I'm moving to Dallas, TX next month. What should I expect? Any Dallas anons on Sup Forums?

I'm moving to Dallas, TX next month. What should I expect? Any Dallas anons on Sup Forums?

My new job is in Plano btw. I want to move at cycling distance, is it possible?

I'm pretty exited about it, they'll give me a green card if I stay for 3 years. First thing I'll do will be buying an AR-15.

pls respond

Hot and Humid

>What should I expect?
Spics mostly. The water tastes like shit though, buy a water purifier or something. Don't act like a faggot and don't bring up politics and you should be fine

>I want to move at cycling distance, is it possible?
No

I don't know if you can buy firearms without being a citizen

t.Fort Worth

oh, well I never expected to drink tap water or anything.

I was expecting it to be dry, maybe like Santiago.

>oh, well I never expected to drink tap water or anything.
Why

Did you post about this a few months ago? I remember a thread about a Chilean dude moving to Plano.
Plano is pretty good, you might come across a few homeless niggers but they're few and far between.

Why are you so excited? You already live in Texas...

You should probably not correct people when they ask if you're Mexican. It will open a lot of doors.

Or just laugh it off and say "same thing"

Because tap water from a city not right near to the mountain is pretty much guaranteed to taste like ass. When I lived in a coastal city here in Chile I couldn't stand the water and had to buy jugs even for cooking.

Yeah, I was deciding between a job in Toronto and this one, at the end took the Texas one.

Because I'll go from making $28k a year to make $125k a year.

Oh my. Good for you user.
Well anyway the metroplex fucking sucks in terms of culture, there is literally nothing special about this place, it's ugly as sin and the downtown area of Dallas is a joke. Sundance Square in Fort Worth is kind of fun, but it's really just plain old clubs & bars, nothing special. Infrastructure is pretty good in terms of roads and public schools and the really important stuff, but there is barely any public transit & what stuff there is is utter shit. You can't do anything without a car. The people are decent though, and you can probably find cool friends that make all this worthwhile, especially if you're making that good munty, hunty. Overall you made a good choice imo, since with that money you can take some fun ass vacations that make ugly Texas worth it.

Yeah, I remember that thread. Hell, I can probably guess which company you'll be working for.
I think you'll like it in Plano; it's pretty nice here. The biggest problem is that it gets to the triple digits in the summer, and the single digits in the winter.

What job?

>Because I'll go from making $28k a year to make $125k a year.
Congrats m8

Another question: How hard it to get a driving licence in the US? Do I have to take tests and stuff, even if I already have a licence from around here?

oh well. I'm sure I'll find something to do.

I guess getting used to Fahrenheit will be another thing I'll have to do.

Lead programmer

Thanks!

>How hard it to get a driving licence in the US?
Not very. I'm not sure how it works for non-citizens, but if you're over 18 here you can just go and take a driving test

>I guess getting used to Fahrenheit will be another thing I'll have to do.
A decent rule of thumb is to subtract 30 from the Fahrenheit and then halve it

Well that'll do, thanks.

I'll look into the DMV website, thanks.

Texas state law says you have to have a green card for 90 days before application. Also the requirements are listed in Form 4473 from the ATF.

I fucking hate Dallas, but seriously good for you man. Good luck!

t. Houston

I am looking for jobs in Chile atm. Any tips? I wouldn't mind Santiago, but I want to go south in Puntas Arenas area. Are there jobs in Patagonia?

Besides tourism, and ranching, probably not much.

Oh nice. Thanks!