So Intel's coffeelake won't run on z270 boards despite being the 1151 socket, I spent 200$ on my board too

So Intel's coffeelake won't run on z270 boards despite being the 1151 socket, I spent 200$ on my board too
Guess I'm hopping on the Ryzen train
now.

tomshardware.com/news/coffee-lake-intel-socket-1151,35418.html

Ryzen 2 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/less-or-fewer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ryzen 2 when?
Late 2018.

>Don't want to buy another board
>Guess I'll buy another board

In all fairness if OP buys an AMD board now it's guaranteed to last a lot longer than a brand new Coffee Lake board.

Where in the article did he get the
>Requires 300-Series Chipset
from?

There is nothing wrong with buying a new motherboard every year.

They offered a BIOS update so Kaby lake could run on z170 boards. I refuse to REEEEE about this until they refuse to give z270 the same for Coffee lake.

>intel ditching socket/chipset
Woah, what a surprise!

>op wants to upgrade
>has to buy a board either way
>but buying AMD is guaranteed to make future upgrades easier

GIVE US MORE MONEY FOR VIDEOS GOY.

BUY INTEL GOY

>Intel
>sockets are named after how many pins are in it
>completely transparent

>amd
>sockets have weird names like AM3 or AM4
>no one really knows what's going on
is it me or does this sound a bit fishy?

AM2 - DDR2, AM3 - DDR3, AM4 - DDR4.
Yes, it's THAT simple.

Is that not Ryzen+
And Ryzen 2 is not until 2019

7LP enters HVM H2 2018. They can murder Intel late 2018 if they really want to.

>200$

I don't understand

can someone explain to me why people spend more than the bare minimum on a mobo?

it's just cardboard with a bunch of wires

overclockers

High volume manufacturing?

Why do I give a fuck about how many pins there are? How is that relevant to me as a customer? I have no idea what CPU goes to what socket without googling.
I'm an intelfag, but I seriously prefer AMD naming scheme.

Ye. PDKs for 7LP are available right the fuck now, and it enters risk production H1 2018.

still just pointing out it's a bit sketchy...
they dont want to tell you how many pins, so you cant help but ask, why not?

see also there are features on more expensive mobos that are missing on the low end stuff. You might not need them, but that doesn't mean nobody does.

are you niggaz for real

masterrace is dead

every AAA game is a port, you can't overclock in enterprise,

but you need a 7GHz i9 to run your eroges.

like what?

I'm not being facetious.

B350 and 1700 now.
X370 later if you feel like overclocking more agressively or think you'll get better RAM frequency and timings that way.
Zen+/Zen2 wheneverthefuck. Turn B350 board and 1700 into home server.

>they dont want to tell you how many pins
It's not like it's confidential, you can look it up on wikipedia if you're interested.
But I still don't get why would you, I don't care if a CPU has 3 or 3000 pins as long it does what it should.

Sup Forums - Vidya

Uh are you retarded?

Some additional features like extra USB ports, extra M.2 slots, built-in WiFi adapter, maybe Thunderbolt 3 if you want it, etc. etc.

I usually pay the extra $80 to get more feature packed mobos because I usually use those extra features. And some mobos nowadays come with 10GbE LAN built in too if you get the "deluxe" versions.

More ports for example. Low end board typically have less DIMM slots, USBs, SATA ports and such.
More expensive boards also have better support for RAID in my experience.

>10GbE LAN built in too

future proofing, eh?

eh?

lel.

there is no zen+ every single ryzen with production number 17xx has already fixed quite a lot of problems plus being on b1

It's useful for high speed local networks. I'd kill for a 10Gbps network in my house, but I'd have to upgrade literally every piece of gear I have.
Not everything is for Internet, faggot.

A MOTHERBOARD CHANGE A DAY KEEPS THE NAZIS AT BAY

|
|>
|
|
|

Assuming everything goes according to schedule. Delays due to unforeseen problems aren't exactly uncommon in this business

well, OP speaks for the future probably.. He obviously cant trust Intel anymore.

