Soon 150,000,000 American people's SSN, name, Email, ...etc will be released

>Soon 150,000,000 American people's SSN, name, Email, ...etc will be released

rehmann.co/blog/email-russian-equifax-hackers/

What do you think? It feels like watching mr robot...

Other urls found in this thread:

equifaxsecurity2017.com/
mobile.twitter.com/AGSchneiderman/media/grid?idx=0
hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_REL_SURVEY_WHITE_CHRISTIANS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-09-06-06-46-35
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this fucking company tried to weasel its way out of lawsuits with arbitration clauses
I hate big government with a passion, but sometimes I wish they'd have at least *some* altruistic regulation that prevents executive faggots from getting away scot-free.

I mean, call me crazy, but I think there should be at least some consequences from compromising 1/2 of Americans' credit.

Fucking Russian bastards

>not just going to experian.com/scan for a free check against the darkweb identity theft scraper

>I mean, call me crazy, but I think there should be at least some consequences from compromising 1/2 of Americans' credit.
People will call you crazy for thinking that. Don't you know we NEED these private companies and their system of perpetual debt or else we'll have to live like animals in the mud? If half the country has their financial livelihoods permanently ruined well that's just the price of doing business.

I fucking hate the fact that most pro-capitalist cheerleaders seem to gloss over the whole "accountability" part that's supposed to enable consumers from taking their money elsewhere.

>those rich and in power
>are going to keep a system setup which will imprison them
top kek, the moment they lose their power is the moment the world starts to ends

so does this only affect people who have used equifax to check their credit score?

>imprison

Those fancy dressed up contracts aren't going to read themselves. Not like the people signing them give as much of a damn to read the fine print. As you said, they could have taken their money elsewhere.

No. Chances are, if you've checked your credit score through a company that just happened to be running their queries through Equifax, you're screwed. Think of them as "resellers" of the services Equifax provides. It's a price we pay for the pervasive subcontracting culture.

Is it shitty? Yeah. But what's the point of suing them? No one, including some big ass corporation like them is going to ever be safe. They have hackers trying to exploit their shit daily, I'm surprised we haven't seen worse things earlier. It's completely a knee-jerk reaction to sue them.

Nothing to hide nothing to fear

The problem is that most of the victims of this breach never used Equifax's services personally.

Good thing I have never fallen for the loan jew

>It's completely a knee-jerk reaction to sue them.

yeah thats right, we cant do anything to stop it so just let the big corporations get a pass.

fucking neck yourself corporatist cuck

If they were going to release them they'd be released already. It's just another bluff to attract attention

Thats the sad part. This company could be an affiliate, where the victims parent company sold their data to for credit appraisals, with this breach only showing that customers shouldn't even trust corporations that do this shit specified in their contracts.

The arbitration clause was buried deep inside the service agreement for people trying to sign up for Equifax's "credit protection" scheme post-breach. Basically, in exchange for asking the company that screwed up in the first place to protect their credit score, people had to give up their litigation rights. It's fucking predatory and immoral.

This wasn't their fault though? I'm not defending them as a company or their other methods, but they essentially have a big ass steel door guarding your shit, and people still broke through it. If someone breaks into your house no one sues you for letting that happen. It's not in their interest for your data to be stolen. I'm not sure how this is their fault. You are NEVER 100% secure.

>russian

Oh my, what a surprise.

>If someone breaks into your house no one sues you for letting that happen.

Terrible analogy

If I run a warehouse storing other peoples goods, and someone breaks in and steals your shit I was storing for you, you can absolutely sue - although in that case I should have insurance to cover any losses.

Wellp, I hope some immigrant gets my SSN and buys shit on credit or opens lines of credit and boosts my 450 score. If he can get anything without an obscene deposit.

The threat of litigation is what keeps those steel doors thick and impregnable, and the threat is meaningless without without actual litigation taking place every now and then.

