Why do websites' message boards still filter words?

Why do websites' message boards still filter words?

Think about it - the success of Reddit and Sup Forums prove that nobody gives a fuck about censoring bad words.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/39nang/reddit_hard_bans_all_op_links_to_slimgur_the/
infowars.com/reddit-shadow-bans-infowars-as-fake-news-war-accelerates/
reddit.com/r/HailCorporate/comments/499f4m/a_chocolate_bar_ad_in_rfood_bonus_til_that/d0q93sb/?context=5
np.reddit.com/r/announcements/comments/39bpam/removing_harassing_subreddits/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reddit does it though.
Not only censoring words, but ideas and beliefs.

[citation needed]

this desu senpai

Literally do research before posting. Last couple of CEOs resigned because they were personally censoring posts.

dude ... I was banned for r/europe 20 times for being xenophobic .. also they have a downvote system

so dont you dare thik glorius Sup Forums is the same as shitreddit

just because some faggot mods moderate a subreddit you've been banned from doesn't mean the whole site is shit.

also your fault for being xenophobic. why can't you just tolerate other people? like really?

Sup Forums still filters words

have you been living under a rock?

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/39nang/reddit_hard_bans_all_op_links_to_slimgur_the/
infowars.com/reddit-shadow-bans-infowars-as-fake-news-war-accelerates/
reddit.com/r/HailCorporate/comments/499f4m/a_chocolate_bar_ad_in_rfood_bonus_til_that/d0q93sb/?context=5
np.reddit.com/r/announcements/comments/39bpam/removing_harassing_subreddits/

and so on and so forth

>this C󠁫U󠁫C󠁫K can't bypass the filter
s󠁫m󠁫h t󠁫b󠁫h f󠁫a󠁫m

I honestly tried thinking of another image board or chat forum on par with Sup Forums, and I can't. If Sup Forums shut down over night, what and where would anons do or go?

>senpai
HOW?

Cuck isn't filtered anymore, cuck

Would probably shit up Lainchan instead

it's filtered if you write it all uppercase

To irc.rizon.net

Stfu. LC has enough retards on it.
Doesnt need anymore popularity than it had in 2015

I like leftist bring up Paradox of tolerance
They will never think about their own intolerance

kys KEK

Let's hope Sup Forums doesn't disappear then :^)

>desu

>xenophobia? Like really? Ugh, I can't even omg
And in the same post he defends reddit, is anybody even surprised?

>KEK
Go back to leldit pls.

>They wouldn't tolerate me being an obnoxious asshole, so the lefty fascists censored me.

No, it's all over the site. You can literary disagree with a someone on a retro video game in a very personal and purely taste related matter, if it turns out they are a mod, you're fucked.

Lainchan is full of underage "script kiddies".
Stay clear of it, unless you're underage, then please go there.

This is so true.

Usually nobody is being an obnoxious asshole, but they will ask you for opinion and mark you as one if they don't agree with your answer.

Why are these replaced though?
Don't get it t󠁫b󠁫h

You are fucking new OP. Word filters have always been a staple of Sup Forums and image boards in general.

dude do you know what free speech is ?
dont answer I already know the answer

It is though. It has always been a heavily moderated space.
But only on certain topics. Sup Forums is moderated too and has been for a long time.
Reddit has had much more disturbing content than Sup Forums. The only place for guro is Sup Forums for instance meanwhile reddit has had all kinds of nasty shit all over.
But political stuff is censored on reddit all the time.

Not everyone wants their website to become a shithole like Sup Forums or reddit.

Never happened to me, and I have some pretty extreme views on many subjects.

Remember that:
1. you can formulate anything so that it isn't offensive.
2. you don't have to voice your opinion on anything.

>free speech
Sup Forums and reddit aren't common goods, pleb. They can do what they want.

Aren't most message boards 13+?

REDDIT CENSORS YOU FUCKING RETARD!

Check out r/THE_DONALD

They fug with their numbers all the time and the_donald calls them out on that shit all the fucking time

Good, they can stay there and not come here

too late cowboy

the fuck?
desu i wouldn't be surprised if this woulf also happen on Sup Forums. just imagine it. i know it won't happen because the mods don't talk with us, but imagine it.i filtered all political subs so i can't speak for that. /r/politics is a shithole though, i agree.

This is why we need anime, those reddit fuckers hate anime if it's not some ironic meme or ultra entry level

i agree that the_donald should be banned.

here, your free speech.

are you the_donaldOPHOBIC ? kek

you know what they did in the past few months/years, right?

of course i know.... i did it

This is literally just a justification for people being thin-skinned pussies. It's not a culture we should support with propaganda of this nature.
You cancerous faggot, you.

[triggered]

Sup Forums sensors words all the time
though its not typically profane language

like I bet more than half the time somebody writes desu in they're post they're not even typing desu

THIS

write "t b h" without spaces and it will automatically convert to desu

this desu

Sup Forums literally has and had word filters. and used to have retarded mods with USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST. and it has a lot of rules. reddit is basically more free, but also has flaws

This whole tread is cancer

I Honestly had no idea there were any words that got filtered here desu. I remember there were some funny ones on Sup Forums, like 7, but I have no idea if those are still around.

>lol it's not censorship if it's a private corporation oppressing you

is it with alt 255? show me your ways phampai I'm on the phone right now

because every 2nd post contained them at some point, idk it's been a while

>reddit is basically more free

[deleted]

I'd like to see Sup Forums wordfilters for botnet, amd, intel, shill, btfo, recover, "is technology", etc. More for entertainment value than anything

Admins learned 3 decades ago that it's much, much, much much easier to just ban everything they don't like instead of coming up with real counter arguments. Scary part is that web software touts this as a major feature nowadays. It's just that ingrained, they know you're a piece of shit and the software caters to you even if you don't know what you're going to become yet. The totalitarian or fascist regimes that you thought were gone in the 40s are thriving online because all you have to do is spend $10 a month to keep some interest site up and wait for it to get a community, then start being a piece of shit and banning everyone. Sub forums can do this too within days if the admin above it doesn't ever go there.

>reddit is basically more free
m8 you are going full retarded

So you and that reddit comic guy think free speech as a concept only exists and was created for the purposes of the bill of rights? Believe it or not, free speech is a value.

>just dont talk you stupid goy
Why don't you go back, faggot?

Because everyone was sick of phone posters who can only express thought in texting speak.

the best post in the thread right here

You utter moron. Sup Forums doesn't have to filter and censor its own words, at least half of the people here are already doing it to themselves. For years, people went out of their way to install client-side scripts to "customize" Sup Forums and bragged about it, and it apparently had enough demand to get moot to cut out the middle man and integrate the features directly into the site.

Most of the post-screening filters are just there to make the mods' job easier. Everything else is just faggots cherry-picking content to stay in their own virtual bubble and to not engage with the site as a whole.

sometimes view plebbit, the /european/ board was good until they banned it. /europe/ is utter garbage.

there was a time people wouldn't openly boast about visiting reddit

and god forbid on some sites people ask of you to converse respectfully and polite as you would in the real world. and not throw insults left and right like a 12 year old.