/mkg/ - WWW Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2415
kbdfans.cn/collections/swtich/products/pre-orderkbdfans-exclusive-gateron-silent-switch-red-brown-blak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inb4 gun poster.

>tfw you cum over your mech keyboard

I can't decide between zealios, mod switches, and topre. What should I get?

check the guide

I love that the guide only has one product name for everything thats in the fucking guide

fuck off retard

Help me out, Sup Forums. I'm between these two for my first mech.

KUL ES-87 Tenkeyless Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) for 120 neetbux
or
Ducky One TKL Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Cherry MX) for 90 neetbux (100 bux for fagleds)

Anything I should know? Don't hear as much about kul as about ducky (and honestly any company name that's a pun on 'cool' triggers my autistic rage), but it's all they sell on a Sup Forums buyer's guide vendor (elitekeyboards).

Don't be rude, I'm here because I like the same things you do!

>and honestly any company name that's a pun on 'cool' triggers my autistic rage
People are so damn weird.
Anyway, Ducky is considered a solid brand: Nothing flashy, but rarely disappoints.

Go to a meetup and try them. Any mid-sized meetup should have at least one zealio board and one topre board
Otherwise, you're SOL.

skip the LEDs and get the one that has Dye-sub PBT if its still in stock.

Mods are generally accepted to be more tactile than zealios. Topre is a rubber dome, so if you're looking for something that feels mechanical and tactile that's not for you.

ordered one of these - did i do good?

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2415

ducky one tkl rgb (red cherry mx)

Sure

Does anyone have advice for selecting switches if you aren't a touch-typer and bottom out the majority of your keystrokes?

I tried all the Razer switches and MX Cherry Reds, Browns and Blues and none feel like they complement the way I type. I feel like I'm just slamming plastic into plastic.

I use a Logitech K120 (rubber dome) right now.

cool. my first mechanical keyboard.

bought the WASD keyboards 6-key switch tester and was still torn between cherry mx blues and reds. the blue felt like it needed a little more effort to type with, so i went with reds... but still second guessing myself on the switch type.

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well ;)

Here it is:

It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today. It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2017, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering.

I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Nice topre

cheers, thanks friends

>(You)

fucking eastern bloc shill

>Saber68 has been sitting in my cart for a few days now
>Still don't want to pull the trigger and buy it
Was this how it was for others' first mechanical purchase?

Can't relate. My first one came with the PC and considering the whole kit was costing me 3.5k the cost of the keyboard was pretty inconsequential.

I got a zealio switch tester and they legit feel like gateron browns.

Just ordered a v60 keyboard with datacomp blue alps. I'm sorta regretting but I will know when they arrive. 0 info on the switches but if they anything like fukkas Il be happy.

Forget cherry entirely. Everyone else has.

KUL is excellent but you'll have to find it used because they don't make them anymore.

Typing on one with clears right now, the only drawbacks are lousy stock caps and a few keys sometimes made pinging sounds because of the metal plate. I've never heard the board ping again after I replaced the stock caps with a GMK set though.

Kicking myself for not picking up another one while they still made them tbqh

Holy fucking shit they actually restocked them.
Disregard what I said about buying used.

Cherry MX Greens might be worth trying if you are a ham fingered typist. They're the heaviest MX switch you can get so they'll fight back.

Otherwise try finding a keyboard with a metal backplate, you'd definitely feel a difference when bottoming out the keys.

that guide is very wrong. MX Blacks are very smooth, one of my favourite switches

Is there anyway to rebind keys on a Filco keyboard? I want to rebind my right windows key into a function key and be able to use jkl; as arrow keys like the pok3r's keybinds.

Zealio 62g is definitely close to Gat Brown, but the other, heavier ones? Check your fingers.

What model? You could do it through software, or you can swap out the controller and do it through hardware.

Without custom firmware like QMK, probably not. The Fn key is usually tied to the hardware.

What's as close to a 30-40g blue or salmon alps switch?

I want near weightlessness and smooth deep click. Should I just modify springs of originals?

Check your privilege

Yeah, buy a replacement controller from bathroom epiphanies.

>logitech
>the best keyboard manufacturer
Stop reading here.

Their mice is nice thou.

Are their any good assembled 60% keyboards besides the pok3r? Kind of want to put money elsewhere rn.

What is a decent 60% DIY kit?

What kind of case would look good with these caps? I kind of want a high profile champagne aluminum case.

Pandealios or topre?

>Reading the Bible at CERN
What did they mean by this?

Who /TADA68/ here?

MX tactiles are different from topre.