But you're right. As more details become unearthed, I hope we get to find out just how prepared Equifax was. I pray and hope that it was some undiscovered zero day that caused the hack. Anything short of "we did everything we could, but they still broke through" is going to destroy the confidence in the industry. Not to mention it would land the executives in some hot waters -- especially since there's evidence that they sold off all of their company stock WEEKS before disclosing the breach.

>be trusted with something of incredible value on the pretense that you will take every single measure possible to protect it
>fuck up through pure incompetence
>"Well we tried so really it's not our fault"
Do you really think that's an acceptable attitude? If the Air Force came forward and told everyone they let a nuke get stolen do you think they would be allowed to shrug it off because they kinda tried to stop it?

It's very unlikely to be a zero day. It's likely that they had a pentest, then didn't bother to implement half the changes since they weren't needed for whatever security compliance requirement they did the pentest for.

They know no one is a lawyer, and they purposely exploit that in said contract. I honestly don't know why people don't take these contracts to law firms to have this shit reviewed by a third party.

I hope its something akin to sonys retardation with the PS3 private/public keys

kek

Not everyone can afford lawyers. It's going to hit the poor families that had to have their credit scores checked to rent apartments and whatnot, and it's tragic.

Damn. Creditkarma?

It's not their intention for your data to be stolen, they spend money on keeping it safe. They do all they can to keep it safe. It's completely retarded to then turn around and be angry at them. Again, they have people daily trying to get access to them, eventually something is going to happen, Equifax isn't the first and they aren't the last. You cannot blame them. How is anyone going to benefit from a lawsuit? Are you going to be safer somehow, are they going to try EXTRA harder now? There's nothing to gain from it.

I agree that some threat of litigation is going to scare any company, but again, it's going to benefit no one. If they pay out $10 billion dollars, and say 143 million people get a payout. Great you got like $70? I'd rather that money go towards more security.

I'm not aware of the details, so I have no idea if it was incompetence or not. Even if it was, again, to me it's what their intentions are. They obviously dread this type of thing happening. And they've gone decades without such a large issue. It was eventually going to happen, and it will happen again. It's a completely almost futile effort. You can do you best and poor millions into security and people will find a way. There is some reason to be upset with them, I get it, but this was bound to happen, it just seems like a completely pointless effort to sue.

WTF YOU CANT CHECK YOUR SHIT ANYMORE WITHOUT SIGNING UP FOR THEIR PRODUCT

equifaxsecurity2017.com/

>they sold off all of their company stock WEEKS before disclosing the breach
Thats what gives me evidence that this could have been setup.
This only goes to show we can't trust the people with money. America needs stronger anti-trust laws.

>I agree that some threat of litigation is going to scare any company, but again, it's going to benefit no one. If they pay out $10 billion dollars, and say 143 million people get a payout. Great you got like $70? I'd rather that money go towards more security.
It's less about the compensation and more about the threat of losses suffered by the company through litigation. It's how capitalism is supposed to work -- the threat of accountability and loss of confidence that drives companies to provide better and more secure services.

Another benefit is that the victims involved don't have to live out their lives with a glaring red mark on their credit, regardless of the outcome of the suit. If it's provable that the loss of credit was no fault of the individual, then they can move on with their lives and continue to contribute to the economy.

>And they've gone decades without such a large issue.
This is the largest beach of this nature ever so by definition everyone has gone decades without such a large issue. Equifax has had plenty of other instances where consumer information has been compromised in the past several years though which is a pretty clear indicator that security was not a high priority.

>it just seems like a completely pointless effort to sue
Suing a company into non-existance because they proved incapable of delivering on their obligations seems like a pretty worthwhile effort to me. Really it should happen more often.

>tfw I spent that last two years getting my score to 750
>should have just stayed as a no-credit cash user

Small print hidden away is not going to hold up in court. But considering how much money they have it just might.

ya u can tell there russian cuz the russian signachure (^:

>Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Wat do? Should I enroll?

>Selling your own stock when you know that company is going under in a month without disclosing
How is this even legal?

America.

>How is this even legal?
It isn't.

Are the news sites wrong then? They say that as long as you mail a letter saying you want the ability to be in a class action lawsuit to them within 30 days, you can join in any class action lawsuits.

