Do these people have any culture beyond booze and meme accents?

Do these people have any culture beyond booze and meme accents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IhLYfLmKMFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nah

Yes,

Potato and famines?

they don't even have a full island

They have booze music that employs their shitty accents, does that count?

they have more culture than the UK

>thread about Ireland
>yanks show up in their droves every time

why?

Nor will you by year's end

Celtic culture is pretty rich afaik m8

i am scottish and she has less support than she did

nothing will change, you won't have northern ireland

they already said uk or independent

An independent Northern Ireland would be kekworthy

The people that said that also told people to vote Brexit, which the nordies did not do. People demonstrably don't vote the way the DUP tells them. It would be good if they included independence in the referendum though, it would really weaken the Unionist side.

also lol @ independent Northern Ireland. How exactly would that even work?

irrelevant, it will never join the republic

It would be insolvent within a week and collapse into warring tribal factions after a month

you are an idiot if you believe that

Because a guy that thinks an independent northern Ireland is a scenario even worth mentioning knows so much about politics.

You've given yourself away Ulsterman. Only a true Loyalist would be this ignorant and disconnected from reality.

Your opinion is irrelevant senpai.

The only reason we don't have a united Ireland is because our governments of the past 6 decades didn't want it.

Now our entire establishment is on board; our prime minister and the leaders of the top three political parties have all stated this week that they are now committed to unification.

This is happening whether you like it or not

What the hell culture does Canada have?

you think northern ireland will join no matter what, the truth is the northern irish would rather be poor than irish but the trade deals + the docks in belfast are more than capable of becoming a major industrial power house again
not even last week northern irish politicians said it won't happen

>the docks in belfast are more than capable of becoming a major industrial power house again

>Loyalist confirmed

Jesus Christ. Your docks are geographically irrelevant and you only ever built ships for the Brits, which they can't be bothered with now and certainly wouldn't be bothered with if NI wasn't in the UK.

>not even last week northern irish politicians said it won't happen

Politicians most people don't listen to. That's already been explained to you though and for some reason went over your head.

Stop embarrassing Scots by pretending to be them. I know pretending to be Scottish is part of your culture but they don't like it and hate you just as much as we do.

I'm 2/5th Irish don't yah know?

you mentioned politicians first by saying they supported a united ireland and when i mention the only politicians with a say in the matter you dismiss it...hmmm
the docks are well placed for trade with the main land

and i am not pretending

Are we not allowed to participate in these threads?

I doubt Micheál or Inda are committed to doing much of anything if they don't feel like it.

>but the trade deals + the docks in belfast are more than capable of becoming a major industrial power house again
What necromancy are you planning to revive such long dead levels of industry? It's pretty obvious the only feasible means the north has to exist outside Westminster subsidies is as part of a unified Irish state, and even then it would need to downsize heavily. The preferable situation being planter descendants fucking off back home to GB.

The DUP is the primary Unionist party. They fucked their voters by telling them to vote leave. NI is massively dependent on EU subsidies. Once this begins to bite, the main obstacle to unification, the intransigence of the DUP, will no longer be a problem

They have Mecha

youtube.com/watch?v=IhLYfLmKMFg

a few thousand planters will be welcome back but can you say that to the millions that bailed ireland?

you forget britain bailed ireland out of deep economic trouble by giving millions

northern ireland wouldn't last without the republic?
like the republic would last without britain?

>I doubt Micheál or Inda are committed to doing much of anything if they don't feel like it.

The only things Enda cares about are his legacy and the history books. If he thinks he can reunite Ireland he's definitely going for it.

adams and his cronnies were the only ones that supported a new vote

thats all, the brexit vote is irrelevant

>ancient history
>ancient culture
>ancient tradition of art
>unique musical tradition
>unique and ancient sports still played today
>unique and ancient language still spoken today

>"british" tourist walks up to me
>hey where can I find some oice?
every time

Britain provided a bilateral loan to the republic largely to protect its own economic interests, and yes the republic would have survived without it. It wouldn't be quite as easy, but the republic does not necessarily need the UK to exist like NI does. The need for a bailout in the first place was caused by poor economic policy and oversight, not inherent lack of sustainability as is the case of Northern Ireland and its current reliance on Westminster subsidies. Little is done to give the north any real economic infrastructure, and the truth is that will only happen if the north becomes a major region of Ireland rather than remain a peripheral basket-case of the UK.

