MAC vs PC

>b- b- but the mac is a PC
>aaand Apple """""invented""""" the PC
Hey dumbbitch, what kind of computer do you have?
>I don't have a computer i have a mac.

Why do fucking normies fall for this fucking bullshit type of marketing? Applefags will argue that their mac isnt even a computer, its a whole separate device known as a mac. How do you even begin to combat this level of stupidity? Also any applehate is appreciated

tell application "Applefag" display dialog "It just works."

Other urls found in this thread:

pre14.deviantart.net/95e8/th/pre/f/2014/155/0/2/chaika_trabant_by_phluxxor-d7kgdrd.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I don't have a computer i have a mac.
Said no one, never
Here's your (You), now fuck off.

>t. mactoddler

pc = ibm compatible pc; and macs werent such devices until mid 2000s

Y'know as faggy as that ad campaign was at least it had personality. Tech ads now are all about showing ultra close up edges of the device as it floats through outer space. Fake and gay.

>that ad campaign
I loved the one about office suites.

>I'm a PC. I can do spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and other useful office tasks
>I'm a Mac. I can... manage your vacation photos I guess.

>im a pc, i can replace a broken computer part
>im a mac, i pay to have my computer serviced

I'll let you into a secret of mine, I sometimes say I'm a Macfag just to get reactions

>mac versus pc
>mac versus personal computer
>not mac versus windows computers
It's apple marketing to make mac monkeys think they're in an entirely different class than "PC users."

I always thought these ads were misleading, everyone knows PC's are the loose, easy-going choice since they had games

>being this wrong

Holy Hell, do I hate Apple. Twenty years ago I was the biggest Applefag fan boi there ever was. But that was before Steve Jobs returned to Apple and "saved" it by building overpriced candy-colored computers and selling 21st century Walkmans to kids. Slowly but surely, my love turned to hate. OSX was the first crushing disappointment, with its baby toy "lickable" UI and snail slow performance. Then iTunes got worse and worse with every new version. Grotesque, extreme skeuomorphism ruled the Apple-verse until Steve got a hard-on for MS's Metro bullshit, which caused the entire software universe to swing to the other extreme of ascetic "flat" design with no affordances or clues to tell what's content and what's UI. When Steve finally died, things just got worse, since he left his vision-less, bean-counting fuck buddy as CEO. Apple embarked on a death march to remove features from their products: ditch the headphone jack, Macbook charges via the one and only USB port on the device, etc... instead of updating the Mac Pro, they launch a "pro" iMac. Instead making their laptops convertible with touchscreens and support for iOS apps, they add the fucking retarded touch bar to the Macbook Pro, letting MS and Google get ahead by years! But Apple has so many billions they could switch to only shipping white boxes literally full of shit (instead of the metaphorical shit they ship today) and it would still take them a decade to go bankrupt. I could go on and on.... Fuck Apple, fuck Tim Cook, and piss on Steve Job's grave!

go back to r*ddit

applefag ==redditfag
(You) == faggot

Has this even been relevant in the last decade?

HOLY FUCK I NEED THE WALLPAPER

PLEASE

I'd still rather this style of marketing than what they're going for now. God I hate this trend of 'random impressive numbers and smug slogans' being all you need to sell a phone or computer.

may the wallpaper reach you

pre14.deviantart.net/95e8/th/pre/f/2014/155/0/2/chaika_trabant_by_phluxxor-d7kgdrd.png

they don't even do this anymore

but I agree specs are a meme
its how microsoft shilled its surface laptop

I have a macbook pro and just call it a laptop or computer. I refuse to refer to a product by its brand name.

The term "Personal Computer" was popularized by IBM PC. This gave rise to 8086's popularity. In parallel, Macintoshes continued to use Motorola or PowerPC processors throughout their lifecylce. For the longest time, both platforms were completely different. It's all about brand recognition. Same reason your parents may call any game console a Nintendo.

>if its not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone

It did! Thanks

>pre14.deviantart.net/95e8/th/pre/f/2014/155/0/2/chaika_trabant_by_phluxxor-d7kgdrd.png

I could never use this in publc. Image the weird looks.

>"I don't have a personal computer"
>I use a monolithic IBM mainframe. :^)

clever

Hay guise wats goin on in this thred

That ad campaign was in a textbook for a business class I took, as an example of how the message you think you're sending might not be how the audience perceives it. A lot of people looked on the Mac guy as the stereotypical pretentious too-good-for-you asshole, and the PC as a relateable everyman. If I remember right it hurt Apple's sales in some markets.

Do you know what pc(personal computer) stands for

do you know anything about normal people

HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE.
GIMME COMMANDS PLOS.