So guys, is it any good?

so guys, is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

computeruniverse.ru/products/90705878/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-air-cooled-schwarz.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no.

>64

No. 56 is the only vega that's worth it, and even still it's only "decent"

I don't want it now that I can get it

so how's 56 then?
compared to any geforce cards, is it actually useful for the price?

or should you just not bother and get invest more in a GTX and ryzen?

Slightly above the 1070 in general, power consumption is a bit higher, but not housefire higher.
At the price it is now though, fuck it. 550-600€ is a terrible deal for a 56, ~500 and below is where it is a good deal, hopefully when the cryptofucks calm their tits down.

As a doorstop, yes

If france you can get them for 400€

let's say it is not bad as retards make it out to be
the only thing, if it bothers you, is TDP still for the price of 5% of performance you can keep it at 200w
1080 has zero potential
vega is still a black box with it's prim shaders
i'm buying AIB one because I can get it for $550
it's not worth stupid current price in US

FCAT is pretty good, they finally caught up to nvidia on that front

>i'm buying AIB one because I can get it for $550

from whomst?

computeruniverse.ru/products/90705878/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-air-cooled-schwarz.asp

they are 49k RUB locally

is there a practicall difference between the Vega 64 'normal', and the 'limited edition'?

no, 0.5C'? maybe, probably not
it looks nice, that's it

If you're mining with it, it's amazing.

If you're gaming with it, it's overpowered (for 1080 and 1440p at least) uses a ton of power and runs way too hot and too loud on the stock cooler.

It's a cryptominers wet dream, but as a gaming card it's inferior to its Nvidia counterparts.

Assuming you're not a 4k maniac type, you're better off saving your money and buying a 1060, 1070 or if you can get one for a decent price a RX580. All of which absolutely boss 1080p, while at 1440p the 580 and 1060 are "okay" cards and the 1070 is fantastic.

It's literally not worth it for crypto.
Stop memeing that AMD == good for crypto.

It's not very good, heck, it doesn't even work properly right now.
Definitely not worth buying right now.

You're info is about a week out of date. Tweeks and optimisations have caught upto vega and it's now possible to hit above 42Mhash on less than 130w on the 64.

beyond gaming how good is the 56?using it for rendering and game development

Shit, because drivers are shit and bugs are EVERYWHERE.

>hey let me tell you life is bad, what do you mean why? it's just bad

will it be goos after drivers? i remember my 7970 started decent and only got better as its aged. still great since its a 3gb model

Yes.
They launched it with at least one major uarch feature disabled.

what i dont get is why amd is always terrible with their gpus. cant they just get better software devs?

they need more software devs, nvidia team is x3 bigger
it's actually very expensive to have good software team, imagine ten people that want at very least $70k yearly now consider that you need 5000 of them

It is fastest Freesync-capable solution on the market that happens to excellent at general compute for the price (16/24/32FP).

The drivers haven't fully exploited its gaming potential yet and it should easily outpace the normal 1080 but it will never catch-up to 1080Ti in gaming performance.

The only people who are disappointed are those that were expecting a "Pascal killer" to disrupt the high-end market which would force Nvidia to go on a price war instead of milking the high-end market.

maybe i should become one then

Vega 64 is a joke, they push the card to the limit with the bios because they know it's DOA. All AiB 1080 are better.

Yes, but only if you ignore the pricing

wast majority of tests compares it to aib 1080

You have much more headroom with the GP104

is this true?
brb buying

really shit atm since most of the architecture improvements are disabled
might see a pretty big improvement if some features are enabled, but the question is whether they can be enabled or whether it's a hardware issue that they won't bother fixing

Vega 56 is a steal because it is sold on the same boards as the 64. If you remove the power limit with a BIOS flash or registry hack it should clock the same as a 64.

I managed to snag one for $499 with the game bundle. It's a pretty nice card even for a reference design. As said, performs slightly better than a 1070 so it's nothing groundbreaking.

yeah until the frontend isn't bottlenecked anymore

I wish AMD gave someone access to internal driver branches, especially 17.320 one.