Virtually all but the sports are generally ignored by the largely anglified population. Ask around and you'll find a lot of Irish people know virtually nothing about their own history and mythology, especially Jackeens.

northern ireland becomes independent the shipyards get the necessary funds to upgrade because it will be necessary that will cause the farmers to trade with britain rather than the republic
78% of irish exports are to/through northern ireland

keep deluding yourself if you think northern ireland will join the republic

the loan? 90 million of that wasn't a loan it was because ireland was fucked

The whole world is being dumbed down and americanised due to globalisation, this is a recent trend

>independent norn iron
jesus christ im dying here
it would literally beg to join ireland or the UK within a month
this, americanisation isnt unique to ireland, insecurity is however

>MUH WEE SHIPYERD

What shipyard would that be?

>shipyards
Yeah because they have such a good track record when it comes to building ships

dont be fooled, they have a hidden space station underneath it fueled by protestant magic and bonfires

its a debate if the uk broke up
wouldn't happen
try again

face it, northern ireland has no real industry and nothing to fuel its economy
without outside support it'll be ex-yu tier, possibly worse

Escaping their “depressive" country, or so they say.

>try again

Well I googled it and all the pictures of it in operation are in black and white. Do you actually think some Victorian capitalist will step out of a horse drawn carraige and start distributing gold sovereigns to fund some new side paddle steamers? And hire a pile of uneducated illiterate council estate scum to do a job a Chinaman will do 1/10th the price?

LEL
E
L

Personally I think if the prods could somehow harness their never-ending seething rage and convert it to heat energy, use it to power steam turbines to generate electricity and then export it Europe could possibly have free leccy.

Unfortunately in this scenario eventually the prods would become comfortable and content to the point that their rage couldn't power a 5watt LED and after their economy collapses would be forced to try negotiate terms with the then Taoiseach Gerry Adams.

Basically no matter what they do there is no escaping a 32 County Ireland

you missed the point entirely
me and the irish guys are talking shite

the northern irish and irish despise each other
they will never unite
i know that and the irish guys know that

we are all talking shite
don't take it seriously

>3rd world
>tourism

Woah, really made me think

i ment you can do better

>waaah, people aren't being brainwashed into living their lives according to the qura-- I mean ancient texts and famine like beowulf
>THIS RANDOM ROCK I PICKED UP WAS ONCE STEPPED ON BY CROMWELL PRAISE THE ROCK
L.M.A.O. quit pretending you were in braveheart. you are literally a plastic patty trying to fit in by claiming otehr people's accomplishments

mate a non-military ship hasn't been constructed in the West in 25 years.
Do you want to live on India-tier wages?

>northern Irish and Irish despise eachother

You really need to get out more.

This is prue bullshit, there is literally no difference between the two sides apart from magical sky faeries and queens. All the differences are like imaginary numbers, but both of them talk and act the exact same and are more or less identical to my eyes.

Only an ignorant sheltered fuckwit would disagree

shoo

Ireland has the most culture out of the "British" isles. The Scots still live under English rule, the Welsh, well. The rest like a guy called Boris.

What the fug

There is literally no shipyard left to upgrade and reopen

Those docks mean nothing without the UK economy.
You think ships are going to sail out of their way for fucking Belfast?

I don't even understand the trivial political situation, but for the fucks sake man learn to international trade.

told you i am not northern irish

then why do they fight?
the difference is simple, beliefs
thats all

The reminder of what was British culture.
The target of white flight for English Brits too.

Over 40 million people of Irish decent in the states.
More so than the Irish population of the entire british Isles.

