THE GAY GENE: New AI can guess whether gay or straight from photograph

An algorithm deduced the sexuality of people on a dating site with up to 91% accuracy raising tricky ethical questions

archive.is/2017.09.08-023213/https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/07/new-artificial-intelligence-can-tell-whether-youre-gay-or-straight-from-a-photograph

The study from Stanford University – which found that a computer algorithm could correctly distinguish between gay and straight men 81% of the time, and 74% for women – has raised questions about the biological origins of sexual orientation, the ethics of facial-detection technology and the potential for this kind of software to violate people’s privacy or be abused for anti-LGBT purposes. The machine intelligence tested in the research, which was published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology and first reported in the Economist, was based on a sample of more than 35,000 facial images that men and women publicly posted on a US dating website. The researchers, Michal Kosinski and Yilun Wang, extracted features from the images using deep neural networks, meaning a sophisticated mathematical system that learns to analyze visuals based on a large dataset

The research found that gay men and women tended to have “gender-atypical” features, expressions and “grooming styles”, essentially meaning gay men appeared more feminine and vice versa. The data also identified certain trends, including that gay men had narrower jaws, longer noses and larger foreheads than straight men, and that gay women had larger jaws and smaller foreheads compared to straight women. Human judges performed much worse than the algorithm, accurately identifying orientation only 61% of the time for men and 54% for women. When the software reviewed five images per person, it was even more successful – 91% of the time with men and 83% with women. Broadly, that means “faces contain much more information about sexual orientation than can be perceived and interpreted by the human brain” the authors wrote

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cI2Ov6IKPhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So certain aesthetics can linked to a person being gay.

*can be

yea gay face is real thing. it's been known about for a while now.

It probably detects lesbians based on warning colouration in their hair. Gays also take better care of their hair.

Shit, Where can I get this thing?

people are even better at detecting it. you may be autistic if your gaydar is that broken.

>literal uppity fags contort their faces into something hideous and unmistakable
no shit

Retard.
I'm not going to go around through thousands of pictures by myself.

FUCK

Now my college bros might find out I'm gay.

Literally the first thing that came to my mind.
Good thing it's not publicly available.

Can it tell if you're gay even if you don't think you're are gay?

I bet it wouldn't be able to tell that I beat off to traps

Was thinking this

False-positive :)

Testosterone plays a role in facial develop. Gay men lack testosterone so it makes sense that they have distinguishable features.

Kinda want to see whether it thinks I'm gay or not.

91% sounds a little more sure than even I am.

if it tells you that you're gay and you're not gay you have to start sucking dicks that's the rules

>He needs a bit to tell him he's gay af

it's also why gay men go for female dominated jobs more than straight men.
testosterone makes you more likely to be interested in systems, estrogen makes you more likely to be interested in people/socializing

could this thing decide once and for all if liking traps is gay?

Still doesn't explain why pro/g/ramming has so many homosexuals. And all these sodomites are the ones making six figures while your average American suffers in the streets.

Traps not gay

gays are also drawn to nerdy subcultures.
anime, computers, video games, they see these subcultures as safer for them from a young age rather than trying to keep up with chads and normal people with normal interests.

Yet people that socialize make more money. Dumbass.

Ahaha fucking some tight boypucci on a pile of cash right now while poor fuckers like you cry

Because socialization has more emotion to it and uses less analytical skills. Emotion is an estrogen leaning trait. Gay men feel more comfortable with women because they aren't as dominate.

>the average american isn't a sodomite

Not according to the study

And you can assume one has autism here anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=cI2Ov6IKPhw

Hell sounds like a more fun place than heaven. Enjoy no succubus.

But can I still fuck boypucci in hell?

So what you're telling me is Futurama accurately predicted the gaydar?

>And all these sodomites are the ones making six figures while your average American suffers in the streets.

Except they burnout before they hit 40 and they either live out of a van or become homeless for the rest of their life. So when you look at life time achievement we are still earning much more than faggots are. Most fags don't even live long enough to collect their social security savings either.

I'd smash

Are you angry?

I shit you not, as a gay person I can tell who's gay just by looking at their face. I notice a massive trend in certain gays from certain ethnic groups. I would 100% believe this.

kek

>gay men had narrower jaws, longer noses and larger foreheads

I need to know what folder this should go in. Trap or not? If not, the folder it goes in is the garbage.

that's just an ugly girl

yeah

>I notice a massive trend in certain gays from certain ethnic groups. I would 100% believe this.

Mixed people and Jewish people tend to be the most gay. I've noticed this in major cities.

So if you're a bear the AI instantly believes you are straight?

What does that have to do with anything, you butthurt retard?

