What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SOTFE7sJY-Q?t=161
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the actual answer is "not enough money in the budget" but the Sup Forums answer is that he didn't poo in the loo.

delet this

too much partying not enough work

A famine that did not work out.

He didn't poo in the loo

They couldn't get enough people to work on the drivers to get them finished on time because they were forcing them to use the loo and all their code monkey got scared of the loo witch and decided to leave the company instead, holding on to their poo-filled trousers.

Why not make drivers with western team?

youtu.be/SOTFE7sJY-Q?t=161
He try to boil the ocean

Chinks and pajeets are making the gpus now.
The old canadian team is wiped out.
Only respectful and talented engineering team is in the cpu division.
Amd also outsources almost everything right now. It will not be long when they will fall under this mismanagement craze.

What is it with poos and mustaches

They care about quantity, not quality.
Tell me how many times the amd windows version changes?
Relive
Live
Crimson
Catalyst
And that's the last 2 years.
They push whatever shit comes to their mind and have a bunch of coding monkeys to make it.
They took a fine arch with fiji(yeah, i know has its bottlenecks), they took a bunch of working technologies from the cou division and they fucked up.
The bottom line is not fps. The bottom line is power consumption and features...and both failed.
Don't blame the driver, because they said 7 months ago that they are going to delay in order to make make the driver...and the driver is making the gpu work as an overclocked fiji.
Most likely the new features are broken and thus not supported.

>Only respectful and talented engineering team is in the cpu division.
Read: whites are in charge of designing CPUs at AMD

Not enough code monkeys.
That's about it I guess?

why the fuck lisa havent fired this guy yet, fuking woman ceo

>firing one of the OG Art-X dudes
But why?

AMD is too small to fight both Intel and NVidea

some big company should buy Radeon, but which one, Sony?

ATI was smaller and they would consistently release better products than Nvidia beside shitty drivers obviously ATI was better in every possible way than Nvidia.
AMD buying ATI is the worst thing that could ever happen to PC enthusiasts, now they have shit drivers and shit products.

>ATI was smaller
among graphics companies they were the biggest

Than AMD, retard.

lazy brains pointing fingers to public figures they know nothing about

>Than AMD, retard.
why does it matter? ATI was shit in using their manpower
sorry to crash your dreams

Stop pretending to be retarded, ATI was bad but AMD is just plain awful.

>AMD is just plain awful
as long as you become aware your opinions are based only on your feelings I was successful

This seriously sounds like you're implying AMD's GPU division is better than what ATI had going for them.

that assumption is your mistake

They are selling their GPUs faster than they can make them. Nothing went wrong.

You are just butthurt because you aren't the target anymore.

Funny because >sorry to crash your dreams
was yours.

HAHAHAHA

what about the rumors they are losing money on each card?

yeah I am not actually sorry

compute first architecture .. absolutely nothing if they deliver soon... which will be in a week.

Life is more than gaymen. You'll learn that soon

What the fuck is live? ReLive is also the recording part of the driver/software, don't understand what that has to do with the naming convention at all. As far as I'm aware they're still branding it as Crimson.

Can't understand why all those driver changes and renaming when you can't even focus on feature supporting.
As for the apu part of the support, they removed all the handling from the driver.
Most features died with catalyst for apu users.
I don't know what's their problem with the driver development, but it is inexcusable to shift through a thousand brand names and the final driver is just stripped of options.

AMD has given up on gaymen

No.
They are still releasing Crimson updates.

This

Do normies really enjoy this?

Not enough money to hire enough developers to implement some of the core uarch features by launch, and then launching anyway to appease shareholders.

Launching RX Vega without primitive shaders enabled in the drivers was an utterly ludicrous decision. Without that feature Vega is massively front end bottlenecked by being limited to 4 polygons per clock. This is why Vega 56 is 100% as fast as Vega 64 at the same clocks right now, why Vega still chokes on triangles in tessellation heavy games, ad why Vega perfomrance tanks with high levels of MSAA.

IF the driver monkeys actually succeed in implementing primitive shaders as it was described in the Vega whitepaper, then that is going to be the funniest driver update in the history of videocards.

I still remember detonator4.

What about gaming drivers for the frontier edition?

Oy.
You saw nothing.
Anyway they should release some protoype internal branches for public.
17.320 one to be precise.

srsly if my company had a party like this I would stay the hell away

Not everyone is introverted like (You), user.

HBMeme

fuck off chad

But nVidia also uses HBM.
t. /r9k/

Considering that the die is GP102 sized while performing approx like the significantly smaller GP104 I wouln't be surprised. But nah. I guess NV is just selling their card priced according to performance not die size...

Only with the pro cards

And who cares?
Better memory is better memory.

They are still releasing incremental bug fixes for RX Vega. My guess is there will be a big update in October after they launch their next pro line of cards so they can make sure they get the gimping right.

WX9100 and SSG are early September.
But i guess full feature set for RX Vega is coming with next major Crimson update.

So, did he use toilets, or designated streets?

>better
I care, this shit is so expensive

>this shit is so expensive
Your dad works at Samsung?

>hbm is less expensive than gddr

Thats why nvidia put it in quadros and teslas...

Don't be stupid, HBM on customer GPU was a mistake, you can have the same performance with GDDR5X. Gaymers want muh FPS, they don't give a fuck of your HBMeme.

Your dad works at SK Hynix?

Autism: the post

Your dad works at Micron?
Come on I want to know pricing on 4-Hi stacks.
At least pull it out of your fucking ass.

When the FUCK is 17.320 hitting public release. Goddamnit, every time I drive by the AMD campus in Markham I want to roll down my window and shout "WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY PRIMITIVE SHADERS ASSHOLES!" at them.

>Let’s start with HBM2 and interposer pricing, as that’s what we’re most confident in. Speaking with David Kanter of Real World Tech, the analyst who broke news on Maxwell’s tile-based rasterization and who previously worked at Microprocessor Report, we received the following estimate: “The HBM2 memory is probably around $150, and the interposer and packaging should be $25.” We later compared this estimate with early rumors of HBM2 pricing and word from four vendors who spoke with GamersNexus independently, all of which were within $5-$10 of each other and Kanter’s estimate. Regardless, we’re at about $150 on HBM2 and $25 on the interposer, putting us around $175 cost for the memory system

>The next question is what GDDR5 costs. A recent DigiTimes report pegs GDDR5 at about $6.50 for an 8Gb module, though also shows pricing for August onward at $8.50 per module

GDDR5X bandwidth is higher than the HBM on Vega...

>stack height unspecified
>8GB GDDR5 "modules"
I smell Steve.
Fuck it's you.
Fuck off Steve.

I'm thinking of getting the regular aircooled Vega 64. Will it require 1kw PSU like they advertised for the liquid version 64, or will 750-850 PSU be sufficient?

600w of anything half-decent will do.

Nothing went wrong. Just ass-pained manchildren who had unrealistically expectation thinking that Vega was kill "Pascal" and disrupt the high-end gaming market.

Protip: mid-range and high-end GPUs are never sold at a loss or deal with razor-thin margin. They sold at some kind of profit margin. The high-end stuff has a healthier margin.

Nvidia is just enjoying a very healthy profit margin on their stuff and this reflects in their recent fiscal reports.

>we have reached the point where it is unrealistic to expect AMD to properly compete with NVIDIA's product stack about 1.5y later
It's actually sad that it has come to this.

bitch lasaga

No it's an indian thing. It's all about status. Look how he's not even into it. They throw lifeless corporate "parties" to show how successful they are.