A brief history of Nvidia graphics and why they are fucking fanboys and gamers in the ass

A brief history of Nvidia graphics and why they are fucking fanboys and gamers in the ass.

But please do continue to suck leather jacket man's dick Nvidia cucks.

P.S. The GTX 1080 is a 'mid range' GPU.

youtube.com/watch?v=_j6TiSdKT0A

youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1bp9eSfwo

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-visualfx-overview
investor.nvidia.com/results.cfm
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6z4fku/adored_tv_a_history_of_nvidia_geforce_part_1/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/6z4es5/both_ramd_and_rnvidia_deleted_my_adoredtv_links/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Adoredshill

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

The reason why Nvidia has fans is because they innovate new technology, and use software optimization to make things run better, dispite always having less gpgpu and cores:apus than AMD.

developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-visualfx-overview

>I'm too blinded and ignorant to listen to another persons opinion.

Time to learn your GPU history kiddo.

I think you mean they basically buy market share through proprietary software that only runs well on their hardware.

And that even when AMD has the better card people still buy the nvidia solution due to years of mindshare

>P.S. The GTX 1080 is a 'mid range' GPU.
Stopped reading there.

>I'm too idiotic and dumb enough to listen to a known AYYMD shill

>I'm too idiotic and dumb.

GTX 1080 is GP x04 architecture. If you know your Nvidia history it has ALWAYS been a mid range GPU. Nvidia used to have huge performance increases of well over 60%

Now you will be lucky to get 30% with incremental cut versions (Titan Xp anyone?). For twice or thrice the cost.

But continue being buttfucked and not caring.

Watch and learn or don't and be a good little cuck.

I know my GPU history; I've been alive longer than the concept of a GPU. Nvidia is providing a better service via working closely with developers, and innovating new optimizations for graphical applications. If GPGPU and raw flops were all that mattered, sure AMD is better, but it actually doesn't count for anything in 99% of use cases. Only bitcoin mining, and that's AMDs main consumer base. They clearly don't care about gamers.They've tried and tried again to switch over to more accellerated platforms, like OpenGL, Vulkan, but devs just aren't comfortable with doing that. Nobody who makes games is interested in switching from their comfort zones, and so AMD will always fail to get a good framerate.

Damn, you dont see this level of retardation everyday.

I cant tell which group of people are the saltiest of the decade, Hillary supporters or AMDtards.

Salty yes. But untruthful? No. Nvidia single handedly took the price of gaming GPU's from less than $300 to over $1000 in less than 18 years. They concentrate on money now than actual innovation.

>Adored shill fishing for views.

BUT MUH AMD MASTERPLAN

But it's working. For compute. AMD dominate consoles. AMD have just sold Vega to Apple and BAIDU etc.

Gamers are LOW priority now.

My cards is all women

ASE

>Gamer are low priority
Nice plan lmao, Nvidia bigger profits come from gaming.

Doubt it. Nvidia have a large investment in Tesla etc. Gaming is chump change.

That's you, dumb and idiotic enough to listen to propaganda from an AYYMD asskissing shill that is extremely butthurt Vega is a colossal failure

Now that depends on your point of view. For some Vega is perfectly fine (Apple and Baidu seem to think so).

Gaming fags need to get a fucking clue. What's the matter? Scared you might have your opinion changed even just a little? Head in sand syndrome at its finest.

I'm not wasting my precious time and giving Adoredshill views and money, you can go and fuck yourself in the ass, Adoredshill

>t. Brainlet

>t. manlet with terrible accent

>Doubt it
You know Nvidia is a public company, right?
Financial statements are available to the public.
investor.nvidia.com/results.cfm

>nvidia averages 30% perf uplift average per gen
>meanwhile amd averages 10%

wow who would have thought!!

fuck off retard. the whole 290(x)-390(x) rebrand fiasco has made me lose all faith in amd. not even going from r9 fury x to vega is more than the nvidia average.

Don't care. Its your loss.

