Hahaha Firefox shows ads now. ahahaha

hahaha Firefox shows ads now. ahahaha

where is AD for open society foundation??

And eventually it will fill up with your recent website visits and you'll see no ads
You just had to make a thread today didn't you

They're most used websites per country,
not the ad, you silly pussy.
Turn it off, it you don't wanna see it.

hello google shilling wh*Te subhuman

Not yet boss, if we do it now while the news about your Sponsorship is still fresh we'll rattle the reeeee'tards.
Soon boos, I promise.

Why do they do it in the first place?

>huurr durr why would they include the most visited websites for the country your in

You are retarded

Yea, why do they do it?

Ease of use for the general demographic most normies will be using those sites

Those are no ads you dumb fucking shitstain

Because most people aren't as autistic as you to be triggered by an immediate choice of sites they'll be interested in.

>most popular sites
>they'll be interested
>wow dude have you heard about youtube? here is the ad for you

It's not an ad, it's a link. Retard.

wow, what an actual retard

prove its not

Isn't that what ads are...? A fucking advertisement with a link to their site?

wow, ad's aren't ads if you make them clickable.
All web ads are now just links.

wat

I've never seen this wikipedia advertisement before, what's the website used for?

So you're saying your bookmarks are ads? You're saying that results of your search engine are also ads? How autistic can you be?

Holy shit a literal retard

My bookmarks are added by me voluntarily. And yes, Google shows you ads on their search pages.

If I haven't visited that page and it's suggesting it to me it's advertising it, no?

Firefox has been doing this for ages. And these aren't ads. These will be replaced by your most-visited sites. Firefox isn't being payed to display those.

norway sure looks like some sperm

>Google is the only search engine

How would you know what you want if you weren't first told it exists? How would you discover YouTube/Wikipedia/VK/Facebook? And yes, people suggesting the sites to you is verbal advertising. So do you just sperg out on people if they mention a site you don't know? "Shut up fag stop advertising!"

This. And there's nothing wrong with it. All modern browsers have an autocomplete option when you start typing in the address bar, which is the same shit. It's there to give you a faster access to sites you likely want to visit.

No, there isn't anything wrong with it, but to say it's not an ad isn't exactly correct.

Wasn't arguing that it was a bad thing, just saying, it's still advertising, just because you're not paid for it, doesn't mean you don't have any benefit from it.

That reminds me, I tried out the new Firefox and its pretty fast now. I don't know whether or not it still lags/freezes from time to time, anyone more experienced with the new FF?

I want to know whether or not when/if it freezes, does the whole program become unusable or does it only limit itself to one tab?

Oy vey goyim! We know what's best for you!

browser.newtabpage.directory.source;data:text/plain,
browser.newtabpage.enhanced;false
it's just another about:config tweak you have to do to de-botnet firefox

or you could click on that little gear icon on the upper right and then de-select all checkboxes.

Until next week when they remove the boxes to streamline the interface.
I mean according to our survey, only 1.2% of users are using those checkboxes anyway and maintaining checkboxes is hard, so they're on the chopping block.

>wow they let you easily remove the stuff you don't like... BUT WHAT IF THEY REMOVE IT?????? HAHA DEBUNKED

there's an easier fix
remove ff
install chromium

Thanks for bringing this up, I was getting fed up with SJWfox lately and this just made me install Opera.

I just want to be able to set my own newtab page without a stupid addon or python server workaround.

>ads aren't ads because they might eventually be bumped off screen due to your history filling up

OK shill.

Firefox 52 ESR doesn't have this problem

He also in the MS. Should edge promote his foundation or you are just an idiot?