I don't need problems fixed, I need clockspeeds >4ghz. Zen2 is too far away.

7LP is already a quarter earlier compared to older roadmaps.
And I doubt there'll be any problems fabbing peanuts-sized Zeppelin2.0's.

>mfw I'm on Z68 for several years now
Why do you fags keep relentlessly buying new platforms? Whats wrong with a Sandy Bridge in 2011+6?

Isn't Zen2 just a die shrink?

No, it's both tick and tock.

They say it will reach 5ghz. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen.

Any fun new features?
Are they expected to show up with new AM4 chipsets?

Lmao you are retarded

performance wise i wouldn't expect it to be behaving much different- they claim a slight IPC gain, but that probably only applies to very specific workloads, i.e. clock for clock it'll be the same as regular Zen.

So just imagine Zen2 as being Zen, but pushing much higher clocks.

>IPC improvements over Zen
>fuckton of cores
>5ghz

also it's being developed by IBM engineers which gives a bit more confidence

5ghz is just the optimal clock
the optimal clock for 14nm lpp is 3ghz yet ryzen can go over 4ghz
ryzen 2 could even go beyond 5ghz, but that will all depend on the architecture

Intel shills are starting to reach apple levels.

Basically sounds like Zen on steroids, would be GREAT. It's a slight disappointment Ryzen is stuck at fairly low clockspeeds or we could've had a taste of it already.

>Zen2 as being Zen, but pushing much higher clocks.
it's all it need to be faster than skylake refresh number 4

>I spent 200$ on my board too

suck shit faggot lmao

another incel goy getting exactly what he deserved

10GbE is pretty affordable now.

How the fuck is that future proofing if you transfer a lot of big files across your network you idiot?

10GbE LAN cards are $150-200 and takes up a PCIe slot...so if it comes built in, why not?

It's thinking long term. The longevity of AMD's sockets and chipsets is a matter of public record.

when are ram prices going to come down?

It's not the 10gig interfaces that'll kill your wallet, it's the goddamn switches. Especially if you need a lot of your ports for all the networked shit you were able to build up because 1gig is virtually free.

Never thought of it that way.
That's pretty clever

Soon, just like HDD prices. H-haha...

X380 when?

HDD price fixing will be their demise as solid state reaches parity for price/capacity.

When are SSD prices going to come down?

That'll be a while though, there's still a 10x difference in $/GB.

SSD prices are like the only thing that have kept steadily decreasing over the past 5 years or so.

lowest price I can find for 500gb is $150. Hasn't budged downwards since last year.

How would he even blow on that thing through the grill over his mouth?

it still uses the pci lanes lol

Well they tell you what type of RAM you need for it. For anyone that is a beginner on pc building, that's more important than how many pins it has I'd say.

Fucking ddr4 drams have doubled since summer of 2016

What if they actually offer some new features that require a new chipset?

can someone fucking tell me if a can put a 6700k chip on a z370?

it's unfuckingbelievable that none of the "tech" "news" "sites" have even considered this

>less DIMM slots
FEWER DIMM slots, you retarded mongoloid

they don't, they already announced everything there is to announce
it's called refresh+2 cores and lesser clock even in their own slides
release skylake 3rd time strategy
5th if you count i9 and xeons

this
there is absolutely no reason to upgrade if you're on sandy bridge with an i5/i7

sata 3 might be a good reason, so ivy would have made it even less of a need

the only reason i got a 6700k last year is because i've been sitting on a 45nm L5420 on a ddr2 board

en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/less-or-fewer

Thanks grammar nazi user, now I know.

>sata 3 might be a good reason
sandy supports sata 3
I moved to 1600x from 2600 because gaming, believe it or not but my 390 runs much better now
if all you do is office work there is not reason to upgrade from it, sure

I don't mind upgrading for the sake of a platform.
Things like M.2, USB 3.0 (to say nothing of USB-C) are missing on my Z68. X370 is supposed to have features like integrated SD controllers and Thunderbolt I heard.

