>no winamp
>no games
>no foobar
>no winrar
>no windows movie maker
>no photoshop
>no paint 3D
>no regedit

How can linux fags even defend this? The alternatives to all these programs arent viable. Gimp is a piece of garbage and named after a sexual fetish portrayed in the movie pulp fiction.

Other urls found in this thread:

rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-x64-5.5.0.tar.gz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How can linux fags even defend this?
Generally they wouldn't try unless they used Arch.

>no regedit
Remind me, who the fuck thought that gconf is a good idea?

>No WinAmp
I don't listen to much music. When I do, I usually make use of my Rockbox device or Amarock on my computer. I don't suffer from Baby Duck Syndrome and use new software on a regular basis.

>No games
I don't play them often. When I do, AssaultCube is enough.

>No foobar
Don't need it.

>No WinRar
Jesus christ? Use the built-in unzip tools. You can unzip rars wew

>No windows movie maker
wew lad

>No photoshop
GIMP works enough for maymays

>paint 3d
maymay

>regedit
doesn't apply

oh fuck you're back

Are you AwesomeOne on YouTube or is that another guy?

>muh gaaaames
Grow up.

>no regedit.

>winamp
qmmp with winamp skin
>games
more than 2500+ games in steam
>foobar
deadbeef
>winrar
tar
>windows movie maker
not necessary
>photoshop
krita
>paint 3D
not necessary
>regedit
dconf

The movie maker part wasn't a joke. There is litteraly no video software out there that can compete with movie maker for ease of use and reliability.

Also, i forgot to mention, linux has neither reason nor fruityloops.

so much bait

Are you mentally ill?

Also before you answer, that was rhetorical.

So you're saying Linux runs better because it doesn't have bloat slowing it down?

Openshot

>star circle pepper
???

Kdenlive, bitwig, lmms

'grow up' ever had a hobby? Besides Linux, i plan on dual booting to Linux because i hate windows but it's obvious when people say 'grow up' they mean they can't come up with a VALID ARGUMENT that's not based on OPINION
Like this user 'i don't use it, don't need it' literally not asking what you like, asking to provide VALID REPLACEMENTS, op should also stop shit posting since hes terrible at it and this is obvious bait, although to see the same points made with no real backup is pretty stupid

wtf people are replying

>people putting serious thought into refuting OP
bring back text boards

Thank you for valid things listed

Hold up. OP didn't say he wanted alternatives. He said he wanted GNU/Linux users to defend their position. See

>How can linux fags defend this?

Either way OP should shoot himself for making a shitty template thread

You right, my bad for sperging out , from all of the windows vs linux threads i just assumed

Linux having so many things to complain this fucking bait doesn't even bother to mention them, instead mention some random crap
stop replying to bait fucking idiot, sage and move on

Kind of proves the barrier to entry for Linux is extremely low already.

>Why windows will never become a viable desktop os

>no package management
>no security
>no stability
>no usable terminal
>no open source software
>no development tools
>no performance
>no games

How can windows fags even defend this? The alternatives to all this software infrastructure arent viable. Windows is a piece of garbage and named after an NSA back door implanted to steal everything from the user and sell it to the highest bidder.

>no windows movie maker

funfact for people that complain about people replying to bait: you don't make people stop replying. Stop trying.

People will reply to topics they see fit to reply to. You're not going to change that. By complaining about bait, you take a thread that could - despite being bait - bring discussion and then shit on it. Just stop.

2/10 for effort.

>bait
>bring discussion

I will give you the no devwlopment tools thing. Trying to install python on windows is like jerking off with sand paper.

>regedit
this runs on wine

>>'grow up' ever had a hobby?
>muh gaaames is my hobby
Get a productive hobby, loser.

In all fairness the same could be said about technology as a personal hobby. People have every right to play Starcraft as I have the right to fuck around with ebuilds.