Call your bank and credit card company first. Enroll if you like, be warned that it may Jew you out of a class action lawsuit if you don't read fine print.

>It's not their intention for your data to be stolen,
Who fucking cares?

CIA sponsored false-flag
>Even less of a surprise

>2). NO WAIVER OF RIGHTS FOR THIS CYBER SECURITY INCIDENT
In response to consumer inquiries, we have made it clear that the arbitration clause and class action waiver included in the Equifax and TrustedID Premier terms of use does not apply to this cybersecurity incident.

I guess they changed their mind on that.

That bit was added much later after public outcry. Initially, if you wanted them to shield your credit, you had to give up your litigation rights. And there's nothing stopping them from claiming that they were ""overwhelmed"" and didn't have the time to confirm your opt-out request.

Love a good non-neet ownage, put your money into the hands of the jews and pay for it

That just stinks of their upper echelon trying to see how much they can get away with. Just add the arbitration clause to cover their asses, and if people cry hard enough, pull it and make themselves appear like the good guys.

If security was not a high priority this would have happen many many many years ago. Don't be retarded. And "suing a company into non-existence" is extremely childish was of looking at things.

And normies will eat that shit up.

>Initially, if you wanted them to shield your credit, you had to give up your litigation rights
from what i understand, it was a clarification on the terms. any agreement after the fact would be unenforceable. it'd be like hitting you in the head with a baseball bat and then giving you a document that says we can discuss what just happened if you promise not to sue. a judge would invalidate it immediately.

If it follows standard legal procedures, as long as you ship it before the certain date, then that counts as submitting before the deadline.

>If security was not a high priority this would have happen many many many years ago.
It's been happening for years at all the credit reporting agencies because they all had chronically poor security practices. This was just the big one.

>And "suing a company into non-existence" is extremely childish was of looking at things.
Why? They failed to uphold their obligations. What's the point in keeping a company around that can't fill their role in the marketplace?

>America

I hope that's the case. Arbitration is virtually unregulated that I fear any weasling on the company's end might be possible.

>It's not their intention for your data to be stolen, they spend money on keeping it safe.

irrelavent

>They do all they can to keep it safe.

This remains to be seen

>Again, they have people daily trying to get access to them, eventually something is going to happen, Equifax isn't the first and they aren't the last.

So do fucking banks. When was the last time a major bank had a data breech of all its users?

>How is anyone going to benefit from a lawsuit? Are you going to be safer somehow, are they going to try EXTRA harder now? There's nothing to gain from it.

Nope, if someone is harmed from this data leak, which is almost a certainty, then they should get some sort of remuneration

>LE EPIN RUSSIAN BOOGEYMAN

do liberals have no shame at all anymore?

Hopefully the Russians can do this to the other two and we'll finally be free of the credit bureau jew.

yes, trust the little blurb dont bother reading the actual small print

mobile.twitter.com/AGSchneiderman/media/grid?idx=0

It was in response to the NY Attorney General's inquiry.

>What do you think?
How long before all those crazy neocon jews and libtards end up blaming MUH RUSSSSIANS on this?

kek

Couldn't give a fuck tho... my credit is shit anyway.

>genetically driven

reminder that there was absolutely nothing wrong in the long telegram

I actually read the small print. Nowhere in the Terms of Use did any of the contract apply to Equifax itself, only the company which Equifax owns. You can read the first sentence and realize that Equifax is not excused from any arbitration.

all his work was for nothing. russians will outlast the US. US is already falling apart due to massive immigration and identity politics.

>US is already falling apart due to massive immigration and identity politics.

which is mainly due to the slow death of religion

>you fell for the credit meme

>religion
maybe so.

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_REL_SURVEY_WHITE_CHRISTIANS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-09-06-06-46-35

Why doesn't the CIA try to kill these people?

The (((people))) that own the CIA aren't affected by this so (((they))) aren't going to sic (((their))) dogs on anyone.

he's not wrong though.

