Fuck Android. Updated yesterday. This shit is pure garbage

Fuck Android. Updated yesterday. This shit is pure garbage.

Why are you surprised? it's fucking android.

your saviour is near :^)

>steve jobs theater
What a fucking egomaniac faggot

That's not Fuchsia OS.

why though?

the smartphone adolescence is over. Just take any machine that will keep you communicated and move on. Stop worrying about the OS in them. Don't update.

>Don't worry about the OS in them
Yeah, unless you're concerned about privacy, at which point, stay away from google OS's at all costs.

you could always use android without any google apps or services

fuck off

At which point, one should just use a dumbphone.

i got my gs8+ in june and this shit lags when you try to search for an app locally....... fuck android...

why?
you can find alternatives for everything google offers.

you're the only dumbphone here

only scrubs hate on oreo because they havent even followed the progress from nougat

-vulkan support
-unified app fonts
-unified app themes
-open camera API
-dual partition support (nougat was only for nexus/pixel)
-project treble
-dual pane apps
-untrusted sources permissions whitelist per application (f-droid for example)
-external screens via hdmi/usbc (got upstreamed to the kernel from samsungs exteral streaming software)

including other misc changes

Oreo - Lineage will be amazing.

Android GO is another bonus of Oreo.

It's a subset of Android Oreo that can run on only 256/512 Ram.

The idea is to bring back low energy phones that last for a week or more on a single battery charge but still have the freedom of FOSS to flash TWRP/Magisk/LineageOS

I'd personally like a Android GO qwerty phone or a watch with a sim card.

reble is a agreement with OEMs to provide microcode that agrees upon a standard protocol to support Android instead of Android trying to support non standard protocols.

tldr: google got tired of oems not providing open drivers and breaking the gpl

Yeah his ego is so fucking big right? Like he fucking named himself after a THEATRE HOLY SHIT.

The theatre is named for him after he died you absolute retard

Which of those features improve the user experience tangibly?

which ones don't?

You have to wait 8 months minimum after a new version comes out to even consider it usable on a daily basis.

And for what, really? At this point they could release just security updates and it'd be almost the same. Who cares about new versions anymore when they decide that a major version should be exactly the same with a small addition? I seriously struggled to see the difference between 6 and 7.

didn't they also implement a password manager API so you could have your passwords from Keepass or Lastpass autofill with just a finger scan?

botnet garbage... trusting an ad agency (google) with your fucking data.

i wish my ego was big enough to warrant renaming something.

But being able to update is so cool, Sup Forums told me. It's a reason I have an iPhone, that and sodomy.