Alright Sup Forumsents, lets see them internet speeds

Alright Sup Forumsents, lets see them internet speeds.

>12th largest metro area in the US
>promised 20 down/2 up
>this costs almost $80 per month

I fucking hate ISPs so god damn much

Phoenix is 15th not 12th.

Google says 12th

Doesn't matter, this shit shouldn't be happening in literally the most powerful and wealthy nation that has ever existed. God this is infuriating.

Move to the east coast then

I pay $80 and I'm the OP. I also live in Phoenix and have Cox. Try another server?

I swear to fuck we pay for 60+. thx, bell

I get what I pay for I guess.

Speed

serbian interwebs united

>another user in Phoenix
Neat, what a coincidence.

You must live somewhere closer to central Phoenix/downtown? I'm just outside of Century Link's service area (literally a block away - 7th st and greenway) and because of that, the internet packages I have available are 50-200% more expensive than the people also covered by CL.

The highest tier internet for residential businesses is $99/mo for the vast majority of phoenix. On my street, specifically? $385.

It's the cheapest internet available (included free in the rent).

can't complain.

wow

Its not ideal but streams 1080 YT fine and I don't download much. It's unlimited so thats not too bad. Wont be getting fiber for a while as in the countryside and we are like a mile and a half from the exchange. Feelsbadman

>wealthy nation
k

Browser gets real hiccupy during the download.

Damn

What hardware?

My 5820k at 4.2Ghz hit's ~25-30% CPU use during the download portion of speedtest.net's Chrome extension and 1gbps WAN. Idle CPU use is 2-4%.

So if a 6 core desktop CPU hits ~20% CPU use during 1gbps speedtest, older lower end gear, especially laptops I imagine would have difficulty keeping up with the speeds.

It has it's uses

>be me
>fell for the neet meme
>live with dad
>fiber internet available at $60/mo for 500mbps
>still stuck with third world tier 4mbps speeds because our internet is bundled with cable for $120/mo
>getting assraped for cable because dads gf pisses herself over reality tv shows like the kardashians

yes im working on getting my life together
yes I know im pathetic
yes I know I shouldnt complain
but I wish the us governments laws on isps weren't such pro megacorp, and I wish my dads gf got a life of her own instead of living vicariously through the newest plastic drama whore

just got it before the hurricane - stayed strong and I was comfy even tho my downstairs was flooded

Is only my laptop wifi
fiber much faster

How shitty is your laptop? Or wifi router?

This is my phone over wifi

wifi placing is one story below me and behind me. Right now wifi has to find a route to get through the floor and through a wall. And router is not good, but laptop is top shelf

This is from 1 floor away and across the house ~15 feet.

Seems like you need a new router. sub 100mbps is abysmal.

pretty good.

>falling for the star citizen scam :^)

LA cable, $40 / mo.
it's not bad

How could you not? You're being absolutely cucked with those upload speeds

TalkTalk sucks ass. I was "guaranteed" double this for £30/mo but at least the upload is acceptable

3570k @ 4.2 1Gbps WAN

Depends on which browser and white site I use to test.

This site on FF shots a couple cores to 100% and settles around 50%. Pretty different results as well.

beta.speedtest.net maxes out around 10% CPU and gets me numbers similar to previous post.

;-; this is my only source of internet

gigabit upgrade soon

Wow you live 10min away from me.
I have Cox 50mbps and pay 80$

I pay ₹600 or almost $10.(Third World.)

Thanks for IP, I will proceed to hack you now

$60 sgd/month, or around $45 usd/month

Could be worse.

This is allegedly a 100Mb/s connection, and it's costing me $80 dollarydoos a month.

I fucking hate this country.

over wifi.

paying $26/m for 140 down and 20 up.

>MyRepublic
you got jewed
they skimp on buying bandwidth so peak speeds are trash
granted that shouldn't even be a problem if the nbn was done right but it wasn't

No shit. I should have checked whirlpool, that's the only place where you see complaints, and holy shit, are there some complaints.

The odd thing is I have a friend less literally less than 700 meters away as the crow flies, who has zero issues. They have rerun the fiber in and given us a new NTD and I'm still getting dick all. Either way, fuck these guys, I'm building the case for my third service quality ticket, when they do fuck all about that one I'll be free to cut the contract and move elsewhere. Skymesh seems to get a good wrap, might look at them.

around 35 € per month

SkyMesh is garbage now, they used to be great but now have the same issues as MyRepublic.

I'm personally with Aussie Broadband (, this is on WiFi, get pretty much full speed on ethernet) but the downsides there are it's more expensive and not unlimited ($100/month for 1TB), though they have a coupon code "ozbargain" for a free first month and double data for 6 months.

Also heard good things about MATE Communicate who have unlimited for $100/month but have no experience with them personally so can't really give an opinion either way there.

Noted, thanks user.

Aussie nbn is okay I guess

"Gig" over copper

That's more than double what most people even need.

>looks to be a custom rom
>no adblocker

I am overly jelly of everyone who has more than 5 Mbit/s up, takes ages for me to transfer something from my server to an outside location.

>tfw living on too much of a remote place for fiber
This is wireless speeds, I should get 40Mb down and 4Mb up. For €5 I can get more than double that, so I'll probably get that.

30 € per month

Life is good, friends.

But it could be so much better.

Yeah I know, it's only about $25/month more, but I do t really need it and I like to save dollarydoos. It does feel good to know that I can always get a sweet upgrade at any time.

why is england so shit?

because British Telecom had a monopoly over all telephone lines and therefore no other companies can provide decent connection without having their own cabling system (Virgin Broadband does this).

Their own cabling system costs money, so not many ISPs do it, so for the majority of lines BT just 'rent' them out to ISPs

Seems pretty retarded. Besides the few years of construction pains, just deploy a 100% fiber network to all major cities on the island. Up front costs are high, but long term costs are minimal and you'll have the infrastructure in place to upgrade easily down the road when more bandwidth is needed.

The fact your government hasn't just done it themselves is baffling. You're one of the most population dense first world countries in the world, and you're embarrassing yourselves.

4.32 mbps
0.98 mbps

100/10 internet for "free" (included in rent). Could upgrade to 500/50 for 10€/month or 1000/100 for 20€/month. Finland.

Fibre in a small village.

Life's good.

>Fibre in a small village.
lol don't fucking pull that shit you dumb nigger, you're within 50km of paris you dumbass.

Small village my cock

Nope.

Only 320 inhabitants at my place.

Get your facts checked.

Lol fuck off with that lack of proof.

Your speed test says you're less than 50km from paris.

You're SURROUNDED by Parisian metro area.

~20€/mo, no contract

that maybe unbelievable from where you come from

How many people here use wifi over an actual wired connection? I'm using a 5Ghz Wireless AC connection and I get the full internet speeds I pay for. Network transfer rates are pretty fast too, I can't complain.

I get around half my speeds over WiFi.(WiFi) (Ethernet)

$65 CAD / month