People have issues with upgrading from z270, not 68.

Oh sure, they got screwed if they can't upgrade.
But for me, and I guess people upgrading from old systems, it's not an issue.

There are also AM3 CPUs that work on AM2 motherboards.

retarded

AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+(95W and 125W+ boards) and AM4. Fixed.

why is it anything intel ever does comes as being something only a lying vile snake would do?

Yeah but I take it there are no AM2 motherboards with DDR3 and vice versa. No matter where the CPUs fit.

Because the company is vile an corrupt to the core.

>idiotic
I've got B150M-PLUS for a 60$ with M.2 slot
>And some mobos nowadays come with 10GbE LAN
so you're gonna spend extra money for a technology that would be mass prodeuced by the time you replace that motherboard 3 times?
>retarded

Good goy.

So Intel only fucked their most loyal consumers who bought their latest products from this year. How nice of them.

intel fucked no one
your point is retarded

I meant fucked over.

I'm wondering if Skylake and Kaby Lake chips would fit in a Coffee Lake motherboard.

My motherboard shat itself before just past the warranty mark and I don't want to invest money in another Z170 / Z270 board.

Doesn't seem to be any info out on this at all.

What's wrong with the actual Ryzen?

how?

>hey, goy, buy this top-end expensive motherboard so you can upgrade later on, tee-hehe
>what do you mean only half a year has passed? your board is already obsolete, just buy a new one

>buy this top-end expensive motherboard
there's your problem
buy the stuff actually you need
The general user doesn't do that..
They buy the mobo who'll do the job for the next 5 years, which is basically the 60$ one
The question is why do you need top-end expensive shit when you don't use the half of the shit in it?

The only reason Coffe lake was released this early and in this first was because of pressure from ryzen. Intel could have done this anytime in the past but they decided to hold back extra cores/performance because they didn't have to offer anything better. And by offering this better option now invalidates their entire product line that came out a half year ago. How do call it not a fuck over if they try to hold back technology as much as they can for more money and when they are forced to improve they also refuses that their customers can easily move forward as well, instead they jew out for even more money?

i really can't comprehend the mental gymnastics you're going through
are you actually defend a meaningless chipset change that brings nothing new to the table while fucking people that are the backbone of your industry in the ass?

>The general user doesn't do that
are you actually saying people don't buy overclockable processors and Z boards to go with them?
>They buy the mobo who'll do the job for the next 5 years, which is basically the 60$ one
how out of touch with reality are you?
>The question is why do you need top-end expensive shit when you don't use the half of the shit in it?
because Intel's jewish practices REQUIRE you to buy an expensive motherboard if you want to use your CPU properly?

>waaah why do you buy the high end stuff you don't need it no one needs that kind of stuff
Then why does it even exist? And yes, people need it especially if it's in an affordable price range. Which is what AMD offers. What you say is textbook Intel shilling response. Good job man, you are quite transparent, but at least you can do your job.

Is there even any point in buying a CPU if you have at least a Haswell? Any improvements in performance are tiny.

I did try, but my Z77 MPower died right after warranty and took the i7 with it. Ain't my problem, and never buying MSI again at least for a few years. This might not have happened if I got the Sabertooth Z77 instead(those were the only 2 options nearing the end of Ivy Bridge in my region)

>how out of touch with reality are you?
I'm right in the industry.. Everyday I see example backing up that
>to use your CPU properly?
cpu load is 60% running a full-working OS and a 1-2 virtual machines at the same time
B150M-PLUS + 6100
>to use your CPU properly

That entirely depends on what do you do on your pc. Telling from your satisfaction with an outdated Intel cpu, you most likely play video games exclusively.

>And yes, people need it especially if
need it for what?