I think that if people want to play video games - sure, go ahead. But don't come to Sup Forums and shit about how GNU/Linux is shit. Just don't use it. It's really that simple!

"Technology" as a hobby (could you get any more vague?) can often develop skills that can apply to practical problems or help your career development. Playing games does jack shit, it throws away your time with no return whatsoever.
>inb4 you tell me about how much it's improved your reflexes and hand-eye coordination
Yeah, I'm sure your day job is flying fighter jets.

Fair enough. How about "GNU/Linux" as a hobby. Sure, it can help you grow sysadmin chops. But how many of us are actually sysadmins? How many starcraft players play it as an esport?

People should be free to engage in their hobbies without a concrete reason. Stop being an elitist.

>winamp
>2017

anyone mind explaining the lack of good games for linux? is it just an issue with the drivers or the studios dgaf?

Thank you user, literally exactly what people need to hear

>free
>rights
Nobody forbids you to do whatever you like, autistic retard. Just like others are free to judge you based on your actions and infantile hobbies.

>But how many of us are actually sysadmins?
More than you might think...

Though even more of us are probably developers. Programming as a hobby on gnew loonux builds skills that CAN be used to advance your career development, or at least solve practical problems for yourself at home.

>How many starcraft players play it as an esport?
Don't pretend you do.

>People should be free to engage in their hobbies without a concrete reason
Relax autismo, I'm not treading on your rights. I'm just criticizing how you choose to spend your time. Part of living in a free society is being subjected to people like me who are free to speak their mind about people like you.

Windows wasn't all that viable back in the old days, but it was all there was unless you wanted to pay a fucking fortune for apples stuff. Windows WAS the only desktop choice and it took hold because what the fuck else choice did you have? All the software you listed was because of it. If linux had the development that windows had back then, it would be the dominating OS right now.

TIL: Shitting on people for playing video games as a hobby is technology and is fit for technology discussion

I wine foobar very happily.

>"hey Sup Forums, how do you defend not playing games?"
>gets a response
>HELP HELP I'M BEING OPPRESSED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

s/$/\ for\ me/
really, those of us who actually use it don't care, we use it because it works better for us than whatever else, nobody cares whether or not it's viable for you, it's not like we are missing out on a whole lot not having YOU as a user

Video games are software.

>Hey Sup Forums, how do you guys live without Firefox? lol
>FUCK YOU FIREKEK FAGGOT NIGGER BITCH MANCHILD YOU LITERALLY USE FIREKEK NIGGERBITCH WEB BROWSER HOLY SHIT MANCHILD SHOOT YOURSELF
>123 replies omitted. Click to expand.

In my perspective (just as valid as yours) games are fun, not productive but still fun, as you may find fun in doing more work or building skills, good on ya but you shouldn't be a elitist about how you have fun, just makes it seem like your doing it solely to post on Sup Forums about it

>fuck around with ebuilds
the ultimate hobby

>I don't need it so that excuses the non-existance of features 99% of people want/use

>how do you live without games on linux Sup Forums
>games are a waste of your time user
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OFF TOPIC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>no regedit

*sigh* this is a troll thread, right?

Obviously.

Baiting on Sup Forums is way too easy nowadays, it's really sad to watch.

>No games
Civ 5 is all anyone needs, faggot.

>I will continue to be an asshole about everything, and instead of actually proposing alternatives to video games on GNU/Linux, such as using WINE, I will just call the user retarded or say they are wasting their time and move on

This logic can be applied to GNU/Linux. Video players. Music players. Configuring mpv. Optimizing something. Pretty much anything.

This is a bait thread, not a thread asking for advice on using Wine. You bait about linux not having games, so I prod you for your unproductive hobbies. Tit for tat user. Turnabout is fair play; don't get mad just because your bait thread backfired and ended up getting you triggered.

