Hello Sup Forums friends. Would you live in a condominium with this view...

Hello Sup Forums friends. Would you live in a condominium with this view, even though it is in the very violent city of Chicago?

Sure why not. That condo looks like an expensive shit

there are no condos with a view in the violent part of chicago you IDIOT

Pretty decent. I'd much rather live somewhere like the Hancock Center, a Skyscraper on the lake.

Yeah. I've been to Chicago dozens of times and I'd live there if I came across the right job. The entire city isn't a warzone, violent crime generally stays in the dindu-containment zones.

>Would you live in a condominium with this view, even though it is in the very violent city of Chicago?

What's the point if you're going to get shot on your way to work, or buying groceries? Just say no.

Chicago kinda managed not becoming Detroit or St. Louis. Mb it is just b/c it's too big city to be fucked completely

Basically, see this

Most of chicago isn't very dangerous mate, especially not the part you're showing.

that isn't a violent area of chicago op

only small part of chicago is violent
looks like a great city, is rent bad?

Sure, luxury and separation from the bad side can make any hell hole livable.

Is Chicago just a shittier New York?

>is rent bad
relative to cities with a similar population no, if youre just comparing it with the whole country yes obviously it's a lot more

yeah relative to cities. i was thinking of studying there

It's a pretty good city. Parts are gentrifying quite rapidly, but there are still some affordable non-shithole parts.

new york is a foreigner containment zone to be absolutely honest with you

i dont live in ny or chicago but ive been to both and chicago kills it for livability

The drug and gang problem used to be extremely small and localized in poor housing projects (literal commie blocks for black people) but shitty, idealistic social programs and retarded policing fucked it all up. They demolished the housing projects and scattered the once centralized gangs all across Chicago because they thought that would dilute the bad influence and lower crime somehow. Instead it just seeded a bunch of small gangs all across the south side of Chicago and precipitated a massive turf war across the urban sprawl. And the cops keep fucking up by arresting the big leader characters before any one group can take real control so there is constant instability and struggle for dominance.

It's not a problem if you stay north of Pershing though.

Absolutely this. Id only move to Jew York if I made AT MINIMUM $500k a year. If you make less than that it can still be liveable but for the money you would be much better off living in other cities. You can live very well in Chicago on $100k a year and you still have access to world-class cultural institutions, restaurants, parks etc.

>new york is a foreigner containment zone

literally all americans are foreigners though

It's still localized to dindu hoods though

New York is full of first generation foreigners though. The trashiest kind of foreigner. And its full of shlomo sheklesteins and moshe goldbergs.

>that fucking garbage ass HDR

Ken Rockwell approved

At least they arent hungry