>tfw Christianity is the lesser evil
>tfw the reason atheism fails is because the general population is retarded
this truly is saddening

>be american
>get doxxed by incompetent corporate oligarchy

But at least you have mu h guns

Hmm, I hope you aren't implying these people are in any way necessary for the world not ending, nor are they in any way special (as in no one else could their job without a summer of khan academy). Business isn't an art and gab along with it. The VAST majority of these fucks got where they are through nepotism and that's IT.

There's actually quite a bit of case law in regards to this.

If the data was just out in the open and unprotected then they'll have to pay.

If the hacker had to actually do something malicious at all, then they won't have to pay.

Best way I can compare it, is like how car insurance companies won't pay for a stolen vehicle if you purposely left it running with the keys in it in your driveway.

i have a serious question

hypothetically, if i'm concerned for my safety vis a vis my identity being stolen

and i think the threat is some guy, let's use a random hypothetical name like John and some random verb like Gamble. if i think the threat is this guy john gamble leaking my SSN, driver's license number, address, etc... everything necessary to steal my identity, hypothetically

like i have a very real fear that he's going to catastrophically ruin my life

hypothetically

could i just fucking shoot him?

in florida?

in texas?

where would i have to lure this John Gamble in order to kill him and not go to prison for murder?

hypothetically.

Go to bed, you're drunk.

good goy

>tfw you just don't care anymore
have you fugs not been paying attention?
anyway, still want to get in the sec field, seems very interesting.
don't plan on buying a car or a house any time soon so eh. ill just keep doing what ive been doing and monitor the score.

this

the West should respond more forcefully to their bullshit, enough is enough

The sad thing is, nothing is going to happen to the big CEO's who allowed this to happen. This hack happening a few months ago, but we're only hearing about it now because they had to sell their precious stocks.

This is nothing like Mr Robot. This is one of a number of credit bureau that merely aggregate credit information on people. This is really fucking stupid, and might fuck a lot of people's finances up.

my predictions

-illuminati relentlessly scraping data to find the next jesus christ
-"russian" data mining to get social security benefits on anyone recently deceased, to fund either some rebellion, insurgency, or a really huge false flag
-looking for trumps credit score
-data mining american citizens to get more illegal immigrants

protip: russia is really fucking muslim. You don't know it becuase all you hear about is muh putin, muh hackers, and muh vodka.
could be ISIS setting up their cyberwarfare division in russia.
might make sense becuase ISIS is funded by isreal and Isreal hates russia becuase Putin wants to be the head of the NWO and not the Kikes.

>illuminati relentlessly scraping data to find the next jesus christ
its me

heheh too bad they didn't suspect that i'd be a NEET with no credit posting on Sup Forums. score 1 for the good guys

so y'all genuinely think social security is a capitalistic idea?

>be American
>get cucked
What else is new?

How much data is this? Somebody give an estimate.

In a way, yeah

how come the ebil hackers always use cockli?

>almost genetically driven
>xenophobic
>what are hyperboles
top class journalism right here

I want off the ride. Everyone who has any actual power in this world is an asshole, and everyone who says they want change is working for some ridiculous "cause" that doesn't really fix the issue and causes more problems on top of it.

>-illuminati relentlessly scraping data to find the next jesus christ
We tried that, our AI went nuts. Then we sent another AI after *that* AI and the second AI went nuts too. And now the AIs have brainfucked Jesus and they think they're God.

>my info gets compromised through anthem few months back
>file credit freezes and monitoring services through Equifax
>my info is now compromised again

Jesus fucking Christ

Kek. First Irma now this. This weekend is getting better and better.
I should get more popcorn...

I've never seen this level of corporate cock sucking. Do you work for them?

People just wanna be hedonist degenerates if there's no set of social rules written in stone, it's sad that religion is the only one to achieve that and even only to a certain point.
And to any criticism the common response is "dude have fun YOLO".

You do realize that a couple Equifax execs sold millions of dollars worth of stock two weeks after the hack, and two weeks BEFORE we were told about it?