GPU dies

>GPU dies
>start to research a substitute
>mfw graphics cards that are one year old still retain their MSRP
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE

Miners
You're better off fixing your old one.

Miners, people use GPU to mine cryptocurrency, some guys buy over one thousand GPU per center.

It's a five years old GTX670, and besides, how the hell do you fix a GPU? Magic? Prayers?

Well, fuck me right in the ass for wanting to play games, right? It seems I'll have to stick to retrogaming for a bit...

How fucking feasible is it to buy $500,000 worth of video cards? That's not including all the hardware to house those cards and the electricity to power them.
Mining can't possibly be worth it. Prove me wrong.

bake it
good luck

Take the heatsink off and check for burns, components shifted, chipped pieces.

Before doing something completely destructive I'll try it on a friend's PC, but I'll keep those methods in mind. Thanks.

>dies
so the fan has stopped right? just replace it.

unless you overclocked and fucked up, then try a bios reset or just get a 1050ti. they can easily be found at list price and will cover you for 2-3 years

>GPU dies
You never cleaned it up, right?
My old HD4870 is still rocking

so I blew up a 280 while drunk by accidentally plugging sata power rails when it needs the pci lanes, how fucked in my card?

China warehouses with free electricity lol.

Technically, it works, but outputs video at 800x600 and through device manager I can see an error 43.
I never overclocked, but it was factory overclocked.
I did. I never changed thermal paste tho. However I always set a fan curve to keep the temperatures under 70 °C.

Slather it in BBQ sauce and put it in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes. Should fix it.

Boot in Linux and check it, your card sounds good.

Would a live USB with Ubuntu or something do the trick?

yes, but you need a persistent usb for that so you can install nvidia drivers, reboot and check if the output works properly.

Sorry for the shit quality, my phone's camera is pretty fucked up. This is what I get when I try to run Ubuntu with my video card installed.

plug your monitor into your motherboard instead, restart the livecd
see if it recognizes the graphics card at all

Tried that. The port just doesn't output the video if another video card is installed.

However here's a thing: my video card has this feature where at the startup spins the fans very fast in the wrong direction (to get rid of dust, allegedly), then stops and starts spinning in the right direction at high speed; if the OS (or rather a driver) doesn't get loaded (e.g. I enter the BIOS) the fans keep spinning loudly. When I load windows, although the drivers are updated (already made a clean install), the fan keep on spinning loudly, however when I booted up the Ubuntu live USB the fans after their usual cycle reverted to minimum speed as they should, so I desume Ubuntu's video drivers actually took control of the video card correctly, however the picture I've posted is all the video output I got. At this point I fear my GPU is FUBAR.

This is the first year prebuilts are justifying their price point because of this. What a shame.

Stupid gaymers are driving the price of gpus up for honest working miners.