes a little bit longer and requires frequent backups aslong as the software respects our privacy

>Linux mint + libre office.
Ez

I know most of you guys are sick and tired of Pajeets trying and failing to justify the use of windoze in $CURRENT_YEAR, but I still find it amusing as hell. :^)

This guy peppercarrot.com/ makes over 3k/month using only free as in freedumbs open sores software.

What is your excuse?

I know that this is bait but still:
GNOO/Linox is a system which is not compatible with most of professional/specialized software. Same goes for MacOS (it's a lot better in this aspect, though).
I can live without gayming and comfy things that w10 does but I can't live without the tools that help make a living.

Hmm odd thing is that Linux got me a job at help desk > technician > Jr. sys Admin and now a senior sys admin going for RHCSA without even finishing uni. Shit, truth be told I was NEET for few months before applying for a job at help desk as support agent.

I hope you can do the same or similar with Windows and Excel spread sheets. Not trolling, really wish you all the best user.

How is it related to linux? How can your shitty software ported without the code? There you go. Idiot.

If I need windows I can whip up a VM on my mac, to ez

I've been using libre office for 5 years now and it good for what I use it for, which is writing my dissertation. I use linux anyway so..

Semantics. The fact is - it is unusable for me.
Good luck with GPU heavy tasks. There is some fuckery with GPU passthrough + QEMU, though.

Can I still get/buy Office 2010 legally?
And would it (((upgrade))) itself to Office 2072 if I get it?

I make $2k/month from welfare and I use whatever software I want instead of "freeing myself" by restricting myself to only using software with certain autist-approved licenses.

>when your web comic is so bad that it can stay afloat only by advertising iself with some gimmick like free as in freedom license.

Isn't Microsoft Office capable to read and edit Open Document formats or does it fuck up? If not, why not simply use Open Document for everything?

My company uses office365 or whatever. A colleague sends you an excel sheet and you edit and send it back all from the comfort of Chrome on your MacOS or Ubuntu dev machine. I think libreoffice came with Ubuntu but I haven't touched it and don't really plan to.

Yep, web applications are the future. A bad one, though, because there is no bigger botnet than the browser itself.

itt
mouth-foaming buttblasted cumcrusted basement dwellers

i had to use Wangblows 10 for my internship
wasted more time sorting out Windows-specific problems rather than doing work

>Linux mint

guess I'm lucky to be a jobless neet neckbeard then

you do. It's luxury to be botnet free. I bet you still use smartphone, though.

I do and I will continue to do so. The thing is that people would just forget about me if I weren't in group chats and I don't wanna deal with that
It's not like anyone who would want my data doesn't have it, that war is already lost

Oh and I know that it can be used to listen to all my conersations but when I'm alone I don't talk and when I'm not alone other people have smartphones so that argument doesn't work

Fuck 10, I want control over the OS... 7 or 8.1 all the way nigga.

:-D

>Like being able to submit your work without having to worry about it not working on others people machines that will run excel, not open sores memeoffice.

That's it, nigger?

If there are no other issues, why wouldn't everyone just switch to libreoffice, wouldn't that solve the problem?

>It's not like anyone who would want my data doesn't have it, that war is already lost
Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now!

>when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor
those are called japanese

Well yes, I could buy a T60 for 100€, Libreboot it and then only use software and websites that respect privacy. As a matter of fact, I'll probably do just that so I have a completely free machine ready to use. But don't act as if the war isn't over. We can still free ourselves and educate the very few who are interested in privacy and free software but that is such a small fraction of those who are tech literate (which is a small fraction of people to begin with) that it almost doesn't make any difference, neither for us nor for whoever wants our data.

>pearl harbor
>germans
Top kek

>excel is unmatched in terms of functionality
Kek, I can't even open a spreadsheet with more than 1M lines in excel. How's that for functionality when half my files won't even work in it.

you really think that Sup Forums kiddies can understand a reference to a movie that was made before 2000?

>MS Office
Just let this meme fucking die lol. It's not a bad product, it's just that the vast, vast majority of people are better off just getting LibreOffice because it does just about everything MS Office does, just as good, but without a pay-wall.

Now I know that MS Office has more features, but most people don't even use those features. They just want a word processor/spreadsheet/powerpoint combo, and LibreOffice does all of those perfectly without having to pay or pirate.

What does Excel even have that LibreCalc doesn't?
>Visual Basic
>2017

Alright fag, you are lying through your teeth. I have Windows 10 on my work machine with Excel, and LibreCalc at home, when I take my work home the spreadsheet transfers over perfectly. You can kill yourself now.

sounds like you are self employed