geti2p.net/es/
freenetproject.org/
github.com/cmusphinx/sphinx4
deeplearning4j.org/
tensorflow.org/api_docs/java/reference/org/tensorflow/package-summary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

K&R or SICP.

all of these will knock you on your ass
go to your local library and pick up an O'Reilly book on whatever language you're interested in

I've read a few chapters of each. They all seem good for beginners except the assembly one. Why do you say they will knock me on my ass?

this

SICP. Also pick up TAOCP, GoF Patterns and Concrete Maths. Read in parallel with O'Reilly guides to languages you like. You can throw away K&R.

how will you know who to trust?

I don't. I'm going to take Sup Forums opinions into consideration but ultimately will decide based on my own analysis. I like to use every option available to broaden my information.

christ, none of them. these are all way way way too low level for someone who's just going to be getting into programming.

Do you recommend O'Reilly as well then?

Why the fuck shouldn't someone learn low-mid level first? If you can't handle it then you should probably stop.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Design_Programs

you meant high level?

It ingrains bad habits of the mind.

I would argue the opposite.

what is this, a non sequitur? o'reilly is like the ____ for dummies of technical stuff.

because it's unnecessarily lopsided for people who want to use programming languages to do stuff.

learn a higher level programming language that'll make it possible to implement an interesting, simple idea in the span of a day or a weekend. as your ideas involve more complexity, you'll learn more advanced stuff, until higher level languages no longer cut it. then you'll dive into lower level programming languages that offer better performance but fewer amenities, and you'll write your more performance-intensive code in those languages.

front-loading the difficult stuff just to press someone's face against the grindstone is basically hazing. if this is how you need to act to feel superior, you should kill yourself so your cat can make use of your body by eating you.

The terms high-level and low-level are inherently relative. Some decades ago, the C language, and similar languages, were most often considered "high-level", as it supported concepts such as expression evaluation, parameterised recursive functions, and data types and structures, while assembly language was considered "low-level". Today, many programmers might refer to C as low-level, as it lacks a large runtime-system (no garbage collection, etc.), basically supports only scalar operations, and provides direct memory addressing. It, therefore, readily blends with assembly language and the machine level of CPUs and microcontrollers.

do you want the next paragraph from wikipedia or can i stop?

Keeping K&R. Concrete Maths looks fantastic.
Looks very helpful.
Plenty of people above you recommended O'Reilly. I'd hardly say non sequitur.

I thought you were referring to material difficulty level, autismo.
>unironically advising people to start with higher abstraction levels
Now get out, pajeet.

lisps is shitty and useless, learn haskell.

Lisps are wonderful. Clojure is a fantastic language, and nobody should ever use Java again.

just pick a language, then compile a list of all of the resources people mention for learning that language in a general context. so if you pick python, make a list of all the resources people mention. there are tons.

then go through the list. pick any book, tutorial, whatever, and try it. if it's not meshing with you, then move on.

my opinion of o'reilly is low, but if it clicks for you, then it's fine.

a programmer's knowledge is mainly derived from experience. you need to start acquiring experience by making stuff. the books will give you the theoretical backdrop you need to view a computer's behavior as "consistent" and not arbitrary, but you're not going to go back and re-read these books for secondary interpretations on nuanced themes or anything like that. just pick something that gets you on your feet and start moving.

>I thought you were referring to material difficulty level, autismo.
the only way you can be excused for that is if you're the OP, who has specifically said that he doesn't know anything about programming. but since the OP is apparently , i honestly can't fathom why you would ask such a stupid question and not google what was otherwise an obviously conspicuous term.

>autismo
mexican detected (yes all spanish countries are mexico).

Great advice thanks. I'll start working on projects right away.

>autista detected

inb4 OP quits before the third chapter

lol what? i was quoting the other guy. have you had enough sleep?

back to Sup Forums, autist

dubs of truth :(
never made past the third chapter on any of these

dont learn lisp, javascript is functional enought this days also more useful and elegant than that crap.
((((())))))(()))(())))))((()))))

Start with C++

>he still doesn't understand that "low level textbook" denotes an easy book in common speech
neck yourself contrarian retard

kek, do not listen to this fagget, use a well defined , portable, clean, well documented, usefull, with a a nice well proved libraries and amazing fast build systems JAVA.

C++ is a mess a features, c++ is like the girl who every month goes to the plastic doctor to get a remodelation cuz feels is getting old of fashion.

LeArninG HeX 4 DuMiez

>well defined
>portable
>clean
>well documented
>useful
>fast build system
Find me one example of a program that utilizes each of these qualities

Enjoy not reading any of those.

cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/documentation.html
heatonresearch.com/encog/
geti2p.net/es/