So i'm moving out for college this month, cant leave parents with current internet because its somewhat not legal

So i'm moving out for college this month, cant leave parents with current internet because its somewhat not legal.

I've ordered a 4G setup to get them by for a year.

How badly did I fuckup Sup Forums?

4G? wouldn't it be easier to just get normal internet? that would also cost a lot less

why order from amazong stuff that you can easily walk out and buy at any electronics store

Son, why are you doing an autistic tier setup for your normie tier parents?

3rd world rural ireland. Only other option is a wISP called BlueboxBroadband and they are the real jews.

24 euros for 10up10down shared connection with 50+ people per base station.

Again, 3rd world. Plus have prime anyway.

> amazon prime
> 3rd world

If theres only the shit wISP around how are you getting an illegal connection

probably stealing internet from his neighbours

Prime goes to the UK address and is forwarded on to me

but then obviously, that begs the question, how the fuck did they get their internet if OP cant get anything decent

Not gonna comment on my shady shit because shady shit is shady. Im coming from another LTE provider that wont cover me because I am in a different country to them, so the connection runs across the border between Ireland and UK.

Not legal because comreg. They also wont service or fix anything if it breaks and it tends to do that alot because of the distance and other factors.

4G is the only option bar sata-lag-lite.

im familiar with shit internet in Wales too. they rolled out fibre in 2013 but before that i had 1mbps down. waiting 7 hours for a standard quality movie was fun

>college
i'd say you fucked up pretty bad. Enjoy your debt.

Someone who can relate!

Yeah so they have one WiSP with a monopoly here. We are getting a fiber roleout as part of the Irish National Broadband Plan but speaking to Chief Whip Joe McHugh it seems like thats 2022 before its done.

Kek

>debt
>college
>europe

Dude we moved to another home when I was a child but kept the old home for rent and it pays every month all of my possible expenses as a student.

And it is an underpaid apartment in a shitty zone.

Decent life cost and good public university

this

>shady shit
Irish truly are the niggers of Europe.

Jesus, that's fucking terrible. most 1st world countries seem to have 3rd world tier internet though.

best average connection speed in the world is Hong Kong.

27k for a bachelors isn't too bad, and I'm only paying 12k tuition because Wales is an impoverished region of the UK, so it makes more sense depending on where you live.

I's this your yearly tuition or for the whole degree

Yeah, seems to be like that because the established companies dont want to pay to upgrade and wont let new comp take over and provide better services

Im not as lucky as this guy, but Irish gov give me 6K a year as a grant (Free money yes tks) to live.

There will be some satellite provider around OP.
Get 2way sat setup and be done with it.

2way sat is expensive, slow and laggy. Seen it in action before locally and if that was the case could have gone with the shitty WiSP.

Your parent aren't gaming lad, they probably only care for their email, facebook (if they even use it) and possibly netflix shit.

Even 1000ms latency would be fine...

whole 3 years

BT has a monopoly on all the lines around here, so unless they decide to upgrade them (eg its profitable), it doesn't happen. the internet fee then includes a "line rental" fee that you pay to BT Openreach, the line maintainers

>"no, BT openreach is a totally seperate company and we dont use it for a monopoly at all."

whoa that's mental you're lucky

All the gain that you get from that fancy antenna is lost on all that cable.

That is true. Any providers you heard good things about for cheap with self install?

Yeah I lived in N. Ireland for ages. Exactly the same Openreach shit. Until Virgin came along and used cable it was fucking terrible. 15.99 linerental hidden in there.

Same fees there too 3.5k a year.

also, if your parents make below a certain threshold (even though most parents wouldn't be giving you fuck all anyway) then you get a grant for living expenses on top of the tuition grant.

im not eligible for that, but i have friends that are

Its low loss cable, but if you are right and it fucks with it ill relocate the modem to the attic.

I wish I could get this but I cant because I lived in Ireland for the last 3 years even though I have dual citizenship.

i'm not eligible i am just over the threshold my i asked to get a big maintenance loan though since the debt will probably last until i die

how much are you paying for 4g there, and what's the speed?

€15 is going to get me 15GB at about 65meg

i hope you get aids

>pays all of my expenses
Except internet lol

That wasnt OP

Not OP, internet for me is 25 more or less for ADSL and around 40€ for fiber, even less I think

i wasn't joking.