This was used in the videos linked. He actually admires Nvidia for being great at making money. He also complemented the 980 series.

>tfw you want a job at NVIDIA

he's an official amd partner. they even feature his videos on their gaming evolved website forum thing. he also gets first dibs on all the latest gpu's like he was the first in the world to receive the vega 64 liquid edition straight from amd

I agree. AMD lost on performance overall. But at least they are not shafting their customers every generation with $1000+ GPU's (at least until Vega FE came out that is).

It's your loss, not anyone else

No one here will watch your shitty AMD shilling videos

Nvidia is far more innovative and winning company than AYYMD HOUSEFIRES will ever be

And you need to shill this shit here for what reason?
Reminder that not even Reddit Nvidia cares about this shit.

Show me an Nvidia Youtuber explaining the history of ATI/AMD then. I'm waiting.

What is Vega Frontier Edition? $1000 & $1,500 turds that are more expensive than anything Nvidia puts out

The one and only reason is why Nvidia got so popular and successful is this: all gifted engineers left Silicon Graphics (SGI) in mid 90s and bit later. They managed to make a profitable GPU which competed with lot of expensive high end workstations at that time. And by accident Microsoft was involved buying Softimage and other highend software called Maya was ported to NT. This in combination marked new era and gained permanent footing for their GPU technology.
I don't know what to say what has happened after that, should there be more advances or not but that was the initial success for them back in the day.

This entire video is just whining that NVidia shifted their marketing names around so that Titan is the highest end and not x80. Who fuckin' cares?

>late 90's
>$300 GPU good for one year
>2017
>$200 GPU good for 5 years

I don't care. Vega sucks and 580s cost a little less than a 1080ti right now, why the fuck would I bother? Retire the raj, he's killing amd

That is because fanboys on both sides are retarded. The very fact that I cannot post these on either r/AMD or r/Nvidia shows how fucked up this entire AMD vs Intel/Nvidia bullshit really is.

why would there even be one? nvidia users aren't the ones asshurt about being let down every other year.

>shifted their marketing names around so that Titan is the highest end and not x80

You forgot about the markup and that they now dont bother to push the envelope.

Why not, history is pretty interesting.

Didn't watch whatever garbage video you linked, but I exclusively used ATI/AMD since the 9800 Pro up until a few years ago. I experienced more and more problems with RTG as time went on and I had to dump them; never had an issue with nVidia ever since switching. Anyone who buys AMD GPUs are cucks, simply put.

Maybe the real reason why nobody wants to listen to this crap is because no one cares specially not coming from some butthurt AMD shill and don't fucking go around "he is not an AMD shill!!"
His whole career is literally about shilling AMD and now he needs to fucking bait for views.

This is what we are trying to say. It's not that Nvidia don't make good products. They do. It's that they fleece us for it and feed the masses bullshit and the crux of it is that the idiots out there lap it all up. Nvidia have the BEST marketing team money can buy.

>what are future investments
The Auto industry is going to explode.

What markup? The $50 premium to buy a product that actually works? If AMD provided actual competition instead of playing catchup constantly we'd see far better innovation.

>don't bother to push the envelope
>What is Nvidia Volta GV100

KILL YOURSELF, FAGGOT

>they now dont bother to push the envelope.

uhh? how about the STRONGEST AND POWER EFFICIENT GPU CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD?

Notice that Volta-based DGX Systems are already being shipped out.

AMD would be doing the same if they had the best products.

Too bad that market is owned by Nvidia already.

Nvidia is going dow as the company that managed to bring the skynet into reality, meanwhile, AMD is going down as literal housefires.

Yeah, they're pushing the envelope of recticle size .. lol

What, they're selling midrange cards for top of the range prices while top of the range prices are now 300+ dolars more expensive than what they were back in the day, and thats adjusting for inflation.

What does a tesla chip have to do with gaming?

nigga what? if i go out and buy a 1080 ti, i'm not going to start researching fucking gpu history am i? even in the video he said that everyone who buys gpus in general are not enthusiasts. he's a fucking retard anyway.

