Intel Covfefe Lake price just leaked

Intel Covfefe Lake price just leaked
techreport.com/news/32524/rumor-european-site-leaks-eighth-gen-core-cpu-prices-and-launch-date

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/72147/intel-core-8th-gen-coffee-lake-cpus-listed-for-back-order
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-ryzen-5-1600-1600x-vs-core-i5-7500k-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

these extra two cores will cost you 70 more dollars, goy.
now come, open your mouth, my stomach hurts.

BUT WHY?
I can get 1600 for

did they actually believe they can compete with those prices and without HT on anything BUT i7s?

lol
lol
LOL
lol
lol

>people thought Intel would take a hit to its margins

Hehehe

Fucking kikes.

A sensible business would in the face of fierce competition.

Sensible business, not Intel.

Even higher than the Canadian retailer price leak. WTF is going on, Intel? videocardz.com/72147/intel-core-8th-gen-coffee-lake-cpus-listed-for-back-order

>paying 400 European pesos for some crushed sand

Can someone bring Otellini back?
Or better, fucking resurrect Noyce.

For the first time in many, many years AMD got competent management and now they're fucking crucifying Intel.

Wow, $100 more than a 7700k you can get right now.
At best it will be some 5% faster in games if the game can use more than 8 threads.
Otherwise it might actually lose in a few shitty coded games.

+20% price increase. Fucking hell.

>200 euros for i3
LMAO

Gotta keep 60% margins somehow.

>ryzen 7 1700
>270 usd
Bye bye intel

I doubt Intel will have to worry too much about its marketshare. In games it will still outperform AMD by a bit, and a lot of people will be buying them purely based on that, even if it isn't sensible from a price/perf perspective.

Y-you can OC it goy (mobo for OCing costs 150 peso).

>OCing a i3

Who does that

Ryzen sales tell the whole other story.

Still no reason to upgrade from muh 2600k @ 5GHz. It's 6,5 years old lmao

Yes that surely what happens, people buy intel to run games at 145 fps instead of 130 fps on their 60hz monitors.

Not sure if sarcastic or not, because it does happen. AMD sales are good, but Intel had a fuckhuge marketshare which you're not suddenly losing, if only because casuals are used to Intel and still think AMD is garbo.
Just trying to say they're probably not all that retarded. I'm sure they put some thought into their pricing.

Casuals are not buying standalone CPUs.
They are buying 15w craptop shitboxes.

>I'm sure they put some thought into their pricing.

Yeah, a delicate balance of die size(which is 30%+ larger than Kabylake) and 60% gross margins.

>$300 i5
There is no way they can sell for 50% higher price than a Ryzen 5 without multithreading unless they get some massive IPC improvement.
Another $120 more for the multithreaded 6 core is insane.

Don't forget the 1080ti that has a whopping 0.56% marketshare on Steam.

>300 € for the i5
its always us europeans who will get fucked

The "old and hot" skylake-X 6 core is $400+
Why would you think this one is different?

DESU the Canadian retailer leaked prices seem a lot more sane.

i7-8700K 6c12t $380
vs
R7 1700X 8c16t $350

i7-8700 6c12t $320
vs
R7 1700 8c16t $300

i5-8600K 6c6t $265
vs
R5 1600X 6c12t $250

i5-8400 6c6t $185
vs
R5 1600 6c12t $200
R5 1400 4c8t $165

i3-8350K 4c4t $180
vs
R5 1500X 4c8t $180

i3-8100 4c4t $120
vs
R3 1300X 4c4t $130
R3 1200 4c4t $110

ryzen is selling like hot cakes i doubt people care for 5 more fps you know

DELET. IT'S A LIE

So you have to pay a couple of dollars more for a much better CPU compared to Kabylake.
Where's the problem?

COFFIN LAKE
COFFIN LAKE
COFFIN LAKE

+20%
is that at launch above retail or after launch?

not him, but the steam metrics are not factual because they are optional and not everyone gets them.

I've been a steam user for 13 years and only last week I got a steam hardware survey. I've read about people getting dozens of them on their shitty celeron laptops but none on their gayman computers.

Why can't Valve just gather info from all customers anonymously?

>Covfefe
AMDegenerates confirmed hillary shills, no surprise here, I mean poor people are usually stupid heh

imagine if all the miners had steam

just imagine that

It's from rumored price. So +20% higher than rumored price

FOUR TWENTY
Y
_O
__L
___O

well they burned a lot of money on shills they need to sell them high

>AMD: 87%
>Nvidia: 11%
>Intel: 2%

i5 7600 already beats the 1600 in single core tasks and Coffee Lake should be 10% faster than Kaby Lakes.

>single core tasks

10% faster from 300Mhz more base clock

Are we sure the 8600k is 6c6t?

People have been memeing about it since Core 2 Quads were out if not earlier and it's still not true today.
Raw power is still what matters the most and it's not even about games where you are rarely limited by the CPU but more about just normal tasks like simply using your computer, browsing, office work, photoshop, emulation, etc.

