Post and discuss DAPs.

Other urls found in this thread:

spit.mixtape.moe/view/fefcb363
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unpopular opinion:
Sansa Clip and Fiio X1 are shit.

just use your phone

no

I have a hifiman super mini. It's pretty ok.

spit.mixtape.moe/view/fefcb363

>10 hr battery
Fuck off.

Why not? I like DAPs but on my phone i can listen to my playlist on Google Music, if I get bored switch to my podcasts, if I get bored go on YouTube and listen to a vaporwave stream, if I get bored listen to chiptune on one of the various 8-bit radio apps, if I get bored switch to Spotify, if I get bored switch to the Sirius XM app .. And many more.

tell me the player with the best AUDIO quality

I can listen to playlists and podcasts on my DAP, never really listen to streams. Plus I'm not giving up a clickwheel for a touchscreen.

I will say, i still have a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra and would never part with that piece of gold.

iBasso DX200

don't have one

>hi-res audio

But what does that mean?

you can do that on your phone too
you SHOULD give up the clickwheel you luddite

Audio CDs have 44.1KHz 16bit audio. Hi-res audio is anything beyond that, usually it's 96KHz or 192KHz and 24Bit but there are other bitrates available.

will a normal human being EVER notice the difference

I believe it's possible to hear the difference between 16bit 44.1KHz and 24bit 96KHz if you're an experienced audiophile (trained in listening specifically for slight differences in how different equipment sounds) with good source material and very good headphones.
Other than that it's just an expensive hobby.

not a normal one

i dont judge, i just wonder if its actually a real measurable difference
but i mean i've spent close to 15 grand getting every edition of ipad and iphone (working on every ipod but its expensive getting good condition)

>will a normal human being EVER notice the difference

PONO

probably no but D/A conversion process will not need to apply oversampling and brickwall filtering

I have han X1 for nearly two years I think and haven't had any issue with it.
>Fiio X1
It works fine.

You might be able to tell the difference with the increased bit depth but the sample rate is 100% pure snake oil unless you are changing play speed.

envy is not just the state where las vegas is located

> has never used an amp

low sampling rate is good for shit music so it doesn't waste space

What?

Hmmm??

it has its flaws but its certainly not shit

He/she probably meant a headphone amplifier

You need an amplifier of some kind to listen to music at all. Even if a dedicated amp was meant, what difference does it make? Amps don't improve sound at all, they just increase the power of a signal. What does that have to do with hearing inaudible frequencies?

I use an old Zune HD Platinum I bought mint off of craigslist. Works great, but the only thing I wish I could do was just transfer music over without having to use the zune software.

Nowadays we have combinations of external DACs (digital to analogue converters) with headphone amplifiers that you can connect to your computer through USB. Pic related.

best audio player for $50 or less?

>still have old 80gig ipod that works flawlessly
>battery life runs for fucking days

I usually hate apple and itunes, but Winamp with a few nice plugins works amazing with old ipods.

No shit sherlock, it's still not going to let you hear a difference above a 44 kHz sampling rate.

Only if you listen for it and have the right equipment, cymbals are a dead giveaway.

what the fuck

>you can do that on your phone too
No shit, my DAP works better for it though.
>you SHOULD give up the clickwheel you luddite
Nah, I'm not interested in downgrading.