>when nv and ati were competing was the only time both released their best product
>" why nvidia aren't releasing their top end products!"
>"amd can't compete"
>"amd aren't relevant"

he said the answer himself. you think any company will do something to lose money when they don't have to. he acknowledges it on the one hand but then says the same retarded shit on the other.

>Trying to school Nvidia about future investments
Bitch, one of the biggest risk a company has ever taken was from Nvidia and CUDA, if CUDA had failed Nvidia would have gone down.

Why link to gameworks which is clearly middleware designed to fuck with the competition?

NVIDIA innovates both in technology and in anticompetitive behaviour. Legal anticompetitive behaviour, but legality isn't the decider of who I call a bunch of faggots.

NVIDIA are a bunch of faggots.

GV100 is a GPU and it was shown running graphics demo at GTC 2017, of course a retard like you wouldn't know anything

That's pretty cooll and all but what does all you wrote have to do with making a summary about gpu history?

Thanks for the warning. I will buy an nVidia card for sure.

So rich gamers are snatching teslas left and right to get the utmost performance in their games?

Software is cheap. They didn't start investing heavily in non consumer hardware until they had big revenue streams going already.

Woodscrews cost them more than starting off CUDA.

You're not forced to use GameWorks features, those are to be used by Nvidia hardware, if you have an AMD GPU why are you even enabling those setting?

and i said there's no incentive. only people being shafted (yes, amd users) every year with shit products and constantly being worse than the competition on average will care about all this history shit as they clearly take it personally.

The fact that anticompetetive behaviour requires no coercion doesn't make it any less anticompetetive, faggot.

AMD has fanboys too that keep saying that amd cards get better over time aka the "finewine" crap.

If you are smart you buy the card that's going to give you the best performance for the price and that isn't AMD right now.

>waaah why won't Nvidia gimp themselves so AMD can compete?

Because those 'features' should have no place in any games unless they work fine on both sides. They know that it makes the competition slower if enabled and it pushed onto devs. You don't see AMD pushing a fucking feature onto gaming devs. DX12 and Vulcan can be used effectively by BOTH teams so don't even pull that one out of your ass.

The fact that you support a pathetic company like AMD doesn't makes you smart, faggot.
Tessellation is literally required to get certification for DirectX11
AMD has had since 2009 to improve their shit implementation.

Again what does this all have to do with making a video about the history of the gpus of a specific brand? What makes it so wrong for you to make such a big deal out of it?

>Because those 'features' should have no place in any games unless they work fine on both sides
So tell AMD to improve their hardware.
oh wait I forgot.
>hardware made by chinks
>software written by poos

What can you expect from AMD?

They are not gimping themselves moron. They are adding a feature that is Nvidia specific knowing it will gimp AMD if enabled. It's a clever tactic because they know they cannot get called out by regulations over it because it's 'optional'.

And whom is driving that price down?

Source code availability doesn't gimp them, it just makes it harder for them to use software anticompetitively.

They have no obligation to not be anticompetitive of course, they are legally entitled to be a bunch of faggots.

the way i see it is why buy a product when you know it's going to be shit? if you buy amd you know very well it's going to be a subpar experience due to stuff like gameworks and inferior drivers etc so just don't buy it.

99.9% of people who buy amd people who had ati/amd as their first gpu and they have brand loyalty based on using that company. it works the same for most companies. with amd users they're just stubborn to move to the superior experience, and damage control in forums and places like here in the echochamber as a result of buyers remorse.