Intel being 5% faster in single-threaded tasks in 2017 doesn't matter anymore since both are more than fast enough

>5%
come now

If only it was 5%

so in terms of prices, basically they renamed potential i9 as i7 and i7 as i5 and i5 as i3 because adding i9 to the series would be seen as they are really defeated with AMD's latest architecure&pricing.

lmao.

clocked at 5ghz vs 3.9ghz

how the fuck are you not disgusted by monkey soup?

What's the problem? Both are overclocked.

>coffee lake

you mean coffin lake?

Lately it's more line Intel stabbing itself in the dick repeatedly. AMD doesn't even need to do anything, just release their stuff for an okay price and the rest is done by Intel. Amazing.

Stock vs stock, and that benchmark they probably both hit their ST turbos which would be 4.5GHz vs 4GHz. The 1800X is also more expensive and has less OC headroom than the 7700K.

AMD CPU marketing got much, much better though.
And Intel can't stop stabbing itself in the fuck because they promised 60% margins.

So their response is to put the price up? Lol they are fucked 7nm is ages away for Intel and 10nm is destroyed.

AMD are cucking them with ancient 14nm sub 4ghz chips imagine what 7nm ryzen 2 will do next year I can't wait.

1600 has the best perf/$ ive ever seen

T. 1600x

single core tasks
for real

Ryzen has better ipc and butter multithreaded and in game performance and higher ram speeds

Aww how cute your stuck in 2007

see I wonder..

>your stuck
uhhm sweetie it's spelled "you're".

UMA DELICIA

But single threaded will always stay relevant.

raw power means nothing with the software is NOT agnostic and its better suited for one cpu than the rest

but you already knew that otherwise you wouldnt have said that

yes it is relevant if you are still living in 2005

i5-7600 non-K doesn't have shit on the 1600. Mainly because it can't OC.

Not even the i5-7600K is reccomended anymore. eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-ryzen-5-1600-1600x-vs-core-i5-7500k-review

I guess you could say I'm single threaded when it cums 2 grammar
T. Literally 2000s

Multithreaded performance has been extremely important for well over a decade even in videogames.

Sadly Intel finally crap the bed again and the shills come to whip up their shit every time.

AMD is only going to bounce back harder next year when zen2 and Vega 7nm drops

>Coffee Lake should be 10% faster than Kaby Lakes.
No IPC improvement and you're lucky if there's any clockspeed improvement.

Ipc doesn't matter a shit because of thermal jizz terrible chipsets and stupid 4 core 8 thread in 2017 with crazy thermals and power usage to boot.

Reee lake is the Vega 64 of cpus

last time i did some math on it it ended up being 5% at best over ryzen (clock for clock), which is pathetic really. looks like the jews are gonna be in full damage control this next year

>Multithreaded performance has been extremely important for well over a decade even in videogames
>Meanwhile the 7700K is still untouchable in gaming
really makes you think

>Literally a extra 5 fps over much lower clocked ryzen and similar average fps
Oh wow it's nothing

>Meanwhile the 7700K is still untouchable in gaming
I would go with 1600x + $100(?) more expensive videocard than 7700k and some cheaper videocard desu.

>fellow mobileposter

>gaming
We'll see why Intel shifted to multicores, more devs will utilize multicores in their video games, if they stop being lazy.

>pajeets in charge of PC ports
>stop being lazy
Does not compute.

when sony introduced their 8 core cpu for ps3 in 2005, devs who adapted to multicore programming made really good money.

CELL was not exactly an 8core CPU.
It only had one actual core.
SPUs were in-order vector processing units (very similar to modified P54 cores employed by Larrabee).

>extra 5 fps
Nice making up numbers again. The difference is appreciable.
>much lower clocked ryzen
>waa waa intel has higher clock speeds, it's not fair
It's completely irrelevant. If you want high clock speeds maybe build an architecture that allows for that.

Sensible choice. The 1600(X) is great value. I don't know why some people can't be content with that, instead of insisting that Intel does not have a significant singlethreaded advantage.

post the results of the 1800x at 5ghz then

I am very content with my 1600x

Only thing it struggles with is cemu but botw ran shit on everything

Whats the master plan of intel?

Preservation of 60% margins at any cost.

Just do their usual thing and stay on top.
They can keep rehashing haswells for 5 more years and will still be faster than Zen X

>unironically eating monkey

everything's fine intel is safe lalalalalala can't hear you

They can't keep rehashing against a die shrink, user. Now I don't believe for a second Zen 2 will hit 5GHz but it'd be pretty gud already if they could manage 4.5.

@62332616
@62332635
Benchmarks
don't
lie

If Intel's 14+ manages to hit 5ghz, why won't much superior process do it?

Crashing their CPU with no delidding

By the time Zen 2 is out Intel will have Cannonlake.

SLOWER
THAN
14NM

Which can't clock as high as their own 14nm node.

Cannonlake is mobile only. Tigerlake is due 2019

You skipped Icelake, which is 10+ and will compete against Zen2.

I don't know why you'd be comparing the two. Ryzen hits a brick wall at 4.1 at best, they simply clock lower.