Literaly have to reverse engineer some shit opensores software that's barely worked on or developed just to increase...

>Literaly have to reverse engineer some shit opensores software that's barely worked on or developed just to increase Mouse Scroll Speed
>Using Linux

Why is Linux still so fucking useless?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Imwheel#Installation
youtube.com/watch?v=Hsa0ebZKfys
kde.org/info/security/advisory-20161114-1.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BUT ITS FREE

Works on my machine

>Linux is still so useless you have to shuffle thorugh all this kind of shit and google 50 different 5 year old forums
> All that should of literally been a slider "Mouse Scroll Speed"

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Imwheel#Installation

Why would anyone bother with this useless drivel? seriously? I don't understand.

it forces you to understand how operating systems/programs work by being like this. thats the appeal.

It all doesn't even feel like intended use. It's just a bunch of poorly hacked togeather hacks/scripts to attempt to make something function a certain way. It's all so poorly done and at the end of the day it forces you to waste time trying different combinations

Is Ubuntu better? probably not. I think issues like this are widespread for all of Linux

> writing a config file is reverse engineering
absolutely retarded

>configuring software is reverse engineering
t. Fucking retard

I mean after 25 years and its this convuluted to CHANGE MOUSE SPEED?

Linux was a mistake.

>after 25 years and screen tearing is still so bad you have to desperately google config tweaks & watch youtube videos

youtube.com/watch?v=Hsa0ebZKfys

>just to have something as modern as no vertical tearing

Freetards really confuse me. Why bother?

Get a better mouse. You don't need the Razer XXtreme Gayming Voltage© Electron® Sigma™ Tru Gaming Mouse

>reverse engineer
>open source software

'reverse engineer' does not mean what you think it does.

>Freetard solution is to just throw your perfectly fine hardware into the trash and use Thrift store bargain bin 'compatible hardware'

Holy fuck. Linux is a mental illness.

>literally a two-step process
>gives you more customization options than Windows, allowing you set the scroll speed globally or on a program-by-program basis
it just werks on my machine

>perfectly fine hardware
Didn't provide drivers for linux
Totally linux's fault
10/10 logic

>Using KDE

GNU/Linux desktop is only free if your time is worthless.

It's literally generic lenovo mouse. What now, mong?

But nvidia fixed tearing past year :^)

Generic (as in, according to manufacturer) hw doesn't imply a generic driver would work just fine
Jesus Christ, are you trying to pull of the, "I'm just pretending to be retarded" skit?

You're telling me i'm suppose to research linux mouse drivers when I plug a new one in? I gotta know everything about my mouse & system to be able to use it properly?

Face it, Linux is weak.

>Face it, Linux is weak.
for the weak-minded, yes

Been using Ubuntu for 2 years and I've literally never had any problems with using my mouse. Then again I'm not autistic about the scroll wheel speed, but this doesn't even seem like a hard process. It's literally just 3 steps each of which at most take one minute to complete. By all means go back to Windows, but not everyone is a tech illiterate mong who gets scared every time they open a config file

>I needed to install drivers for a Windows branded keyboard
Face it, Windows doesn't even include drivers for their own hardware. Not one of my hardware pieces has ever had an issue on Linux.

>yaourt -S imwheel

Oh wow that was hard

>Is Ubuntu better?
slightly

>I think issues like this are widespread for all of Linux.

very true because they see it as a feature

Did a linux faggot bully you at school son?
Be honest. That is an unhealthy amount of rage projected at something that doesn't give a fuck about you

What do you mean?

this pushed me over to install KDE distro next time I install linux.

Fuck off. we're full

What's the best KDE based distro? Is KDE Neon a meme?

sure, if it makes you feel better about yourself

Took you a while to get it

>I'm stupid so I use big words do disguise my ignorance
It's useless because you're useless.

>can't set acceleration to 0
Lol pure fucking garbage

>set acceleration to 0

I don't get it

me neither

this is why Linux is dead on desktop

1x is the "0 acceleration"

kek that's not even the fun part, wait until you have to adjust sensitivity and acceleration

Yea but I want my mouse to not move

tho to be sure you may set the "acceleration profile" to "flat" in libinput configuration or some shit like that.

In X11 it's the usual /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d shit to give the libinput driver a config option.
In Wayland it depends on the compositor but you still modify libinput option.

Also in Gnome, the tweaks app has "flat" choice I think.

Refer to the following to do it then. It's quite simple. :^)

kde.org/info/security/advisory-20161114-1.txt

KDE Neon users will defend this but still shit on Linux Mint for forgetting to renew a SSL Cert.

>uses arch
>ask ubuntu

Cam doesn't work
Windows: plug uplug, doesn't work. Reinstall driver, doesn't work,
Reboot, doesn't work,
Something else, doesn't work.
A day spent and still not sure if camera is dead or it's a s/w problem.