>They are adding a feature that is Nvidia specific
Why are you using those features if you don't own an Nvidia GPU?
You're not the target audience.

because I'm mad that I bought a budget GPU

i tried watching but the man can't fucking speak english
get out of here

are you retarded? you asked why there isn't an nvidia youtuber making a history video and i clearly explained that there is no incentive for them to do one opposed to an amd youtuber who thinks he's being oppressed by >le nvidia overlords

>nvidia cards can render triangles and do tessellation (a very big graphic feature) faster than amd cards
>why are games putting so many triangles and using tessellation, they should make their graphics more shitty so that amd cards can run them too
>this must be an anti competitive plot by nvidia

>amd releases a 300W space heater that has worst performance than a 150W 1 year old nvidia GPU.
>amd retards are buying it because of muh fine wine, they think in 2 years the amd card speed is going to double.

He's Scottish and more 'British' (the native country for 'English' speakers) than you probably.

That's not entirely true, NVIDIA was in the same position with 3Dfx for a while, but that is all water under the bridge now.

Both of them are quite happy with where the prices are/are going and i'm pretty sure that was mentioned in the video.

Englishman here. nobody likes the Scottish

What language does that shill speak? I can't understand shit. He speaks worse than a fucking pajeet.

Why the fuck would you even need some form of Incentive the make a video about history. As I said on my original reply to you, history can just be Interesting.

Better than that thick American drawl by a long shot.

i still can't take people who shill for the r9 390 seriously. i remember everyone here saying how bad the 970 is even though performance was on par or slightly ahead of the 390 (more when oc). i nearly bought the 390 till i saw that it used nearly 650w total system load in many reviews compared to the 970 which maxed out at around 350w-400w total system power. it's crazy.

The video kinda explains why we are in this state of fanboy culture today to some extent. But it really shows how Nvidia saw an opportunity to make more money whilst doing less (and who would not want to do that right?) It's weird how it turned out and it's sad that many people will shell out over $800 dollars for something that cost less than $500 only a few years ago.

Miners being the exception because they can all go to hell.

>AdoredTV
Why do people still watch his videos? He's not even entertaining, hiss accent is annoying.

>Why the fuck would you even need some form of Incentive the make a video about history.

is this some really shitty bait or are you serious? anything can be fucking interesting. does that mean i should go and make a video right now about how your mom dropped you off a 5 story building and as a result made you clinically retarded? neck yourself.

go and make your own fucking history videos since you love them so much

Your accent is annoying cotton picker.

fuck off mohammed.

He is desperate and fishing for views, every time he cannot longer get views from shilling for AMD he releases a video about Nvidia and gives them some offhand praise.

>anything can be fucking interesting. does that mean i should go and make a video right now about how your mom dropped you off a 5 story building and as a result made you clinically retarded?

Isn't that pretty much what youtube is? A bunch of random people doing whatever they want to, recording it and putting it on the internet?

I still don't see why you find it so much of an issue that a scott living in sweden decided to make a video about the history of one of the manufacturers gpus.

Yeah, and NVIDIA 100% owns that market already.

Good luck AMDrone, the poojeet has no idea what he's doing. Ever since he returned to AMD, it's been one failure after another from Radeon.

Honestly can't wait until Lisa sacks his dumbass.

>release GPUs with shit gaming drivers
>have to wait two years to get advertised performance through driver updates
>FineWineâ„¢

Saddest part is both of them are happy to fuck over their customers now that these higher prices are becoming the norm.

he's already admitted he's some basement dweller living abroad in his """girlfriends"""" house with her few children. he's said in previous videos that he doesn't go out and he spends all night making youtube videos. if you see his build videos you can tell he barely sees the light of day outside because he's all yellow and shit.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6z4fku/adored_tv_a_history_of_nvidia_geforce_part_1/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/6z4es5/both_ramd_and_rnvidia_deleted_my_adoredtv_links/

Shill getting owned.

i never had an issue with it. show me where i explicitly said i have a problem with adoredtv's history video. this whole conversation stemmed from me simply stating he's an amd partner which was in response to a post claiming he was a shill. you replied with some stupid comment saying "Show me an Nvidia Youtuber explaining the history of ATI/AMD then." to which i said why would there be?

you went off on some next one about how history is interesting and putting the implication that nvidia youtubers are bad (if they even exist) because they have't made a fucking history video.