AirBnB

Am I too paranoid for refusing to provide my ID to book an AirBnB house?

Friends are pissed off. But I don't give a shit. Why should I provide a government issued ID to this website?

Other urls found in this thread:

airbnbhell.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why should I provide a government issued ID to this website?
It says it in the fucking image.

Get a fake id :^)

>normalfag wagecuck problems

Yeah but would they not abuse it? Perhaps sell the info to the highest bidder? My Bday date, Driver's License no. , and other info... all in the hands of a company.

>airbnb goes bankrupt
>all their assets, including millions of ID photo´s, get sold to the highest bidder
If I were you I'd just blank out the SSN, see if they allow it.

If they just want to match photos then send your ID with all that info covered when you scan it. Dumbass.

You are way to paranoid the fuck is wrong with you.

Literally just did that before you two commented. Great idea. Let's see if it goes through.

not that paranoid

didnt want to use my id for verification on bitcoin sites either, although its probably way more sketchier than airbnb, but my country explicitly says not to give away copies of ID/passport to third so at least im censoring all important parts

If they give you shit send them that screenshot and throw it back in their face.

let me know if it works user

>going outside
>ever

You brought this on yourself.

Not yet. Trying again.

"Hi user,

It’s difficult to see your ID in the photo you provided. To make sure it’s you, we’ll need a photo that clearly shows all of the information on your ID so we can confirm that it’s valid."

I just covered the day of my bday, and first 4 digits of my license no.

They want to make sure you're not some fucking psycho that will murder the family renting you the room.
Seems normal to me. You're going to stay in someone elses house, maybe even in a room while they live there
If you're not willing to prove you're who you say you are book a regular hotel.

Ok it worked. I covered the License No. and expiry date.

/thread

so they only cared about the DOB?

For the same fucking reason a hotel confirms who you are you fucking sperg.

Stallman would not be please, he only stays in hotels that accept foot cheese as payment with no ID

>Am I too paranoid
Yes

So the Jews can keep track on my traveling habits?

I mean, yeah, it's botnet, but I'm not renting my house out to a child rapist either. I'm pretty sure hotels have the same procedure.

Nice, thanks user. I tried to use it once and they only required a self pic then, which was bad enough. If I have to do it again in the future I will keep this in mind

why do people travel? you can see pics how every country looks on the net

Enjoy.
airbnbhell.com/