Librem5 crowdfund now has surpassed $200K

Librem5 crowdfund now has surpassed $200K
puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
>what is that?
Librem 5 is a security focused phone.
I uses matrix services though you do also have the option of using a sim card
It will have hardware based killswitches so that you can cut off power to your baseband chip ,camera ,mic, etc.
That, aside from making it more secure also increases your battery life.
It also runs normal Linux instead of android(Though an port of lineage or replicant is not impossible).

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've got nothing to hide

I've got nothing

except maybe your credit card info or your home address.All of which can be exposed through backdoors.

I've got

Who puts credit card info on your phone? You're just asking for it to be stolen

>linux instead of android
You know Android is better mobile optimized, right?

Everyone who uses their phone to pay for things.

capitalism will eventually fail

>using android pay

Maybe you did a credit card transaction using the same email you use on your phone. Maybe that email is also linked to Steam or a Console account.
you mean the GUI?
because android is shit when it comes to security,speed,battery life. Mostly because of all the java that is in there and the google services reporting back at google 24/7

Maybe one day we can just all return to hunter and gatherer societies

Android has a actual permissions system, background service restrictions, and easily handles screen rotation.

I think we'll all die instead

I wish it would but right now it doesn't look like it's going to do this anytime soon. I mean, just look at a laughably bad state of free softwate.

>permissions system
I'll give you that telling an app not to use your camera is great but you know what's better than that? Killswitches
>background service restrictions
desktop linux has that too
>easily handles screen rotation
Even the ubuntu phone can do that.
The Librem 5 if crowd funded has a scheduled release date in 2019. Plus GNOME(which is their likely choice of a Desktop Environment can already handle screen rotation pretty well.

>you need hardware kill switches because your hardware can't restrict the camera

operating system*
dammit i'm retarded

also newer android does more than tell an app not to use the camera but also uses selinux to restrict access

looks like shit

2 pajeets and 1 jew
im sure this will work

Are you an idiot? If there electricity going through a device then it can be accessed What part of security focused do you not understand?
Concept art

>13.47% of goal
Well they won't hit it. I'd pledge if it had some chance.

if they can't make it look good in concept it'll look even worse in real life

BTFO

When you have no idea what your final product will look like you make a simple design so that you can pass an idea around.

mini-rant:ALSO TECHNOLOGY IS NOT A FASHION STATEMENT. LEARN TO RESPECT THE ENGINEERS BEHIND A DEVICE,

This is what canonical aimed for indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge#/

such a shame

We certainly will. But perhaps our future ancestors will return to hunter and gatherer societies. Not your ancestors though. You probably won't pass on any lineage of your own.

sad

this is what happens when you get a bunch of autist engineers making stuff. it's a product. it needs to sell. if it looks good, it'll have a better chance of selling.

>future ancestors
you shouldn't pass on any of your own genes either

it already fell but boomers pretend its corpse can go on
we're fucked