Only about 5% of people on both sides are autistic enough to care about that, I mean I know old loyalist terrorists who now go on holiday to the west of Ireland and have a grand auld time

But Irelander tourists are 3rd worlders? gotcha

I know this is Sup Forums and we all love role-playing our countries but in reality:

Irish =/= Nationalist

Northern Irish =/= Unionist

Also a large section of Northerns identify as Irish citizens and hold Irish passports.

i know it goes both ways

like a told the american i am talking shite

i got an argument from nothing and kept it going even though it was bullshit from both directions

Most of ours came a lot more recently and yours are from the famine
t. half blooded 'irish'man

There's loads of pakis and blacks in my city but it seems most of the remaining whites are at least a quarter Irish desu

irish language was taught by gusty spence
he called himself irish

the only real trouble is at marches and then it has kind of toned down a little well depends, maybe

Why should how recent a person came matter?
I'm not going to claim some cringy shit like Irish Americans being more Irish than Ireland. Of course a country of origin is the guide post to it's culture, but the post was calling for the Irishmen, not "People who practice modern Irish culture".
And many people of the states are in fact "Irishmen".

Northern Ireland has Liam Neeson.

i remember da was going to change his name from neeson to kneesdone

We are slowly but surely integrating the protestants into our culture until they become more Irish than the Irish themselves

>318 million yanks
>4.5 million micks

With the way things are going we'll surpass 40m in no time.

t. Anglo-Irish masterrace.

I told my dad last night that Ireland had 8 million people at the time of the famine, and England had 10 million at the same time. He was silent for a moment, than said "I didn't know that...the fuckin cunts"

won't happen
6 times in the last century it was tried

but that said goodnight

They have rich culture
What is Canadian culture?

Anglo-Irish is like the Duke of Wellington and shit, Irish people in Britain are more like Frank Gallagher the Duke of Chatsworth Estate

shit bait kys my man

>Anglo-Irish is like the Duke of Wellington

I knew I was special.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

We don't. I blame our Irish settlers desu.

The troubles was only a smokescreen to distract you from the real, cultural genocide.

When you go over to England they call you mad drunken paddies and wont accept your "Bank of Northern Ireland" money, also they want nothing to do with you.

Come over to the dark side and embrace your true selves!

he means its the english former gentry in ireland, complete opposite of you

>wont accept your "Bank of Northern Ireland" money
is this true?

Yes I knew what he meant, Captain Obvious.

>unique and ancient language still spoken today

Just because Gaeilge evolved over time and didn't die doesn't make it ancient.
I'd say Icelandic or Basque is a stronger contender for that nomination.

Ya bloody focker, we sure hav culture, ye nanny shagger

Yes, it drives them mad

Do Maritimers and Newfies have any culture beyond booze and meme accents?

Ulster bank, Bank of Ireland Sterling refused by FOTB pakis in England.
It's great.

how does it work?
why do they have more than one central bank for the pound sterling? seems retarded
lel

What type of Canadian culture do you want to know about? Language, art, history, economics, architecture, food, music, holidays? I will give you some examples from my region

most shops in southern England won't accept Scottish either because the mong cashier doesn't know what it is

Get back to making cannoli before I cut your hands off Giuseppe. Won't be so funny when you can't talk.

England, Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own bank notes which is basically just a different design for the same money. If you go over to England with NI money people look at it and wont accept it because they think its a bad forgery.
This is especially galling to NI patriots because they feel they are defending British culture.

I had it leftysplained once. They're foreign and they can't tell if it's counterfeit.
Fuck this country.

To trigger you

>Inb4 an essay about moose that reads like moby dick or some shit about iglu and tent niggers

The central bank of the UK is the Bank of England
The Bank of England, as well as a number of Banks in Scotland and Northern Ireland issue banknotes
the Scottish and N. Irish banknotes are backed by pic related, issued by the Bank of England

Their culture pretty much entails being cucked by Britbongs.