I think claiming it was a false-positive will be quite worse than just owning it.

Traps are confused homos.

Who are you talking to? Who is "this thing"?

Gay people are more attractive. Next

It doesn't really matter what they are so long as they don't go full retard and think that they're actually a girl and cut off body parts.
If they want to make themselves feminine to make them more attractive to men, then that is gay. But when they're bouncing on your dick you don't care.

Perhaps saved by jaw.

Blow it out your ass

>So if you're a bear the AI instantly believes you are straight?

Maybe, but how many bears are actually on Sup Forums anyway?

A lot of the gay people I've seen who are both sassy and are european heritage like italians have very curved (non-jewish) noses and small foreheads, generally like having hair very short and are usually always bottoms. Little things like that you can pinpoint. But yeah mixed people just kinda have no chill.

W-why would there be any bears here? This is a human board for humans like us, after all.

Yes, also pedophiles too.
Both are caused by an imbalanced distribution of endocrine provided by the mother during prenatal, which release during puberty. There's different types of it, and they affect the growth of the child mentally and physically. Usually homosexuals or trans will have obviously more feminine features, elongated fingers, or some other shit, it affects the whole body.
I don't know if it's really a gay gene though, or just a result of certain circumstances, because it does depend on both the mother and the child.

>The paper suggested that the findings provide “strong support” for the theory that sexual orientation stems from exposure to certain hormones before birth, meaning people are born gay and being queer is not a choice.

Lol nobody except Christcucks think that gay is a choice.

You become gay from:

1) Your mother having poor health and nutrition, causing you develop poorly in the womb. (women eating soy products)
2) Having poor health and nutrition as a child, causing you develop poorly as a child. (children not being breastfed by a healthy mother or drinking soy or sugar products as a child, etc)
3) Sexual abuse or exposure to sexuality at a very early age.
4) Emotional abuse as a child from insane or unstable parents.
5) Having a single mother, negligent father or having foster parents that just want to take care of kids for the benefits.
6) Being affected by estrogenic toxicity as a child, such as BPA in plastic.
7) Being mixed race, which starts your lack of identity issues.
8) Having a poor family environment such as being raised by non-tradtional guardians such being adopted by gays or being raised by people living in a poly-amorous setting where there's no stability or structure.
9) Being the youngest and least noticed child in a family dominated by the opposite sex.

Every gay person has more than one of these things in their background. It's not a choice and its not genetic. It's growing up with major problems from the womb and into childhood.

So how long till I can run my face through it?

>have long nose
>have narrow jaw
>have larger forehead
B-but I have a gf and I've never been attracted to men...

>very curved (non-jewish) noses and small foreheads,

This is usually due to lack of nutrition and physical activity as a child.

Gays tend to love veganism, soy products, high-carb diets, and other poor nutritional choices.

homosexual is an oxymoron, because sexuality only exists between man and women. there is no "sexuality" between a man and a fence with a hole in it, like there is none between two men. sodomy is an act, a choice, even if you have desire for it.

Not the previous user but bear as in gay dudes that are larger, muscular, and slightly pudgy

all of this is incorrect

>I can run my face through it?

You don't need AI. You just have to look at your face structure and background.

Got a narrow face and small features as a man? You're probably gay.

Had a lot of weird stuff happen to you as a kid like your uncle touching you or being the only boy raised by women with no father around? You're probably gay.

Every gay I know has been a beer loving, steak eating man who tf you hang around? Go to more rural areas.

Very hard to guess.

Is 91% probability of success is good for a classification algorithm?

Stealing this look tbqh senpai

>bear as in gay dudes that are larger, muscular, and slightly pudgy

Those are the gays who werent affected by poor nutrition as a child to become rail-thin little twink fags, but were abused or neglected as children.

Every bear has a story about how he had sex at a very young age or was abused or got into a bathtub with another boy who touched him or the father just wasn't around during his childhood.

Honestly this isn't that amazing. Google already knows your sexuality, and your smartphone knows, too. It also knows your location for the Schutzstaffel

yes

>Every gay I know has been a beer loving

Beer is estrogenic. Real men do not consume beer like that. Such men are fat and grow tits like a woman.

>Jewish company
>SS

yeah ok libertarian

>gay men lack testosterone
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Last time I checked the going theory for gay men was that there was a type of gene expression for a specific alleel that esentially doubled attraction to men. It was very benefitial in females for obvious reasons. DTF girls make more babies. But when it happened in men it made them attracted to men in addition and sometimes to the exclusion of women.

But they were having trouble finding out if it actually did it because there are so manything that can influence genes after the fact. So maybe it was a combo of this and 9 other things.

Love to see some proof for the
>gay men are sissy boys with no testosterone hypothesis.