Linux:
Lsusb.
If the camera is there, it's a driver problem,
If the camera is not there it's a camera problem.

Do you see fut fack that there is a reason why some things are built that way?

Also, if you want to disable a peripheral just use "modprobe -r [driver]" and the peripheral is d e a d

>It's just a bunch of poorly hacked togeather hacks/scripts to attempt to make something function a certain way

Blame the companies that do not care about their linux users.
On top of that, a lot of distros do mention that this product is not supported. Period. They don't want to break or fuck up their sandbox just for a company's useless support and special h/w gimmicks.
Linux manages devices and every issue like a pro, you are going to learn a lot of things by just tweaking around

why didn't you try device manager to see if it was malfunctioning?

> Can't use msinfo32

How do you function?

>Date: 14 November 2016
I mean, it is inexcusable but let's not pretend it is a real problem.
The distro started january 2016 and was not meant to be used by people who weren't kdevelopers.
Now, neon has less bugs than kubuntu.

I have more problems on Windows than Linux.

Did they sanity check all packages?
Did they do a fresh rebuild from a clean system not using that repo?

It was almost a full year of it being open and all we know is they closed it and they don't think someone exploited it. I am just asking if they went through and 100% verified it.

That doesn't even do anything, probably the mosyt pointless settings menu of all time. Executing libinput commands at startup is necessary for KDE.

To get no mouse acceleration you want to set it to -1, 0 is a linear profile.

>What's the best KDE based distro?
opensuse is the only distro that actually gives a shit about kde and develops/writes/applies patches for it and isn't just packaging a broken mess as a spin like fedora kde or kubuntu etc
>Yea but I want my mouse to not move
you joke but stock gnome on fedora 26 actually allows you to do this

Scroll wheels are clicked, like a button, and these events are sent to the client application. It doesn't make sense that there would be a 'speed' setting in the same way as mouse movement. If you were to install a hack to forcefully send more than one event per click you would be sending applications misleading information.

that thing works but the thing that most distros have installed by default(the settings manager in gnome/xfce/kde) just increases the acceleration speed and thats not what i want.

because u got to help

you have to do multiple clicks to get into the device manager tho.

acceleration and speed are different things. one makes the cursor faster instantly and other makes it slowly increase speed.

Speed is directly co-related to acceleration. But for acceleration there is no velocity gained when the mouse is still

>kde missing mouse speed
>gnome missing mouse acceleration
ebin. simply ebin
The reality is of course that Linux systems are not for normal people but are for people that can fuck around with terminal and config files. This is simply the only way to use Linux. The other ways are toys and curiosities at best and should not be advertised as valid ways to fully use a Linux system.

>install this thing and edit this one file
That's literally all is asking you to do. Also, pic related. You're retarded, OP.

It's cobbled together from top to bottom. Mixed with a bunch of autists who don't want to improve anything purely because they've already invested all that time in fixing shit that should have been fixed out of the box.
Vicious cycle of autists keeping the platform down.
No wonder chromeOS took off.

Both attain the same result, you fucking smelly autist

No you don't, just open the start menu, type "devi" and hit enter

>this is what the plebs who made this shit probably believe
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
If they really do the same thing then Gnome fucked up as usual and named it wrong. Mouse speed and acceleration are not the same fucking thing. Oh and no, somehow combining these two into a single ambiguous slider while thinking how much of a smartass you are for your "kewl trick" doesn't pass.
I wonder if those autists ever played anything with a mouse ever? Or used a mouse extensively? But hey when someone experienced in those comes and explains the problems he faced, the much of the Linux userland would be quick to boot him and at best maybe also pull a really stupid excuse out of their ass.

It has nothing to do with the mouse, retard. It's about how many lines you scroll at a time. That's not determined by the hardware.

acceleration != speed.

you can set acceleration to 0 and mouse would still move.

lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

Only if you don't value your time.

>hacks/scripts
>hardware
Nice meme dude

sometimes I wonder what ubuntu was doing all this time to not be building useful gui tools to manage things like power management, touchpads and mice settings. but sure lets put in some amazon shit nobody wants.

Same. But more than the Amazon thing, they fell for the cloud meme and made some cloud management stuff. And finally with the death of Unity, they announced their focus on the cloud, AKA what every other big distro already does. So much for "Linux for human beings". There is not a real big distro (i mean the one that actually builds things and not just changes themes/configs) now that really cares about improving Linux user experience. My hope is for KDE Neon which I'm about to try.

Oh and I forgot that OpenSUSE exists with their YAST. However the last time I used it (which was long ago) there were bugs and some software was hard to get.

???

They had it. GNome faggots removed evyerthing usefuls and pozzed it up