I've never tried topre but it sounds nice and I mainly want topre to swap in BKE domes. I've heard they are very tactile.

>KBDfans Exclusive Gateron silent switch
wow
kbdfans.cn/collections/swtich/products/pre-orderkbdfans-exclusive-gateron-silent-switch-red-brown-blak

Where's the cheapest place I can buy a Leopold FC660C from Australia? Can you get them in a silent version?

Import from Korea or America, and no.

bought a unicomp for osx good or terrible choice

Yep.
Though, at some point, I'm worried that people are gonna call this board a meme simply because how much it got shilled here.

Yeah sure. Though make sure to get one with 3 modifier keys on the bottom row at least.

>They're the heaviest MX switch you can get
No

I'm trying to not fall for the meme but I can't find enough diy parts to do my own thing and everything else is always missing some feature that I got fooled into wanting.

What are the heaviest linears you can get that are widely available?

MX Blacks since Greys are uncommon.

Obviously macaroni

6gv2 master race

Me whenever massdrop sends me it

Why saber when tada68 is the exact same thing but usually cheaper?

MOD switches idk

You can get tada with mods I'm pretty sure

MOD switches.
WASD V2 can get them too but it's not programmable, which makes the FN layer kinda pointless.

What?

help me in picking my first babby mech keyboard. should i go for gateron blacks or reds? gayming only, i mainly play shit that requires a lot of key pressing, so i thought that reds with less activation force needed would be a better pick, but i heard that blacks actually feel better, so i don't know now.

It's not at CERN. Someone in /retro/ got their hands on some old NEXT hardware CERN decommissioned. That old former "server" was their prize find.

They only have zealio as a premade option, which ends up costing the same as the Saber with MODs

I'd get the 75 kit but I absolutely do not want an aluminum case right now.

I'm struggling to decide between this & real force 87U

thanks tbqhfam i'm /sold/ on this pack of rubbers

I've owned a FILCO Minila Air for over a year now and keys have recently started 'sticking'. Not in the literal sense, but inputs will randomly go nuts. So, I could be typing away and it'll suddenly stop and enter a bunch of repeating characters like 'thisssssssssssssssssssssss'.

How can I go about diagnosing this? No idea if it's a software or hardware problem. Bluetooth receiver has line of sight and is approx 40cm away from the keyboard.

what batteries do they use?

Standard AA. Problem persists even after switching to a fresh set.

Where can I buy gateron switches in Europe?

helo

Fucking fedora fags ruining science for everyone.

Where can i buy a cheap set of Cyrillic/English cherry mx key caps.

>Check the tada86 layout software
>It seems really limited
>Now thinking of getting a Phantom pcb
>In an attempt to make some sort of bastardized ANSI/JIS hybrid
I need to stop.

Kbdfans I think

Tada68 uses QMK, you don't have to use the chink flash applet.

Does the warranty still cover it? Try returning it

i thought i was getting a mech with gateron red, but they are gaote red instead. should i cancel or are they also good?

KUL stands for Keyed Up Labs. They are based in Taiwan.

It has nothing to do with the word "KUL", you literal fucking brain dead.

The KUL 87 is probably the best TKL mech on the market. Better build quality than filcos and leopolds.

There's no reason to buy Filcos anymore - they are boring and don't offer DIP switches , KUL does.

KUL sells top plates in different colors and it doesn't void the warrantee.

Get the KUL. Retard

Also forgot to mention ducky makes a dog shit TKL board, stay away from them when it comes to TKL

Whats wrong with them? I got one of the older ones with clears and it still works fine.

Filco keyboards have dip switches too

I want to make a board with pandealios but I don't know how to solder. Are hot swappable boards shit? I'm thinking about buying one.

Sauce on keycaps?

Look like wasd caps

Just learn to solder, it's really not that hard especially if you're working with components as large as keyboard switches. I think /diy/ has a thread for electronic hobbyists so you might want to check that out for tutorials and tips.

just bought a logitech k740, from a logitech g something i've had for 6 or 7 years. the new one is amazing. it's got the perfect amount of tactile feedback and i type way faster, and it's way more comfortable and elegant. it feels like a mechanical keyboard in some ways but it's not clackey so i know it's not fully mechanical. really like it though and recommend it highly

Dear gee, how do you like my new memeboard (and also potato quality phone camera)

yea

>ISO

I can never deal with the big return key, looks so out of place compared to the rest of the keyboard. Otherwise top board

what are you fucking gay
thanks user

>What are you fucking gay
Underage b&

>Underage b&
Underage b&