Please go Freud

>implying a Jew would tell you things like this

I have been told I have a lesbian face but I am extremely straight.

that's because it's looking at facial structure which relates to developmental hormones
homosexuality still isn't a gene and is still a defect

lesbian faces are usually male-looking.

Some Jews are more sexual than others.

I love when people say homosexuality isn't a defect when your desire to produce children and keep the species going is basically shut off in favor of putting your dick in a poo hole.

I have a square jawline.

what?
it's a fact that testosterone and estrogen influences human interests even from birth.
having good social skills statistically improves your chances of having a good career but interest in social fields are feminine statistically as well.
There's a difference between being social in a technical field and just being in a social field.
I think it's very obvious that people can be gay for different reasons.
Not all gay people have the same genetic predisposition identified by the research you're talking about, not all gay people are "sissies" or have interests in feminine dominated fields.

There is definitely a correlation between masculinity and homosexuality in men though, identified by this AI in facial structure as well as in a disparity in statistic trends of interests.
It's highly possible there are multiple classes of gay people, some that are very intrinsically feminine from the day they're born and those who are otherwise masculine but have grown to realize an attraction to men because of other influencing factors.

Square jawlines are male.

Gay males typically have no jawline or weak jawlines.

Bears with a jawline are typically the produce of abuse or some other insanity as a child.

Nope. AI needs more training

Because there's such a huge shortage of humans right? We totally need MORE people on this fucking planet.

>having good social skills statistically improves your chances of having a good career but interest in social fields are feminine statistically as well.

Being social in general is a good thing for every human to have. This is not a woman thing. It's just that women are typically not interested in anything that isn't social.

pshh breeders amirite

underrated

I think people need to realize that being normal is not a big deal.
Being gay is not normal.
Both statistically and in terms of our biology, homosexuality is an anomaly.
And that's perfectly fine.
We can't "cure" it, and homosexuals don't want to be cured anyway.
Like many other defects it's just how you are and it doesn't stop you enjoying life.
People should just accept that instead of trying to force the idea that homosexuality is normal.

literally what I said from the start though.
I said women are interested in social fields, not that being social is a women's thing.

>We totally need MORE people on this fucking planet.

We need less niggers. If we didn't have niggers, who typically have 10 welfare babies who turn into crooks, we would be fine as a population.

Nobody likes niggers.

Nobody complains about having more white people except liberals and Jews.

I bet you will look at this graph and say Blacks aren't a problem but everybody else is.

I love how you have zero understanding of how biology works.

Are peacock tails a defect when they objectively make it harder to survive?
Or are they a boon because they bring in the bird pussy?

Its not babies over everything mang.

Look up group selection. It might clear up a few things

There is not 1 iota of proof in your entire post.

Just saying obvious is not proof.

Then start breeding you moron

Great, pop out some more so you can fill my quota.
t. spic

I am.

Stop voting for people who support African aid.

I think facial recognition technology should be used on r9k - then we will have a true reason to be called 'robot'

When you post instead of being labelled anonymous, the software determines and labels your disability: depressed, massive asymmetry, homosexuality, or just plain being melanin-enriched. Then we can truly reach out to each other and stop the charade of calling each other beta. There is a spectrum of disability and we should target each one for ridicule deliberately.

Not a gay man but why is this even useful?
I mean I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but is this where my tax dooaroos are going to?

>detecting faggots and strights so it can be used in dating sites.
Why though?

>Are peacock tails a defect when they objectively make it harder to survive?
>Or are they a boon because they bring in the bird pussy?
pussy is more valuable than your own survival, we see that across many species.
animals will migrate incredible distances to mate, risking their lives constantly.

Homosexuality does not improve your species chances of survival.
In fact some species use homosexual acts just in order to get pussy.
Smaller male cuttlefish look like females so they pretend to be female and let the larger males mate with then.
Now that the alpha males are satisfied and leave, the small males take the opportunity to mate with the real females.

GUYS LOOK OUT!!!

THE LARGEST CONTINENT IS GOING TO HAVE THE LARGEST POPULATION!!!!

WE HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING!!!

ITS ALMOST LIKE THE POPULATION BOOM IS CAUSED BY THE INTRODUCTION OF MODERN MEDICINE AND FARMING TECHNIQUES !!!

Fags and fag enablers want to prove there is a gay gene. They think this face stuff proves it.

There is no gay gene. Being gay is a defect from the womb and from childhood trauma.

>implying those niggers aren't being imported out of that huge continent

If we were sane they would be all be shipped back there and not given aid.

Lots of aid is by philanthropists.
How about you become a billionaire instead of telling billionaires what to do with their money?