OP is clearly satirical

The regedit part was a joke. Dont be autistic. The rest is valid /op

I literally switch to linux when I started using python. It's impossible to get anything done without pain in the ass on windows and everything is justwerkz on linux by default.

nice bait

> no winamp
xmms/audacious are winamp clones, you can also run winamp in wine

rhythmbox/mpd/mpv/clementine are pretty nice though

> no games
We have native steam with indies, civ, Valve's games

Also wine can run most dx9 games like Skyrim, WoW, FFXIV, etc...

>no foobar
runs in wine

> no windows movie maker
it's not on modern versions of Windows either kek

We have openshot/kdenlive which are okay, apparently the windows xp version of WMM runs in Wine but it's shit anyways

>no winrar
rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-x64-5.5.0.tar.gz

> no photoshop
Some versions run in wine

We have gimp/krita which are okay for casual editing.

>no regedit
wine regedit.exe

text config files are better anyways

>AAA games are the only good games
I love elona+, you should try it sometime. It's basically the only game you'll need for a long while

literally all of those things except photoshop and games suck black cock

?
Are you saying a person should be productive even within their free time?
I'm SURE you do that, considering that you're on fucking Sup Forums.

>regedit
wew, lad

desu this is the only criticism i cant get past. Blender is complicated af and openshot, while good, keeps fucking crashing. I would try Kdenlive if it didnt use the entire KDE desktop environment as dependencies

ok I know this pointless but lets do it:

>no winamp
wine can do that

>no games
games are a taste thing.. great games here too

>no foobar
wine can do that

>no winrar
no need rar and unrar are here

>no windows movie maker
wth?

>no photoshop
gimp can do that

>no paint 3D
don't you even dare to start with that before your tried blender

>no regedit
strange editor interface for a holy cfg file? use the editor your want and like to change your OS

>no winamp
Clementine or the other thousands of music players

>no games
Not true anymore

>no foobar
People actually use it?

>no winrar
It's usually built into the distro so this doesn't matter

>no windows movie maker
Kdenlive

>photoshop
Inkscape or GIMP hell even krita

>paint 3D
That's a meme anyway

>regedit
dconf editor

>no winamp
>no foobar
There are many alternatives, foobar is probably still better though. foobar runs well on Wine though.

>no games
less than Windows, but it's definitely improving. If it's very important to you, use Windows/dual boot.

>no Winrar
>no windows movie maker
>no paint 3D
>no regedit
lmao

>no photoshop
Runs on Wine. Gimp is a decent alternative as well

>Using foobar and winrar as arguments
They're just simple music and archive programs hahaha winfags seriously believe we don't have music players and archive software? Man what a bunch of niggers

thanks op

>regedit
B-but Linux doesn't even use registries...

>people think this shit is bait.
lol
linux is shit

>no games
seriously what the fuck do you play? 99% of modern games are shit, most good old games have FOSS ports or alternativse, and Sonic Mania runs like butter on wine.
if your game doesn't run on Linux it's probably trash anyway

>Regedit
>Not bait
Pick one. Regedit is a Windows only piece of software to manage their garbage registry system

>baiting
>easy nowadays
spotted the newfag. bait has always been the easiest shit to do on every single board since the dawn of this god forsaken site. anyone who says
>lol so easy to bait nowadays xd
are just newfags larping as oldfags.

>no winamp
>2k17
What you even need Winamp for?

>winar
>tar
definitely similar user

>no winamp
plenty of other music players
>no games
not true
>no foobar
who gives a shit
>no winrar
archive manager is fine
>no windows movie maker
thank the Lord
>no photoshop
unless you're a graphic designer, why give a shit?
>no paint 3D
Linux has a wide array of shitty painting programs
>no regedit
so? windows registry is nothing to brag about, and something that configures reg files isn't something that blows anyone's minds.

