My friend tried Linux and he hates it because

My friend tried Linux and he hates it because
>Who the hell creates an operating system that doesn't run .exe files!?
He prefers Windows 7 over any other operating system. But recently actually switched to Windows 10 and uses shit like 'Window Blinds' to make everything look like Windows 7.

No matter how hard I try to explain, he's too ignorant to listen. He considers himself very technology wise and even started studying something in IT.

why do you inconvenience yourself with linux for basically no reason

Nice blog

He's right you know.

/thread

hmm...

hmmmmmmmm...

kek

wow good job saving these

He wanted to use Linux because he doesn't trust Microsoft with his privacy.

>with arch
Ii think I found the problem.

drawing a circle with GIMP is like dividing with zero

dumb phoneposter

that's really cute

You are the retard here.

Your friend is obviously technologically illiterate and utterly disinterested in OSs.

These people want things to work, they do not care about what Linux offers, they want a desktop, with a mouse and click to make stuff happen.
I don't understand why you would suggest these people to use Linux.

To use Linux you need to have an interest in trying new things and technologies and you must understand that not everything will do what you expect. People without these features will hate it.

That's a fucking laugh

Disgusting pedo

>a sane person

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

this is user's fault

Just install any generic distro and install wine? Works out of the box.

That's not how it works. These people hate change.

They do not care that it is possible to do certain things, but that everything immediately does what it is "supposed to".

These people would ditch Ubuntu because they can't figure out how to search something.
Linux is not windows, but what these people expect is an exact copy and the moment they realize that it isn't they become frustrated and abandon it.