>90% of my computer science class has used or is using linux

Felt kind of odd

it has been eight years since i first posted on Sup Forums and you autistic faggots still haven't realized how stupid this "Desktop OS" term is and don't instantly disregard any post using it seriously

Some of us just like the UI. Having multiple windows for breaking down searches instead of just album by alphabet is nice for those of us still stuck in 2004 and have a shit ton of music on our desktop.

>>no games
>not true
kek
>unless you're a graphic designer, why give a shit?
more people use photoshop than gahnoo plus lincucks combined
>Linux has a wide array of shitty painting programs
yet it has no 3d cad application, even stallman admits this is a huge shortcoming if linux
and good luck running autocad or solidworks under wine
>so? windows registry is nothing to brag about, and something that configures reg files isn't something that blows anyone's minds.
so you would rather edit random dotfiles spread all over the place and wait for the next update of your browser to break alsa and your network card with it? kek

>more people use photoshop than gahnoo plus lincucks combined
good for those that feel they need to use it.
as for your other points, the only reason paint3d is used is the same reason paint was used. there is no real use for it beyond shit memes and the occasional fast touchup. i could give a shit about that having no alternative.
Things break, registry or not. And it's always been more of a pain in the ass fixing registry errors.

GIMP is a joke. Please don't ever try to defend it.

A GIMP is fine, too.

Made me kek, ignore all the retards seriously responding

Linux will never be viable because it's maintainers are fucking autistic narcissist nerds. It's users aren't too far behind. They put all their eggs in the ubuntu basket who promptly shat the bed. Everything just stalled out like a decade ago and no one has a clue.

I haven't used photoshop in 20 years. What exactly is so great about it? Also, are you sure you're not an adobe employee?

>Linux isn't viable
>It runs everything except the desktop market
>They (the users?) Put all their eggs in Ubuntu basket
What does that even mean? There are other distributions that are normie friendly.
>Everything just stalled out a decade and no one has a clue
What are you even talking about? What stalled? Ubuntu? The kernel itself? Things are released for Linux distributions quite frequently. Stop being vague and instead be clear in what you're referring to

You really reeled em in

But it's a bit too obvious

obviously a butt hurt, winfag that tried and failed at linux

>I'm bullied at work only to be bullied at home. It leaves me no energy to configure something nice for myself because those around me make me believe I don't deserve nice things.

>dependencies
Why do you care?
It doesn't install the desktop and it doesn't break anything else you use so why is this a problem?
I have used kdenlive a lot and it works much better than movie maker.

Paint is not a CAD tool anywhere near inventor.
It would be cool to have a good alternative or have support for inventor on gnu/Linux though.

And yes, I would rather have a config file for each application.
They are not spread all over the place, they are always in predictable places and uses sane names so it is easy to find them.
And things break so rarely developers gets scolded if they fuck up.

This, really. Something went wrong with it a long while ago yet they kept on going

>movie maker and regedit
horrible bait wtf is happening to this board?
I agree with the photoshop thing but if you don't work with that who cares?

>AssaultCube
Hello friend

>no winamp
There is Amarok, that does its thing well. Also is it 2003 again?
>no games
Personally I do not play games, but I heard my colleauge talking about playing XCOM2, Serious Sam, etc. on his Ubuntu box, so I guess its that difficult.
>no foobar
Never used it, but isn't this the same category as winamp?
>no winrar
unrar utility maybe?
>no windows movie maker
Blender can do this, and even more
>no photoshop
GIMP or Krita, and I would not be suprised, if other tools were availanle too.
>no paint 3D
Literally what?
>no regedit
Gconf, thank god I don't have to use either.

Now tell me does windows have a command line tool for automatic image editing that is not imagemagic?

>Now tell me does windows have a command line tool for automatic image editing that is not imagemagic?
why would you need another program? regular users don't care whether software is gpl or not, they will just use whatever works. the lincucks are the ones with an issue

acme+ffplay
doom, emulators
acme+ffplay
tar, zip, gzip, etc
suckless blind
9front paint
bloat
ed, but really config files considered harmful.